Toronto: 2 unconfirmed suicides tied to Ashley Madison leak

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
http://www.chron.com/crime/article/Toronto-police-2-unconfirmed-suicides-tied-to-6461982.php

This is really sad.
On top of the entanglements and controversy,
then the hacking and carrying out to shut down the site,
and now reports of at least one public official committing suicide rather than face the consequences.

I can't imagine the trauma and grief of the families and loved ones,
even the people involved by choice, who weren't prepared for this.

Every city listed should have a team of volunteer or paid counselors
to offer confidential one-on-one assistance to work through this aftermath.

The intent seemed to be to stop supporting and enabling these activities,
but what was set up in advance to help the victims of the fallout?

It's bad enough to have affairs going on, where public officials could
be targeted for harassment and the scandal exploited further.
But for suicides, I just can't believe the impact this must have on families affected.

I hope and pray there is adequate counseling and community support
to help all the people affected,
instead of using the tragedy and controversy to traumatize them further!

May the public sympathy for the families, and to support them in handling and
healing their relations, outweigh the need to scandalize this further at their expense.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all people affected, whom I support fully in resolving their issues, restoring good faith relations, and overcoming pain, shame and suffering with forgiveness instead of fear.

Two suicides linked to Ashley Madison leak include Texas police chief

Really sad. I'm touched by the supportive words by colleagues. Very moving, we need to express this kind of unconditional nonjudgmental support for everyone involved, to reinforce the better sides of people that can lend strength to overcome the worst. I even hope the hackers will come forward and face their consequences as they are pushing others to do!

I'm thinking about starting a free forgiveness counseling site, just to post numbers for referring free help to anyone who wants to save their family or work relations. And invite lawyers and counselors willing to volunteer and not take advantage of people's pain, but call for help from Angels really looking to save these relationships and lives from further ruin. Even to post stories of what people need and look for community help, like if people do suffer losses of jobs or partners and their children can't have their school interrupted, or they need to relocate if they are harassed, etc. If people take responsibility for their actions, and are willing to put their cars or houses as collateral, I would rather raise money to lend to bail them out if that would save lives or protect children and families from further trauma they didn't ask to be put through, as long as there is sincere agreement to either pay it back or pay it forward to other people asking for help.

This is always great need for support and outreach, but with millions of potential cases, this should not be exploited for money and abused to put pressure on people. In order to face up and take responsibility, more than ever they need Unconditional acceptance and assurance that everything can be worked out, no matter how ugly it looks.

We can't change what already happened, but we can work together to restore things based on love and commitment to healing from now on. Killing people off is not the way to release and escape the horrible pain, this can be done by true acceptance forgiveness and healing, and rising above the situation to be bigger people, both stronger and humbled,
in order to make it through. I would want all families to have the support to rise above the fray, and make the most of life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back