Tougher Sentences for Fraud

Scams are on the increase. There needs to be stricter sentences for these people.

Unlike drug use where the victim is the user, there are real victims to these crimes and the penalties should be severe.
Totally agree but we got to stop putting people in jail. Jail should be for people we are afraid of not mad at.

so the person convicted has to pay $100k plus what they stole back to the people they stole with.

these people are strictly monitored and on probation until they pay off the debt. Stop making payments and you are called back in.

How much should payments be a month? Treat this like child support. Whatever the guy makes, a certain percent is auto taken out every paycheck.

if they get an inheritance that money goes straight to victims. Lotto win? Straight to victims.

if the debt is still not paid off at 67 then the victims get 20% of your social security.

Most people who commit these crimes don't go to jail.

I think they should face decades of prison then financial destruction for the rest of their lives.

Paying a fine is already built into their scam. It does nothing to discourage them from continuing to do it nor does it discourage people from getting involved with it.

Yes they should pay back the money they stole and hefty fines and interest to those they stole from.

None of that discourages anyone from committing the crime in the first place.

Hit them where it hurts. Take their freedom from them then force them to live in total poverty for the rest of their lives. That will discourage anyone from doing this type of crime.

Those who do this sort of crime are greedy jerks. They care very much about money and freedom.
Ok, so I’m 25 and I commit this crime. You want to jail them for 20 years. How much money will they be able to generate for their victims once they get out at 45?
How many more people did they scam in the 20 years?
Don't allow them internet access.

So you want to pay $30,000 a year to house, feed and give them medical insurance for 20 years? I don't.

do you want them to get a fair trial? That costs money too.
Yes I do want them to get a fair trial don't you? Stop being obtuse. What I don't want is to lock them up for 20 years and have us foot the bill. There is a better way. You like the status quo? And what about after 20 years? Do you trust them then? I guess we should lock them up forever then.

I don't think you're thinking this through.

Well you’re couching this in economic terms. The trial costs money; why no objections to spending that money?

As for when they get out, repeat offenders often commit the same crimes. Should we lock everyone up for life?

Scams are on the increase. There needs to be stricter sentences for these people.

Unlike drug use where the victim is the user, there are real victims to these crimes and the penalties should be severe.
Totally agree but we got to stop putting people in jail. Jail should be for people we are afraid of not mad at.

so the person convicted has to pay $100k plus what they stole back to the people they stole with.

these people are strictly monitored and on probation until they pay off the debt. Stop making payments and you are called back in.

How much should payments be a month? Treat this like child support. Whatever the guy makes, a certain percent is auto taken out every paycheck.

if they get an inheritance that money goes straight to victims. Lotto win? Straight to victims.

if the debt is still not paid off at 67 then the victims get 20% of your social security.

I think they should face decades of prison then financial destruction for the rest of their lives.

Paying a fine is already built into their scam. It does nothing to discourage them from continuing to do it nor does it discourage people from getting involved with it.

Yes they should pay back the money they stole and hefty fines and interest to those they stole from.

Hit them where it hurts. Take their freedom from them then force them to live in total poverty for the rest of their lives. That will discourage anyone from doing this type of crime.

Those who do this sort of crime are greedy jerks. They care very much about money and freedom.
Ok, so I’m 25 and I commit this crime. You want to jail them for 20 years. How much money will they be able to generate for their victims once they get out at 45?

So you want to pay $30,000 a year to house, feed and give them medical insurance for 20 years? I don't.

Yes I do want them to get a fair trial don't you? Stop being obtuse. What I don't want is to lock them up for 20 years and have us foot the bill. There is a better way. You like the status quo? And what about after 20 years? Do you trust them then? I guess we should lock them up forever then.

Well you’re couching this in economic terms. The trial costs money; why no objections to spending that money?

As for when they get out, repeat offenders often commit the same crimes. Should we lock everyone up for life?
First, you tell me what you want to do. No we should not lock em up for life.

Putting them in prison costs us when we could punish them in a way that doesn't cost us. We have more people in jail in this country when we could just basically turn them into indentured survitudes. Basically slaves. If you are out there working and I'm getting 25% of your paycheck, as a victim, I'm a lot happier than knowing you're locked in jail costing ME money. I'd rather you out there working off your debt to me.

How many times have victims seen the perp go to jail but they are never compensated for their pain and suffering. We could change all that. Rich people would love to buy some indentured servatuders. LOL

Are the people who fall for scams to blame in some part?

I think so.

How dumb do you have to be to believe some of this stuff anyway?

Putting them in prison costs us when we could punish them in a way that doesn't cost us. We have more people in jail in this country when we could just basically turn them into indentured survitudes. Basically slaves. If you are out there working and I'm getting 25% of your paycheck, as a victim, I'm a lot happier than knowing you're locked in jail costing ME money. I'd rather you out there working off your debt to me.

How many times have victims seen the perp go to jail but they are never compensated for their pain and suffering. We could change all that. Rich people would love to buy some indentured servatuders. LOL

Yeah...that’ll work. OJ has paid back the Goldmans right?

Death penalty cures all.

Forum List

Back