🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trans Pacific Partnership

Think of your local paper's editorial board and how they are never against the latest boondogle pushed by the local political hacks....new event center?...great idea...community progressing, new stadium funded by taxpayers?....great idea...economic development.

The national media will be falling all over themselves to promote the TPP, there will be no investigative reporting on who is getting sweetheart deals, who it benefits and who it hurts.
The national press will be worthless on this issue.

Anyone can take a tour of the NYSE and get a picture taken by the bell.

Okay.

Post yours.

In mine, I am standing next to Larry Liebowitz. That's John Stewart's brother. At the time he was head of the Tech Department at the NYSE.

NYSE parent company chief operating officer ? and brother of Jon Stewart ? is stepping down - NY Daily News

So..you should be able to get the same deal, right?

Here I am ringing the bell.
Pink%2BPanther%2BRings%2BNYSE%2BClosing%2BBell%2BXlakgUvF6Wfx.jpg

You're Asian?

Anyone can take a tour of the NYSE and get a picture taken by the bell.

Okay.

Post yours.

In mine, I am standing next to Larry Liebowitz. That's John Stewart's brother. At the time he was head of the Tech Department at the NYSE.

NYSE parent company chief operating officer ? and brother of Jon Stewart ? is stepping down - NY Daily News

I worked on 14 wall st. For years. The NYSE is on 11 wall st.. I've been to the NYSE and AMEX more times than I can remember. It's not a big deal. I know for a fact any bum off the street can get his picture taken on the exchange. Now it appears you were with a group that rang the bell, which is cool, but in the end it still doesn't mean jack shit.

Okay.

Post your picture ringing the bell.

Okay.

Post yours.

I worked on 14 wall st. For years. The NYSE is on 11 wall st.. I've been to the NYSE and AMEX more times than I can remember. It's not a big deal. I know for a fact any bum off the street can get his picture taken on the exchange. Now it appears you were with a group that rang the bell, which is cool, but in the end it still doesn't mean jack shit.

I'd say most people at the NYSE are bums. (-:

The NYSE is an Exchange.

They provide the platform for trading. They don't do that actual trading.

heard a bunch of talking heads discuss who Obama was directing his speech to the other night. The base or the middle of the road voters.......He was directing his speech to corporate lobbyists. The mad-men line could have been replaced with MONEYMEN. His "free trade" agenda is just meant to raise money from K-street

Every President, right or left, comes into the White House with high ideals but then gets smacked in the head by their corporate masters. That's why all the economic advisors are wall st power players. Who's interrest do these guys have? Not yours or mine.

Chuck Todd had a couple of trade shills on this morning.

Be prepared for a mass media barrage of lies in support of this latest sell-out trade deal.

Washington DC, in a whole range of areas, cannot seem to learn from history.

Because edgieboy is an ass kisser of corporate "america", he believes they are the answer to anything and everything. To him, they shit vanilla ice cream and he loves that because its tasty to him.
He is a "token" American hating real Americans.

Ed Schultz has been spotlighting this horrible piece of legislation that Republicans and President Obama seem to agree on.

It is in a word, insane.

It would "finish" the job of NAFTA and condemn most people without college degrees to jobs in the service industry. Not only that, it would affect highly skilled labor as well. Seems that now that the economies of Mexico and China have gotten better and they are rolling out their on environmental protects, the big corporation thirst for cheap (Read pennies on the dollar) labor is now seeking new digs.

Trans Pacific Partnership

This is a wholly bad idea. :eek:

This is why I call dimocraps stupid..... Because you are. I'm talking non-partisan, no bull-shit stupid.

It takes 30 Man Hours to build a car in this Country. Everything from the lug nuts, the engine, transmission and stereo.

Thirty (30) Man Hours.

Let's say we pay our average UAW sponge $50 an hour, including benefits. About right.

And let's say the Average Chinese Worker costs around $5 an hour.

So if you build that same car in China, you're saving a whopping $1,350.

Wowee-Zowee, Bat Fink!!!

And oh....? Then you gotta get it here. About $750 to cross the Pacific on a super freighter.

Then you gotta pay a 2% import tax.... On a $25,000 car, that's about $500.

There's other costs of building overseas but those two hi-lite what I'm trying to say......

Labor isn't driving companies overseas. Never has. Maybe in labor-intensive industries like textiles it has, but nobody wants those jobs anyway.

What's driving those jobs overseas is really simple --

You. You are. dimocraps are. Idiots, nincompoops, morons, communist Union dimocraps.

Companies have no problems dealing with high wages... At all.

They don't even have a problem dealing with Unions.

But what they CAN'T deal with is over-burdensome government, tens of thousands of mostly stupid regulations, lawsuits every other day because some transvestite is offended for having to use a certain bathroom and the number one, numero uno, problem is....

Being shut down. Being shut down by a Strike KILLS companies.

Then there's the problem of expansion, then there's....

Well... dimocraps.

dimocraps are the problem.

You people are just fucking stupid beyond belief. You're killing yourselves by voting dimocrap and you're too stupid to see it.

I have no sympathy for you. Any of you

Um..this is wrong on so many levels.

Where do I start.

Well yeah..corporations DO have a problem with high wages.

It's ALL they bitch about.

Why do I know this? I've been in the room on high level meetings with CEOs.

ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS HEAD COUNT.

Nothing else.

Almost all of your post is bullshit.

Sorry..I meant ALL of your post is bullshit.

Okay.

Post yours.

Okay.

I don't have to, because a picture of me ringing the bell doesn't mean anything. Come on dude, are you really trying to say your picture proves anything as far your expertise on the economy. Get real dude.

Okay.

I don't have to, because a picture of me ringing the bell doesn't mean anything. Come on dude, are you really trying to say your picture proves anything as far your expertise on the economy. Get real dude.

You don't have too? Maybe it's that you can't. It's something you've never done.

And my expertise with the economy? Now it's that?

So I guess you've given up your silly argument that I didn't work there.

My "expertise" comes from watching the trends of the market, daily.

Still do.

And this really isn't a thread about trends...it's a thread about the TPP.

Last edited:
Because edgieboy is an ass kisser of corporate "america", he believes they are the answer to anything and everything. To him, they shit vanilla ice cream and he loves that because its tasty to him.
He is a "token" American hating real Americans.

This is why I call dimocraps stupid..... Because you are. I'm talking non-partisan, no bull-shit stupid.

It takes 30 Man Hours to build a car in this Country. Everything from the lug nuts, the engine, transmission and stereo.

Thirty (30) Man Hours.

Let's say we pay our average UAW sponge $50 an hour, including benefits. About right.

And let's say the Average Chinese Worker costs around $5 an hour.

So if you build that same car in China, you're saving a whopping $1,350.

Wowee-Zowee, Bat Fink!!!

And oh....? Then you gotta get it here. About $750 to cross the Pacific on a super freighter.

Then you gotta pay a 2% import tax.... On a $25,000 car, that's about $500.

There's other costs of building overseas but those two hi-lite what I'm trying to say......

Labor isn't driving companies overseas. Never has. Maybe in labor-intensive industries like textiles it has, but nobody wants those jobs anyway.

What's driving those jobs overseas is really simple --

You. You are. dimocraps are. Idiots, nincompoops, morons, communist Union dimocraps.

Companies have no problems dealing with high wages... At all.

They don't even have a problem dealing with Unions.

But what they CAN'T deal with is over-burdensome government, tens of thousands of mostly stupid regulations, lawsuits every other day because some transvestite is offended for having to use a certain bathroom and the number one, numero uno, problem is....

Being shut down. Being shut down by a Strike KILLS companies.

Then there's the problem of expansion, then there's....

Well... dimocraps.

dimocraps are the problem.

You people are just fucking stupid beyond belief. You're killing yourselves by voting dimocrap and you're too stupid to see it.

I have no sympathy for you. Any of you

Um..this is wrong on so many levels.

Where do I start.

Well yeah..corporations DO have a problem with high wages.

It's ALL they bitch about.

Why do I know this? I've been in the room on high level meetings with CEOs.

ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS HEAD COUNT.

Nothing else.

Almost all of your post is bullshit.

Sorry..I meant ALL of your post is bullshit.

He once started yammering about how certain states don't show "high income" or pay into the "national kitty" because they were taken advantage of by other states that transport their goods.

I had a good laugh with that one.

:lol:

Forum List

Back