True Costs Of Obamacare Becoming Known. Fines Threatened To Be Seized From Bank Accts

So all people who don't sign up are subject to losing their Drivers License? Is this a bogus claim or is that bullshit true?

It was a comment that was left on Facebook. I think there might be truth to it because SEIU and ACORN members are working as navigators in some of the states. California might have their shit together, but this program isn't standard because they left it up to each state how exactly to run it.

If you owe the State money and you're behind, they WILL suspend your Drivers License.

Ask anybody paying Child Support

Since the fines for not having coverage don't actually start until 2015, I'm going to assume that this random facebook post is a complete fabrication.

The guy said he was threatened when he attempted to opt out after finding out how expensive Obamacare was.

I'm trying to figure out why you think this is a complete fabrication just because the fines supposedly don't start until Jan 1 2015.

I'm afraid you've been drinking the Kool-aid too long to be objective.

I don't believe the fines are that high -- Yet.

I believe the legislation allows for fines up to $2,000 per person per year.

They'll increase the fines in increments, like they do everything else.

But I think right now the fines are relatively low

Social Security started out low but now I pay quite a bit into it, which I'll never get back. By the time I retire the Dems will have stole every cent in the fund to pay off the debt and left us with an I.O.U.

Last edited:
The guy said he was threatened when he attempted to opt out after finding out how expensive Obamacare was.

I'm trying to figure out why you think this is a complete fabrication just because the fines supposedly don't start until Jan 1 2015.

I'm afraid you've been drinking the Kool-aid too long to be objective.

Social Security started out low but now I pay quite a bit into it, which I'll never get back. By the time I retire the Dems will have stole every cent in the fund and left us with an I.O.U.

If you could have taken all the money paid by you and your employers into Social Security and put it in an average-performing Mutual Fund.....

You could retire now.... On your Yacht..... With scantily-dressed Hooters Girls serving us Pina Coladas during the day and Margaritas at night.

Oh yeah..... I'd be anchored right nest to you so you might as well invite me over :)

conspiracy thread 101: "man claims ufo landed in his yard"

Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts?
021013care.jpg

Image: Obama signs the Affordable Care Act.

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with drivers license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.

In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Either Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.​

Social Security started out low but now I pay quite a bit into it, which I'll never get back. By the time I retire the Dems will have stole every cent in the fund and left us with an I.O.U.

If you could have taken all the money paid by you and your employers into Social Security and put it in an average-performing Mutual Fund.....

You could retire now.... On your Yacht..... With scantily-dressed Hooters Girls serving us Pina Coladas during the day and Margaritas at night.

Oh yeah..... I'd be anchored right nest to you so you might as well invite me over :)

I had a 401k from my last job and when I left and converted it to an IRA my wife kept borrowing from it to pay the taxes. Now I have a TSP that I can't exactly count on being there because I hear they're taking that now.

If you put away money this group of criminals in Washington will find some way of screwing you out of it. The only thing safe is hiding it outside of the country or putting it in real estate.

I live on SS and 3 pensions now that I'm retired. My SS income is nowhere near where this guy claims his income is, and what I get is taxed. All of it. I pay $186/month for my retirement insurance, $140/month for my medigap, and $140/month for Medicare part B. That is $466 each month for my health coverage with Medicare A supposedly being free.

Obamacare passed. Everyone like him had better sign up. I'm no longer in the mood to provide free care to freeloaders. If he gets sick and presents to the hospital the visit will still be covered by EMTALA and thousands of dollars for the visit would have to be written off as it always has been with subsidy to the facility from the government.

The sick, lame, and lazy are covered. Now, the rest who got a free ride because they couldn't 'afford' insurance are supposed to enroll. There should be NO out. The rest of us don't have one, we pay or premiums like good little dobees, or we lose our asses.

The Democrats brought this nightmare into existence, now they need to enforce it.

Last edited:
Read the fucking Supreme Court ruling.
The "penalty" issue is referenced.

And Fines will be collected on the next years taxes.Anyone who doesnt have to file taxes makes so little they will probably be covered by medicaid/medicare or they are mentally ill

Last edited:
I went to check out quotes for kicks and grins. This is like waiting at the DMV.

So far looks like it's going just like everything else the gubbamint does.

We have a lot of visitors on the site right now.
Please stay on this page.

We're working to make the experience better, and we don’t want you to lose your place in line. We’ll send you to the login page as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

And Fines will be collected on the next years taxes.Anyone who doesnt have to file taxes makes so little they will probably be covered by medicaid/medicare or they are mentally ill

The IRS can put a lien on property, bank accounts, etc........

You'll be okay if you don't have anything and don't do anything or homeless. The rest of us are screwed.

I went to check out quotes for kicks and grins. This is like waiting at the DMV.

We're working to make the experience better, and we don’t want you to lose your place in line. We’ll send you to the login page as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Obama knows the guys at Google and they get a billion hits a day. WTF?

021013care.jpg

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with drivers license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.

In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Either Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.​

Hey ASSHOLE!!

Do you have anything to disprove the post or are you just being a fucking Troll?

EVERYBODY knows the fines for not signing up for the ACA WILL go up to over $2,000 per family.

The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

In 2016, the fines will be $695 for adults, $347.50 for children, and $2,085 or 2.5 percent of income for families whichever is greater. Right now, they're pretty low

EVERYBODY knows that being indebted to the State can and WILL get your Drivers License suspended.

And EVERYBODY knows that being indebted to the IRS (who is running this abortion) can and WILL get a Silent Lien placed on your Home.

Last edited:

I have Medicare and I will be taxed even after I have no earnings which will be next year. I have already figured my taxes for next year. It will be nice to not see $30,000 of my salary go to you freeloaders, but I will be taxed the rest of my life.

Last edited:

Obama knows the guys at Google and they get a billion hits a day. WTF?

There's only the one guy doing quotes due to the furlough.

Ever since the threat of government-run health care became a reality and ObamaCare was signed into law in 2010, clear-thinking Americans have been worried about how the legislation would ultimately affect the elderly and infirm. Now we know.

Sarah Palin called them "death panels" and was mocked for suggesting that when the federal government ran out of money, health care would be rationed, and the elderly, the infirm, and the chronically ill would be the first to be denied.

America ignored it when Obama told Jane Q Publick, aka Jane Sturm, that he would deny her 105-year-old mother, a woman with a joy for life, a pacemaker. It wasn't Sarah Palin, but Barack Obama who said that at a certain point, based on their age, old people would be better off with a painkiller.

No American wants to believe that in order to cut down on costs, bureaucrats, never mind the president of the United States, would purposely allow some of us to die.

But for those who observe President Obama's actions and refuse to compartmentalize his comments, it's been abundantly clear that this is a man who lacks respect for the sanctity of life -- anyone's life.

After all, if a person approves of the unfettered slaughter of defenseless unborn babies and also enthusiastically funds the brutal procedure to end their lives, doesn't it make sense that such a person is capable of just about anything?

That's why it's no surprise that the president recently inflicted abuse on elderly WWII heroes who congregated in Washington, D.C. to visit a memorial erected in honor of their service.

Read more: Articles: Death Panels and the WWII Veterans
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

021013care.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

Hey ASSHOLE!!

Do you have anything to disprove the post or are you just being a fucking Troll?

EVERYBODY knows the fines for not signing up for the ACA WILL go up to over $2,000 per family.

The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

In 2016, the fines will be $695 for adults, $347.50 for children, and $2,085 or 2.5 percent of income for families whichever is greater. Right now, they're pretty low

EVERYBODY knows that being indebted to the State can and WILL get your Drivers License suspended.

And EVERYBODY knows that being indebted to the IRS (who is running this abortion) can and WILL get a Silent Lien placed on your Home.

[MENTION=36318]Edgetho[/MENTION]. Whoa there Tonto...calm the fuck down. :laugh2:

I have Medicare and I will be taxed even after I have no earnings which will be next year. I have already figured my taxes for next year. It will be nice to not see $30,000 of my salary go to you freeloaders, but I will be taxed the rest of my life.

wtf are you, another trust fund baby? :rofl:

What's sad is that the young entrepreneur who is just starting his or her business may want to opt out of Health Insurance for a few years.

I did when I was young. I didn't want to spend the money. I wanted to put the money back into my business.

The ACA takes that option pretty much away from people. Buy it or pay a fine..... Which is not much different than flushing your money down the toilet.

OTOH, the ACA offers subsidized coverage to people who aren't making a lot of money, which in the startup phase of a business is usually the case.

Of course, then you have the possibility of the IRS getting even more curious about your Company Finances and getting audited.

You don't want to get audited. Facing the Gestapo in an Interrogation Cell is easier than getting audited.

The ACA isn't ALL bad, it's just that...... And I'm really not being facetious here....

It came from the minds of dimocraps and, honestly I'm not being partisan, but they're just not real bright.

They fucked up the one page (out of 2,300) that deals DIRECTLY with their very own Insurance coverage.

And you think it's bad now?

They haven't paid the first Claim yet

wtf are you, another trust fund baby? :rofl:

Not by a long shot. There aren't too many of those in KY. I went to school, got a well paying job, and worked off 3 pensions. You should try it sometime.

Forum List

Back