Trump accomplishments?

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Trump has been president for about 18 months now and has been quite a busy man. Personally I feel he has exceeded all expectations I may have had 18 months ago. Some of, what I feel are, his biggest accomplishments:

• Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
  • A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
  • Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one created. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
  • Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
  • Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
  • Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to better the deal for the U.S.
  • Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open U.S. plants.
  • Ended Obama’s deal with Cuba.
I’m curious as to how others feel, let me know what you feel are his biggest accomplishments.

No doubt, there may be a few that are inclined to say “he lies more than anyone on the planet”, which is fine. But give us a substantial example, don’t tell us he lied about crowd size, because I really feel if that’s the best you got….well that’s just sad.

No great accomplishments come to mind. So far what he has done seems to not have a real positive affect. Economy only grew 2.2% the first quarter. Labor force participation rate is really low. Wages are stagnant. Stock market is way down from its high. Deficits are soaring.

No great accomplishments come to mind. So far what he has done seems to not have a real positive affect. Economy only grew 2.2% the first quarter. Labor force participation rate is really low. Wages are stagnant. Stock market is way down from its high. Deficits are soaring.

But unemployment is lower, GDP hasn't grown, although rumor has it that second quarter GDP may be up around 4.0.

One not mentioned... Exposing the MSM as a politicized branch of the Democratic party. Then again, the unholy trio of CNN, HRC & Donna Brazile coming to light did help the Donald out in this endeavor, lol. Seriously though, he has challenged the MSM at every duplicitous step, reached the citizenry with a message of security, prosperity & a bright future here, within the sovereignty of our own Nation. He has assured us in a much needed way that we are a nation of freedom under the law but also a citizenry protected from the encroachment of the law.

Last edited:

But unemployment is lower, GDP hasn't grown, although rumor has it that second quarter GDP may be up around 4.0.
Yes but Trump told us that the real unemployment rate was over 20% due to the low labor force participation rate. I'm not impressed.

Yes but Trump told us that the real unemployment rate was over 20% due to the low labor force participation rate. I'm not impressed.

Not sure what the current U6 numbers are, I would be surprised if they are that high.

Not sure what the current U6 numbers are, I would be surprised if they are that high.
Labor force participation is still really low.

About a week ago I was reading an article suggesting it was low due to baby boomers retiring. And there are a bunch of them.

About a week ago I was reading an article suggesting it was low due to baby boomers retiring. And there are a bunch of them.
Tell Trump. Him and republicans said the low unemployment rate is fake because of the really low labor force participation rate. Trump said he was going to increase it, he hasn't.

Tell Trump. Him and republicans said the low unemployment rate is fake because of the really low labor force participation rate. Trump said he was going to increase it, he hasn't.

strangely, the baby boom retirement didn't have anything to do with the low labor part rate when obama was president.

just ask one of these cons :lol:

Haven't seen anyone link welfare and labor force, makes sense to me for those on welfare not to be terribly interested in working.

Hmmm...this could be the culprit.
Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Haven't seen anyone link welfare and labor force, makes sense to me for those on welfare not to be terribly interested in working.
Are there less people collecting now?

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg
The Relationship Between SNAP and Work Among Low-Income Households
1-29-13fa-f1.jpg

They seem to work the same as the rest of the country.

In California I would say absolutely not, more are collecting.

1 Supreme Court Justice and 1 more to come
21 Circuit Court of Appeals Judges and 22 to come
20 District Court Judges and 151 to come
Approximately 340 key executive branch appointments with approximately 337 to come

Most of the above have been good appointments. Trump is a horrible executive and his top executives are poorly led but for the most part he's nominated very good people at lower levels and when some guy is District Judge for the Western District of Oklahoma, US Attorney for Northern Alabama or board member for the NLRB the guy is way better than the Obama appointee and does his job without fuckage from the White House. People overestimate the Presidential decisions and underestimate the decisions of the vast number of people he appoints. The GOP machinery has put in place many people who are vastly superior to their predecessor.

In California I would say absolutely not, more are collecting.
That seems unlikely with the unemployment rate decreasing, but I don't have a stat at the moment. Wages are still stagnant so maybe.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg
The Relationship Between SNAP and Work Among Low-Income Households
1-29-13fa-f1.jpg

They seem to work the same as the rest of the country.

Almost sounds like we need a definition for "work".
California more of a welfare state than most countries in Europe – Orange County Register

Forum List

Back