Trump accused of threatening violence

This is big on Reddit today. Apparently some think Trump is threatening violence. Your thoughts?

Trump Again Threatens Violence If Democrats Don’t Support Him

One of Donald Trump’s favorite riffs is a wish, cast as a warning, that his supporters inside and outside the state security services will unleash violence on his political opponents if they continue to oppose the administration. The specifics of the riff don’t vary much. Trump laments that his opponents are treating him unfairly, praises the toughness and strength of his supporters — a category that combines the police, military, and Bikers for Trump, which he apparently views as a Brownshirt-like militia — and a prediction that his supporters will at some point end their restraint.

He does it again in a new interview with Breitbart:

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

Early warnings that Trump could undermine the Constitution have not been borne out, which has produced a certain complacency about the issue. It is true that Trump is only an aspirational authoritarian, and to date has failed to bring his most illiberal dreams to life. He has used the government to punish independent media, prevailing upon the Post Office to raise rates on Amazon in retaliation for Jeff Bezos’s ownership of the Washington Post, and repeatedly told his staff to order the Justice Department to block a merger in order to punish CNN. So far, this has had little effect.

On the other hand, if Trump wins a second term — a prospect that, under current economic conditions, is close to a toss-up — his presidency will only be a quarter of the way through. Already his authoritarian rhetoric is so thoroughly normalized that it hardly even registers as news any more. Anybody whose political efforts involve helping Trump gain more power, rather than opposing that project, is playing Russian roulette with the Constitution.

I totally encourage it. I hope he becomes more blatant and aggressive. I’m looking forward to an all out civil war. Let’s do this shit already!
Who are you going to fight, tough guy? Your neighbors who vote for Democrats?

Go now and grow up.

This is big on Reddit today. Apparently some think Trump is threatening violence. Your thoughts?

One of Donald Trump’s favorite riffs is a wish, cast as a warning, that his supporters inside and outside the state security services will unleash violence on his political opponents if they continue to oppose the administration. The specifics of the riff don’t vary much. Trump laments that his opponents are treating him unfairly, praises the toughness and strength of his supporters — a category that combines the police, military, and Bikers for Trump, which he apparently views as a Brownshirt-like militia — and a prediction that his supporters will at some point end their restraint.

I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

Early warnings that Trump could undermine the Constitution have not been borne out, which has produced a certain complacency about the issue. It is true that Trump is only an aspirational authoritarian, and to date has failed to bring his most illiberal dreams to life. He has used the government to punish independent media, prevailing upon the Post Office to raise rates on Amazon in retaliation for Jeff Bezos’s ownership of the Washington Post, and repeatedly told his staff to order the Justice Department to block a merger in order to punish CNN. So far, this has had little effect.

On the other hand, if Trump wins a second term — a prospect that, under current economic conditions, is close to a toss-up — his presidency will only be a quarter of the way through. Already his authoritarian rhetoric is so thoroughly normalized that it hardly even registers as news any more. Anybody whose political efforts involve helping Trump gain more power, rather than opposing that project, is playing Russian roulette with the Constitution.

I totally encourage it. I hope he becomes more blatant and aggressive. I’m looking forward to an all out civil war. Let’s do this shit already!

Go now and grow up.

haha..not a single one of my neighbors vote Mexicrat. I live in a very affluent, high class, WHITE area....Shit, my Lebanese neighbor flies a MAGA flag under his American flag.

well you think there are people with maga hats on starting violence. where?

I think people with MAGA hats are ready for violence.

Were that true it would have already started, your side has been antagonizing them for years now.
Trump is calling his side to action.
Orders from the top, to his brownshirts.
Looks like a declaration of war.

I listened to it, partisans hear what they want to hear and nothing more. The entire Trump calling on Russia for help thing
proves that.

Go now and grow up.

haha..not a single one of my neighbors vote Mexicrat. I live in a very affluent, high class, WHITE area....Shit, my Lebanese neighbor flies a MAGA flag under his American flag.
Which trailer park do you live in?

Fight anyone over politics and you’ll be greeting your neighbors while wearing an orange jump suit while seated at an aluminum picnic table.

Go now and grow up.

Fight anyone over politics and you’ll be greeting your neighbors while wearing an orange jump suit while seated at an aluminum picnic table.

I'm always retaliatory bud...I'm an expert at provoking ignorant fools to be offensive which enables me to be defensive...See how this shit works?

That's what Mob bosses do......

He is clearly inciting violence. He has been doing it since the campaign.

Nope, he is talking about inevitable consequences that happens after decades of media screwing with people's heads and pitting identity groups against one another.

Nope, he is talking about inevitable consequences that happens after decades of media screwing with people's heads and pitting identity groups against one another.

If you really believe that, I've got some bridges to sell you.

Either he is really stupid or he is trying to get some lunatic teetering on the edge of sanity to run over protesters or something.

Either he is really stupid or he is trying to get some lunatic teetering on the edge of sanity to run over protesters or something.

Do you not agree that the the mainstream media's coverage of the Covington boys runs the risk of provoking some "lunatic" to attack white teenagers wearing a MAGA hat?

That's what Mob bosses do......

If you really had mob experience, you wouldn't be posting this as no upstanding mob would've let your lame ass live this long.

Of course he is and of course he has. I don't know why the Trumpers bother to deny it. They love it and everyone else knows it's true but hey...Trumpers gotta be Trumpers

Go now and grow up.

I'm always retaliatory bud...I'm an expert at provoking ignorant fools to be offensive which enables me to be defensive...See how this shit works?

You talk. Period.

And YET all we hear is about how some lefty attacked someone wearing a MAGA Hat or attacking some conservative for well being conservative. The fact is for every supposed attack by a righty on a lefty there are 10 by the left on the right. But you Trump hating zealots pretend otherwise and I really love it when one of yours attacks a conservative, makes the news and then you all claim " how do you know he is a lefty?"

Do you not agree that the the mainstream media's coverage of the Covington boys runs the risk of provoking some "lunatic" to attack white teenagers wearing a MAGA hat?

It's possible.

Forum List

Back