Trump Administration Caves: No Citizenship Question On 2020 Census

Another dumb post. Have you ever responded to a US Census questionnaire ? It sounds like you haven't. There are multitude of questions that can reveal illegal aliens' immigration status. Just one example is a question about addresses and jobs going back 5, 10, or 20 years. What are they going to say ? That they were just born here last year ?

And if you think that DHS and ICE will not have access to census information, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

DHS and ICE do not have access to individual census information. This has been tested in the courts many times and never has any other agency been given the data. All they get is the same aggregate data everyone sees.
They got the data on anyone posting on faceplant or google LOL

IRS has the data on millions of workers with fake ssn's but don't prosecute the identity theft because they pay taxes...........

Amazing huh.

Another dumb post. Have you ever responded to a US Census questionnaire ? It sounds like you haven't. There are multitude of questions that can reveal illegal aliens' immigration status. Just one example is a question about addresses and jobs going back 5, 10, or 20 years. What are they going to say ? That they were just born here last year ?

You do not know what you are talking about. The 2010 Census had 10 questions, and 10 questions only.

2010 - History - U.S. Census Bureau

You do not know what you are talking about. The 2010 Census had 10 questions, and 10 questions only.

Yup...........Obama cut the ones he didn't like..........Another part of his legacy.

A legacy that needs to be circular filed.

IRS has the data on millions of workers with fake ssn's but don't prosecute the identity theft because they pay taxes...........

Amazing huh.

I think you give the government far too much credit.

The IRS has sued the USDA for Census of Ag data on an individual and has lost, the FBI has sued the CB for census data on individuals and lost. The courts have denied every request for specific data.

Amazing huh.

The IRS has sued the USDA for Census of Ag data on an individual and has lost, the FBI has sued the CB for census data on individuals and lost. The courts have denied every request for specific data.
Google is your friend........To the IRS ....they have admitted the fraud ...

To the feds, fbi, cia, nsa not getting our data.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Amazing huh.

Google is your friend........To the IRS ....they have admitted the fraud ...

To the feds, fbi, cia, nsa not getting our data.

:abgg2q.jpg:

you are welcome to believe whatever fantasy you wish. You once claimed that what you did was "look for facts" and now instead you just make up shit.

Each to their own

Not so.
Article 1 Section 2 of the constitution.

The head of ever household is required to complete the census form regardless of citizenship, even those here on a tourist visa. You are subject to fine if you refuse to compete the survey. The census has nothing to do with citizenship. The purpose is to determine how many people live in every residence in the US.

The only purpose of the citizenship question is keep Hispanic households from completing the survey if they contain members that are undocumented thus yielding an inaccurate census.
You came into this thread very late. Your contention was refuted long ago, as the Constitution's amendment mentions "citizen" 3 times. See post # 197.

Secondly, you are talking about "required" and "fines" when it comes to illegal aliens ? :confused: HA ha. Maybe you hadn't heard. Lawbreaking is a way of life for illegal aliens.

Last edited:
All this will very likely end with the citizenship question being asked on the census questionairres. It will be a moot accomplishment however, since very few illegal aliens fill out census questionairres,

Secondly, within a short period of time, there will be relatively few illegal aliens left in the country, as mass deportations will scrub them out.

Not quite accurate.
The nationwide American Community Survey (ACS) is a critical element of the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. The more detailed socioeconomic information once collected via the long-form questionnaire is now collected by the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about all communities every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade.
This special part of the census contains dozens of questions including addresses, jobs, real estate and vehicle ownership, racial and language demographics etc, going back 20 years.

Subject Tables | American Community Survey | U.S. Census Bureau

In the Narrative Profiles section, respondents are profiled according to "Race and Hispanic origin", "Nativity and Foreign Born", "Speak a Language other than English", and other questions illegal aliens would not want to even approach.

Lastly, this data is freely available to the public, in contrast to the poppycock some posters have posted here falsely claiming it to be unavailable. >>>

Narrative Profiles

Last edited:
All this brouhaha is silly. Many years ago I had a summer job as a door to door census taker. I would follow up with people who did not mail in the form. Half the time, people were too busy or too lazy to mail it in, and I would fill it out for them at the door. The other half of the time, people thought the census was not any of the goverments business, and would not even talk to me. At a minimum, I might get a head count from a neighbor.

The idea that one specific question, out of all the questions, will make a difference in the count is dumb.

DHS and ICE do not have access to individual census information. This has been tested in the courts many times and never has any other agency been given the data. All they get is the same aggregate data everyone sees.
Which tells a lot. Including racial and language demographics.

Amazing huh.
Lot of stuff going on behind the radar. Are illegal aliens going to trust that everything is being done perfectly by the book ? :rolleyes:

Not quite accurate.
The nationwide American Community Survey (ACS) is a critical element of the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. The more detailed socioeconomic information once collected via the long-form questionnaire is now collected by the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about all communities every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade.
This special part of the census contains dozens of questions including addresses, jobs, real estate and vehicle ownership, racial and language demographics etc, going back 20 years.

Subject Tables | American Community Survey | U.S. Census Bureau

In the Narrative Profiles section, respondents are profiled according to "Race and Hispanic origin", "Nativity and Foreign Born", "Speak a Language other than English", and other questions illegal aliens would not want to even approach.

Lastly, this data is freely available to the public, in contrast to the poppycock some posters have posted here falsely claiming it to be unavailable. >>>

Narrative Profiles

And the American Community Survey (ACS) in 2020 will have the more detailed questions...just like before.

The data is freely available to the public in aggregate form. You cannot get data on any individual response.

Perhaps the word aggregate is a bit over your reading level.

The census is a voluntary activity. If some one does not want to answer part, or all, of it, they do not have to.

The census is a voluntary activity. If some one does not want to answer part, or all, of it, they do not have to.

Legally it is mandatory, but we as a country refuse to enforce that law, so I guess the end result is that it is voluntary

Legally it is mandatory, but we as a country refuse to enforce that law, so I guess the end result is that it is voluntary

Show me the link for that. It was not when I was a census taker. Give the specific law reference.

13 U.S. Code § 221 - Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a)
Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.
(b)
Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c)
Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Show me the link for that. It was not when I was a census taker. Give the specific law reference.

13 U.S. Code § 221 - Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a)
Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.
(b)
Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c)
Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Ok, like a parking ticket. That was not there when I was doing it. From a practical point, it would not matter. If no one answers the door when I go to get the information, nothing happens after that.

And the American Community Survey (ACS) in 2020 will have the more detailed questions...just like before.

The data is freely available to the public in aggregate form. You cannot get data on any individual response.

Perhaps the word aggregate is a bit over your reading level.
Posts # 289, 292, 293 are over your reading level. Not perhaps.

Forum List

Back