Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

Trump Administration Moves to End Food Stamps for 3 Million

8 out of 10 states with the highest percentage of folks on food stamps voted for Trump

Once again, Trump and his enablers have shafted their own supporters.

Unfortunately they will blame Dems for it and still vote for trump
If you are able to work you should work. I don't give a fuck what party you are in you should not be getting welfare.

40% of all food stamp receipients, are adults with full time jobs. The jobs don't pay enough for them to buy food. You call this "welfare". I call it a "wage subsidy".

The people who aren't working, who are sitting home living off the work of others, and are taking money taken out of the hands of the men and women who rightfully earned it, are the stockholders of corporations which rely on minimum wage workers who are receiving food stamps, Section 8 Housing Vouchers, and assorted income support programs, while the stockholders are enjoying record earnings.
You're right, and the people being kicked off are the ones working for less than $35K for a family of four. But the OP is off track because this isn't Trump. Trump has not offered a health plan or helped the working poor as he promised, and no the maftring jobs are not coming back, but all that is not pertinent to the issue.

Rather it's just more of the gop's assault on federalism, as they pretend they are federalists. We all agree that $35K goes a lot farther in Ala than in NY or NJ, but we cut the SALT taxes that go to providing more services to the working poor in higher earning blue states, and those blue states federal tax dollars go disproportionately to those red states with low state taxes, and now we cut basic subsistance in those states too ……. all to fund a tax cut and defense spending.

If you like that, it's your right. But at least they should address what's going on.

I guess you didnt know thats not the job of POTUS or the fed government

Republicans always want to balance the budget on the backs of the elderly. so Trump had an idea: "every sunday, we put an elderly person in a rocket, fire it over Snake River, and put in on pay per view.

the revenues go straight into reducing the debt

Republicans always want to balance the budget on the backs of the elderly. so Trump had an idea: "every sunday, we put an elderly person in a rocket, fire it over Snake River, and put in on pay per view.

if that were true he would be the first in many decades to try and reduce the debt

The "Church"

8 out of 10 states with the highest percentage of folks on food stamps voted for Trump

If you are able to work you should work. I don't give a fuck what party you are in you should not be getting welfare.

40% of all food stamp receipients, are adults with full time jobs. The jobs don't pay enough for them to buy food. You call this "welfare". I call it a "wage subsidy".

The people who aren't working, who are sitting home living off the work of others, and are taking money taken out of the hands of the men and women who rightfully earned it, are the stockholders of corporations which rely on minimum wage workers who are receiving food stamps, Section 8 Housing Vouchers, and assorted income support programs, while the stockholders are enjoying record earnings.
So you support government subsidies. Cool.

It was Democrats that stole money from Medicare to help fund Obamacare.

there's a Minnesotan named Casey Carmody, who told Trump that despite working 40 hours a week, he still couldn't afford his tuition, so he'd resorted to selling his blood plasma

what will Trump do for Casey Carmody?

You're right, and the people being kicked off are the ones working for less than $35K for a family of four. But the OP is off track because this isn't Trump. Trump has not offered a health plan or helped the working poor as he promised, and no the maftring jobs are not coming back, but all that is not pertinent to the issue.

Rather it's just more of the gop's assault on federalism, as they pretend they are federalists. We all agree that $35K goes a lot farther in Ala than in NY or NJ, but we cut the SALT taxes that go to providing more services to the working poor in higher earning blue states, and those blue states federal tax dollars go disproportionately to those red states with low state taxes, and now we cut basic subsistance in those states too ……. all to fund a tax cut and defense spending.

If you like that, it's your right. But at least they should address what's going on.

I guess you didnt know thats not the job of POTUS or the fed government
Take it up with the scotus.

Technically I am a catholic who hasn't been to church in decades because I do not donate to pedophiles and because the thousand retards in the room would likely kick my ass when I told them what the priest does 4 fun

You don't donate to Catholics because you feel they're all pedophiles, yet you claim to be a Catholic...go figure.
I am a Christian who does not donate to rapist.

Jesus was not a catholic, his words matter not the label

So now you're a Christian?

She's always been a Christian. 70% of all liberals are Christians. Despite conservative lies to the contrary. Liberal Democrats believe in all that "freedom of religion" stuff in the Constitution, that conservatives don't like.

Like abortion being between a woman and her doctor, stuff. Conservatives oppose equal rights for women, on religious grounds. Liberal reminders about religious tests and all are ignored, in favour of forcing women to have have babies should they become pregnant, refusing to provide any health or safety protections, jobs protections and maternity leave for pregnant women, or allowing employers to exclude contraception and reproductive health in employer health insurance packages, based on the employers' religious beliefs, not the requirements of the employees. The employers' beliefs should have no factor whatsoever on their employees' compensation packages.

there's a Minnesotan named Casey Carmody, who told Trump that despite working 40 hours a week, he still couldn't afford his tuition, so he'd resorted to selling his blood plasma

what will Trump do for Casey Carmody?
Nothing. Trump isn't his daddy. I've sold plasma. I've worked two jobs. I'm 70 and work part time. I support myself without any government handouts. My Social Security and Medicare insurance is MY money that I earned beginning in 1965.

That is a libelous lie. Be careful.

so youre the anti christian lunatic,,,

go figure,,,,
Technically I am a catholic who hasn't been to church in decades because I do not donate to pedophiles and because the thousand retards in the room would likely kick my ass when I told them what the priest does 4 fun

You don't donate to Catholics because you feel they're all pedophiles, yet you claim to be a Catholic...go figure.
I am a Christian who does not donate to rapist.

Jesus was not a catholic, his words matter not the label

So now you're a Christian?

She's always been a Christian. 70% of all liberals are Christians. Despite conservative lies to the contrary. Liberal Democrats believe in all that "freedom of religion" stuff in the Constitution, that conservatives don't like.

Like abortion being between a woman and her doctor, stuff. Conservatives oppose equal rights for women, on religious grounds. Liberal reminders about religious tests and all are ignored, in favour of forcing women to have have babies should they become pregnant, refusing to provide any health or safety protections, jobs protections and maternity leave for pregnant women, or allowing employers to exclude contraception and reproductive health in employer health insurance packages, based on the employers' religious beliefs, not the requirements of the employees. The employers' beliefs should have no factor whatsoever on their employees' compensation packages.
Nothing wrong with abortion as Hillary aborted all of Bill's kids

The "Church"

No, I don't. I support a higher minimum wage, and forcing employers to pay their own damn workers. But since McConnell refuses to bring that bill to the floor, Trump is unlikely to sign it if the Senate were to pass it, I oppose cutting off the poorest and most vulnerable until MM is raised to at least $15 per hour.

Once McDonald's, Walmart, and other low wage corporations start paying living wages to all employees, I support the elimination of earned income credits, Section 8 Housing, and food stamps for all working employees. That will truly provide tax relief for the working and middle class, and reduce the transfer of wealth from working and middle class Americans to the wealthiest 10% that has been going on since Reagan changed the tax code and Republicans started using earned income credits and food stamps to subsidize low wages to mega corporations' employees, while shareholder's reaped the benefits.

Those shareholder benefits are the real reason why Republicans oppose raising the minimum wage.

Get a better your food stamps are gone

The "Church"

No, I don't. I support a higher minimum wage, and forcing employers to pay their own damn workers. But since McConnell refuses to bring that bill to the floor, Trump is unlikely to sign it if the Senate were to pass it, I oppose cutting off the poorest and most vulnerable until MM is raised to at least $15 per hour.

Once McDonald's, Walmart, and other low wage corporations start paying living wages to all employees, I support the elimination of earned income credits, Section 8 Housing, and food stamps for all working employees. That will truly provide tax relief for the working and middle class, and reduce the transfer of wealth from working and middle class Americans to the wealthiest 10% that has been going on since Reagan changed the tax code and Republicans started using earned income credits and food stamps to subsidize low wages to mega corporations' employees, while shareholder's reaped the benefits.

Those shareholder benefits are the real reason why Republicans oppose raising the minimum wage.
Raise the min wage raise unemployment at the same time. Sad but true

The "Church"

What do you pay the workers at the company you own?

The "Church"

More than you make picking beans

The "Church"

More than you make picking beans

I don't pick beans. That was a pretty stupid thing to say.

Forum List

Back