Trump announces travel bans (too much or too little?) Dems need to decide and get on same page

So he isn’t doing enough.

Occupied, what do you want him to do, specifically? Lay out your plan.
At this point it is too late to stop it getting to the US. A travel ban might play well to some jittery people but even had it been imposed in time it would not be ultimately effective. What he needs to do now is quit talking about it because he is saying stupid shit that is alarming rather than reassuring. He is not doing America any good looking like he is clueless. He needs to walk out and say: Here is Dr. so-and-so, the most knowledgeable expert we could find. He/she is going to coordinate our response. I'm giving them as much support as they need and no interference. Then he needs to shut up and listen to the experts and do what they say. That's what a real president would do.
That's what he's doing....DICKHEAD!!!
You are the DICKHEAD. Trump has spent the past 2 weeks trying to tell the experts. He may be finally listening because he realizes he cannot bully the corona virus like he does everyone and everything that does not agree with his thoughts on the world.
DICKHEADS like you empower him with your blind support. You are a minion and a pathetic example of a human.

What day should be have shut down the borders?

All flights from which specific nations?

I see that you also disagree with the NYT from Feb 10th.

Some Experts Worry as a Germ-Phobic Trump Confronts a Growing Epidemic

“When President Barack Obama contended with an Ebola outbreak, Mr. Trump demanded measures like canceling flights, forcing quarantines and even denying the return of American medical workers.”

So you guys agree with Trump when he was critical of Obama?

At this point it is too late to stop it getting to the US. A travel ban might play well to some jittery people but even had it been imposed in time it would not be ultimately effective. What he needs to do now is quit talking about it because he is saying stupid shit that is alarming rather than reassuring. He is not doing America any good looking like he is clueless. He needs to walk out and say: Here is Dr. so-and-so, the most knowledgeable expert we could find. He/she is going to coordinate our response. I'm giving them as much support as they need and no interference. Then he needs to shut up and listen to the experts and do what they say. That's what a real president would do.

I do appreciate at least a response, no sarcasm.

It’s pretty much what he is doing.

They have been working on this for nearly 2 months. Here is the CDC website for more information.

Coronavirus | Home | CDC
My area took a direct hit from hurricane Michael. If that is any indication then every step of our response will be hamstrung by the hyper partisan way this administration does things. He is not going to get serious until this thing gets to a state that voted for him.

Real president? Like Obama?
President Obama’s Ebola problem
In the next month or two, let's compare the Ebola affect on US and citizen to the corona virus.
I pray Trump is as good or better. But Trump needs to up his game quickly.

Hopefully he doesn't appoint a Coronavirus czar.

That's what he's doing....DICKHEAD!!!
You are the DICKHEAD. Trump has spent the past 2 weeks trying to tell the experts. He may be finally listening because he realizes he cannot bully the corona virus like he does everyone and everything that does not agree with his thoughts on the world.
DICKHEADS like you empower him with your blind support. You are a minion and a pathetic example of a human.

What day should be have shut down the borders?

All flights from which specific nations?

I see that you also disagree with the NYT from Feb 10th.

Some Experts Worry as a Germ-Phobic Trump Confronts a Growing Epidemic

“When President Barack Obama contended with an Ebola outbreak, Mr. Trump demanded measures like canceling flights, forcing quarantines and even denying the return of American medical workers.”

So you guys agree with Trump when he was critical of Obama?
The questions you ask should have been laid out in a plan prior to the corona virus hitting the world. They would have used what went right and wrong in previous pandemics and epidemics, including Ebola.
Trump said he did not need a plan by firing the CDC team who was working on a plan and surveying the world.
As a result we had no plan. Trump made the correct choice in closing China, but there was much he did incorrectly because there was no plan in place. Even the medical experts were making decisions by the seat of their pants. Just like everything Trump does. If it is a personnel problem or an economic problem, a bad decision has minimal affect as compared to a world wide pandemic.
Donald Trump’s Anti-Globalist Response to a Global Coronavirus

You want to truly crash the economy and throw the World into a great depression, then shut that border down...

Coronavirus has killed less than our own Influenza and is just another scare tactic!

In the next month or two, let's compare the Ebola affect on US and citizen to the corona virus.

I do not think you know or I know what should be done. Trump better turn the decisions over to a team of medical experts. A medical expert should make the final decision, not Trump or Pence.

How many candidates have gotten destroyed in the past for being not being backed by the establishment would have been "real presidents"? You really do not think Clinton and Obama were "real presidents" do you? They were maybe better orators. And even that is debatable.

You want to truly crash the economy and throw the World into a great depression, then shut that border down...

Coronavirus has killed less than our own Influenza and is just another scare tactic!
YOU ARE A FRICKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the unfortunate result of a Trump news conference.
This virus, unlike the flu, has never been found in any population before this year, as a result:
There is no built in immune with individuals in any population
There is no established vaccine
There is no established analytics to better understand the virus and establish a strategy
The R factor (spread ability of the virus) is double the flu

Our medical community will develop all and get this virus under control but it will take everyone taking it serious and doing their part.

Idiot like you are DANGEROUS. Your attitude will result in the virus having a more disastorous affect on our country.
Stupidity is more dangerous than any virus. YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think you know or I know what should be done. Trump better turn the decisions over to a team of medical experts. A medical expert should make the final decision, not Trump or Pence.

For medical reasons yes, nevertheless whatever decision is made Dems will say it's the wrong decision.

It's already here. Might buy a little time for the east coast but in the end it's shutting the barn door after the horses got out.

I kind of agree with that, but in the same respect, it makes little sense to allow people from countries with wide infections to keep entering the country. It will just make the spreading of it even worse.

Democrats and many others were correct is saying that TRUMP IS NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUS ENOUGH.
Everyone needs to come together. We do not want to panic. We do need to take this serious. We need to do what we can to do to stop the spread.

And that entails what, exactly?

Trump sets new travel restrictions over coronavirus, considering southern border shutdown

Which way will Dimms go with this one?

Is Trump racist for travel band or is he stupid and reckless for not doing more.

You TDS left wing lunatics who post on the board will need your overlords to tell you what to think.
Democrats and many others were correct is saying that TRUMP IS NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUS ENOUGH.
Everyone needs to come together. We do not want to panic. We do need to take this serious. We need to do what we can to do to stop the spread.

If anyone is not taking this serious enough or spreading undo panic, they should be called out; if they are POTUS or Joe Smoe. The political leanings of an individual should not make a difference.

This idiot poster is doing the same thing he was accusing Democrats of doing; making this a political issue. Characterizing people by the party they belong, not by what their actions are. IDIOT, IDIOT, IDIOT.
Nobody gives a damn about all the people who will be murdered in Chicago this year, or even this weekend. But let one American die from a virus and they lose their minds spewing lies and hatred.

I am not buying that Dimms would have supported completely closing US borders back 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Do they support closing the southern border now? Stopping all flights from Asia?

Trump sets new travel restrictions over coronavirus, considering southern border shutdown

Which way will Dimms go with this one?

Is Trump racist for travel band or is he stupid and reckless for not doing more.

You TDS left wing lunatics who post on the board will need your overlords to tell you what to think.

If anyone is not taking this serious enough or spreading undo panic, they should be called out; if they are POTUS or Joe Smoe. The political leanings of an individual should not make a difference.

This idiot poster is doing the same thing he was accusing Democrats of doing; making this a political issue. Characterizing people by the party they belong, not by what their actions are. IDIOT, IDIOT, IDIOT.
Nobody gives a damn about all the people who will be murdered in Chicago this year, or even this weekend. But let one American die from a virus and they lose their minds spewing lies and hatred.

Yes, but those are blacks. Racist Dimms can’t score political hay that way.

YOU ARE A FRICKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the unfortunate result of a Trump news conference.
This virus, unlike the flu, has never been found in any population before this year, as a result:
There is no built in immune with individuals in any population
There is no established vaccine
There is no established analytics to better understand the virus and establish a strategy
The R factor (spread ability of the virus) is double the flu

Our medical community will develop all and get this virus under control but it will take everyone taking it serious and doing their part.

Idiot like you are DANGEROUS. Your attitude will result in the virus having a more disastorous affect on our country.
Stupidity is more dangerous than any virus. YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for showing how stupid you are and buying the media hype on this as usual.

Over ten thousand people die yearly from influenza in this country and Coronavirus has not even came near to that amount yet.

Millions are infected yearly by influenza and only under a hundred cases have been reported in the U.S. so far.

So as you write hysterically I will visit this thread a month from now when the Coronavirus goes the same path as SARS and Swine Flu and then have you explain to me how I should be screaming the world is ending!

It is people like you that believe that less than three thousand people dying is the end of the world and less than one hundred thousand have been infected.

So please keep the hysteria up and remember vote Bernie Sanders this November because we both know that will calm your fears...

It's already here. Might buy a little time for the east coast but in the end it's shutting the barn door after the horses got out.

I kind of agree with that, but in the same respect, it makes little sense to allow people from countries with wide infections to keep entering the country. It will just make the spreading of it even worse.
As I said it may buy some time. Meanwhile they had better get their shit together. If they are not prepared to throw 100% of our public health resources at this in a very non-partisan way within the next couple of weeks they are fucking up.

As I said it may buy some time. Meanwhile they had better get their shit together. If they are not prepared to throw 100% of our public health resources at this in a very non-partisan way within the next couple of weeks they are fucking up.
All the democrats care about if harassing Trump. Nothing else matters. If half the country dies from the crap it would be ok if they got rid of Trump. I'd bet they would sacrifice their own children if it got rid on Trump.

All the democrats care about if harassing Trump. Nothing else matters. If half the country dies from the crap it would be ok if they got rid of Trump. I'd bet they would sacrifice their own children if it got rid on Trump.
Stupid. What are democrats main complaint? Trump does not seem to be taking this seriously enough. He seems to think it's all about him. He seems to think it's a plot. His self-centered attitude will cost lives. A qualified president would know that now is the time to put the country first and be the public servant he's supposed to be.

Stupid. What are democrats main complaint? Trump does not seem to be taking this seriously enough. He seems to think it's all about him. He seems to think it's a plot. His self-centered attitude will cost lives. A qualified president would know that now is the time to put the country first and be the public servant he's supposed to be.
Fake news.

It's the Democrats that made this politics--not Trump. Of course they have to credit the MSM for all their help.

Forum List

Back