Trump cannot be Guilty of Obstruction concerning Comey

In this 4 minute video.

Constitution professor Alan Dershowitz explains how Trump is within his presidential rights, and not obstruction of justice, when it comes to Comey.
...... :cool:

A president can not tell the FBI who to prosecute or not to prosecute that is just crazy..

QUESTION OF INTENT
Yes, we know how good Comey is with intent. But Trump didn't tell him to not prosecute, nor does the FBI prosecute anybody. Like all lefties you know nothing that hasn't been spoon fed to you by your mind masters.

Trump did exactly what Nixon did and tried to interfere or influence the FBI investigation ... Maybe what the lefties have been saying all along about Trump and the Russian's connections have truth to it as well..

We are just beginning to see the heads roll...
You keep regurgitating the same garbage hoping to make this Watergate. Nixon broke laws and tried to cover them up. It isn't remotely the same. You are lying.

The answer to the first question is: Criminal obstruction of justice is broadly defined, and according to 18 U.S. Code § 1503, includes “any threatening letter or communication [which] influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice.”

The Criminal Resource Manual for U.S. attorneys points out that “the Supreme Court has concluded that ‘endeavor’ is broader than ‘attempt’” — and quotes the court stating that in the statute it means “any effort or essay to accomplish the evil purpose that the section was enacted to prevent.” Therefore, says the Justice Department, “it follows that an endeavor to obstruct justice need not be successful to be criminal.”

A Short History of Presidential Obstruction of Justice
You might attempt to watch the OP's video again.

Alan Dershowits explains in detail why Pres. Trump is within his Constitutional rights as president concerning Comey. .... :cool:

One attorney's opinion, this is why we have millions of lawyers in the country..

In this 4 minute video.

Constitution professor Alan Dershowitz explains how Trump is within his presidential rights, and not obstruction of justice, when it comes to Comey.
...... :cool:

A president can not tell the FBI who to prosecute or not to prosecute that is just crazy..

QUESTION OF INTENT
Yes, we know how good Comey is with intent. But Trump didn't tell him to not prosecute, nor does the FBI prosecute anybody. Like all lefties you know nothing that hasn't been spoon fed to you by your mind masters.

Trump did exactly what Nixon did and tried to interfere or influence the FBI investigation ... Maybe what the lefties have been saying all along about Trump and the Russian's connections have truth to it as well..

We are just beginning to see the heads roll...
You keep regurgitating the same garbage hoping to make this Watergate. Nixon broke laws and tried to cover them up. It isn't remotely the same. You are lying.

We will see... Cover -ups may have happened with the Russian connections in his cabinet and campaign.

The only thing the anti Trump crowd will accept is Trump is guilty and must be impeached anything else they don't want to hear.

One attorney's opinion, this is why we have millions of lawyers in the country..
Alan Dershowitz isn't your average run of the mill lawyer looking to defend Trump..

He is a legal scholar who taught Constitutional Law at Harvard law school for several years.

Plus, he is an avowed long time supporter of the Democrat Party. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
FBI prosecutes no one, dufus.

Dufus... I am repeating what the professor at Harvard said about prosecution ..
Yeah, blame somebody else.

Where else would I have gotten it..
Alan Dershowitz isn't your average run of the mill lawyer looking to defend Trump..

He is a legal scholar who taught Constitutional Law at Harvard law school of several years.

I agree, yet.... it is one attorneys opinion, which we see in your video that people disagree with.

Now, since the beginning of this investigation I have read that the president and the FBI are to separate entities to uphold the constitution..
Letting a president get involved with that process could become a major problem, so I can not believe that it is ok for the president to do what ever he want to with the FBI.

Nixon fired the FBI director and tried to intervene and he couldn't do it..

FBI prosecutes no one, dufus.

Dufus... I am repeating what the professor at Harvard said about prosecution ..
Yeah, blame somebody else.

Where else would I have gotten it..

He is a legal scholar who taught Constitutional Law at Harvard law school of several years.

I agree, yet.... it is one attorneys opinion, which we see in your video that people disagree with.

Now, since the beginning of this investigation I have read that the president and the FBI are to separate entities to uphold the constitution..
Letting a president get involved with that process could become a major problem, so I can not believe that it is ok for the president to do what ever he want to with the FBI.

Nixon fired the FBI director and tried to intervene and he couldn't do it..
You lefties created a huge butt hurt for yourselves, you will be mocked for years over this.

Comey testimony: Trump has constitutional authority to stop investigation of any person, Dershowitz says

Alan M. Dershowitz, a law professor at Harvard, wrote on FoxNews.com Wednesday that President Trump has the constitutional right to direct his FBI director to stop an investigation of anyone “by simply pardoning that person.”

Throughout American history-- from Adams to Jefferson to Lincoln to Roosevelt to Kennedy to Obama-- presidents have directed (not merely requested) the Justice Department to investigate, prosecute (or not prosecute) specific individuals or categories of individuals,” Dershowitz wrote. “It is only recently that the tradition of an independent Justice Department and FBI has emerged. But traditions, even salutary ones, cannot form the basis of a criminal charge.”
Comey testimony: Trump has constitutional authority to stop investigation of any person, Dershowitz says

I've been asking all along... If the investigations continue, how were they obstructed? Nothing Trump has done had any effect on the investigations. He may have asked Comey to ease off Flynn or make it clear he wasn't personally under investigation, but that's not obstruction. Asking for Comey's loyalty is also, prima facie, not obstruction!

Lorreta Lynch obstructed the hitlery investigation and obummer obstructed that one and the IRS investigation.

Let's call a spade a spade. And Comey was in on both.

Alan M. Dershowitz, a law professor at Harvard, wrote on FoxNews.com Wednesday that President Trump has the constitutional right to direct his FBI director to stop an investigation of anyone “by simply pardoning that person.”

Throughout American history-- from Adams to Jefferson to Lincoln to Roosevelt to Kennedy to Obama-- presidents have directed (not merely requested) the Justice Department to investigate, prosecute (or not prosecute) specific individuals or categories of individuals,” Dershowitz wrote. “It is only recently that the tradition of an independent Justice Department and FBI has emerged. But traditions, even salutary ones, cannot form the basis of a criminal charge.”

Then why was Nixon impeached?

Forum List

Back