Trump Could Pardon Himself if Elected POTUS

Oh, let's get real. Biden will easily beat Trump for a second term. The only reason why he won in 2016 was because there was so much voter suppression going on in the key swing states, and that won't be a factor this time.

And Trump is going to get convicted in at least one of the court cases he is facing. Maybe all of them.
So far, Trump is 0-3 in his legal cases with more to come.

His campaign will be scheduled around his court appearances

Highly respected law professor Jonathan Turley talks with Jesse Waters about the indictments and opines that Donald Trump could campaign on pardoning himself if elected President of the United States.

It could be part of his campaign in 2023-24.

Professor Turley starts talking about Trump pardoning himself at 01:50.

MAGA
another interesting look. Seems like he has many options. That would be amazing, or maybe not.

Oh, let's get real. Biden will easily beat Trump for a second term. The only reason why he won in 2016 was because there was so much voter suppression going on in the key swing states, and that won't be a factor this time.

And Trump is going to get convicted in at least one of the court cases he is facing. Maybe all of them.
I say, Republicans, are you listening, can you hear me? Concentrate on November 7, 2028.
But then again, I could be wrong?

Actually though, I'm beginning to wonder if President Biden should pardon the ex-President for the good of the country.
Such a request has to be made (a) in writing, (b) acknowledge guilt of the crimes, (c) be signed personally by the ex-President, (d) delivered in person by the next President, and (e) video taped for prosperity.

WW

Nope, I entirely disagree.

The worst moment in American history was when Jerry Ford (an otherwise decent guy) pardoned Richard Nixon.

Our system had to show it COULD hold a lawbreaking president to account. Ford subverted that ability.

If Trump has a legal defense, let him make it in court with his own lawyers.

How could he pardon himself for a crime he hadn't been convicted of?

Actually, the same way Ford Pardoned Nixon. Nixon hadn't been convicted of anything yet, but Ford's pardon upended any possible criminal prosecution.

Of course, Trump would have to admit guilt to have given himself a pardon.

All of which is moot, because what he stands accused of happened AFTER he left office.

WHAT is to pardon?
Nothing.

Trump - not after me.jpg

Highly respected law professor Jonathan Turley talks with Jesse Waters about the indictments and opines that Donald Trump could campaign on pardoning himself if elected President of the United States.

It could be part of his campaign in 2023-24.

Professor Turley starts talking about Trump pardoning himself at 01:50.

MAGA
If he is indicted in the Georgia case, he cannot pardon himself because presidents can only pardon federal cases .
same Thing with the stormy Daniel's case, which is a state case, not federal.

Actually though, I'm beginning to wonder if President Biden should pardon the ex-President for the good of the country.
Such a request has to be made (a) in writing, (b) acknowledge guilt of the crimes,(c) be signed personally by the ex-President,
(d) delivered in person by the next President, and (e) video taped for prosperity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be persuaded on all of the above ...with one proviso, i.e., there is a trial and a conviction.
Then and only then would I warm up to a pardon of the DXP (disgraced ex-president).

If he's elected again, it'll be hilarious to watch him pardon himself while excoriating smith. Doubtful the R congress will have the nads to impeach the current buffoon.
Thas dumb bitch did.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is introducing articles of ...​

1686312618917.png
Politico
https://www.politico.com › minutes › congress › gops-...

May 18, 2023 — What's happening: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said Thursday that she will introduce articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden.

Trump should have pardoned himself before he left the White House.
You know you can't pardon yourself for future crimes...

Also there is far more people that state a Presidental Pardon is not some blank cheque, pull it on every occasion...

If the President pardons someone in a case he is connected too, he could be found guilty later of obstruction of justice.
Presidents can't pardon themselves as it could be considered Obstruction of Justice and if the pardon themselves of Obstruction of Justice, that would be another Obstruction of Justice...

"Vote for me so I can pardon myself" will really seal the deal with the american electorate :fingerscrossed:

Forum List

Back