Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem
If anybody should know it would be Trump, after all he's an expert on mental health problems.

I read the full statememt and believe President Trump is correct. Mental Health is the issue and let us encourage Trump to woork with LEGISLATIVE bodies on the issue. Someone on a "social media" page wrote something I know to be correct:
DV convictions/findings remove firearm riights.

Yes you far left drones do not want such things as you are the party of NO!

Now can any far left drone point to any law that would have stopped this?
Yes. Semiautomatic rifles are outlawed.

I read the full statememt and believe President Trump is correct. Mental Health is the issue and let us encourage Trump to woork with LEGISLATIVE bodies on the issue. Someone on a "social media" page wrote something I know to be correct:

Hmmm.... I was under the impression that murder was outlawed, how come that didn't stop this?

If one didn't know any better one might conclude that criminals don't give a fig about laws.

Mr. President, y'know, it really is possible that something this horrific can be a multi-faceted issue.

It may be a mental health problem, a cultural problem, and a legislative problem, for example.

For fuck's sake, are we never going to break free from shallow, binary thinking like this?

Give him a few days, we see what knee jerk reactionS lead.

Last edited:
For fuck's sake, are we never going to break free from shallow, binary thinking like this?
LOL, what country are you living in? Shallow, binary thinking is the only thing we're good at anymore and we take great pride in our ability to avoid looking below the surface on anything..

LOL, what country are you living in? Shallow, binary thinking is the only thing we're good at anymore and we take great pride in our ability to avoid looking below the surface on anything..
If I were a conspiracy theorist, mine would be that there is some group somewhere that is promoting child-like thinking amongst our populace. Any hint of nuance now is immediately and summarily dismissed and attacked.

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level.”

President Donald Trump responded to the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history by saying the attack was a result of “a mental health problem” and not due to lax gun control laws.

“This isn’t a guns situation,” Trump said, noting that a person in the crowd with a gun shot at the attacker and caused him to flee. “This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.”

More: Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

Actually, it's both a guns issue and a mental health problem - and the NRA is protecting both.

NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

Hmmm.... I was under the impression that murder was outlawed, how come that didn't stop this?

If one didn't know any better one might conclude that criminals don't give a fig about laws.
I've heard every single one of the gun rights arguments and I understand your objections but I don't have a single solitary drop of agreement with the mass selling and ownership of AR's and whatever elses. Bad guy yesterday could have killed some people with a deer rifle, but not near as many. The neighbor who disarmed the bad guy as he was leaving the church was heroic, but he was a dollar short and a day late. Two dozen souls taken by that asshole with an AR.

And while we're waiting for you folks to come to your senses, explain how this happened: He had spent a year in jail for DV against his wife and 11 month old child and they let him buy the AR!
Explain that to me, please. Can you at least patch that one up while we're waiting?

Explain that to me, please. Can you at least patch that one up while we're waiting?

First you explain why the fact that murder is illegal doesn't stop murderers, or take a stab at explaining why the fact heroine is illegal doesn't stop people from selling it and buying it.

All you want to do is take law abiding gun owners and turn them into criminals, while at the same time infringing on their right to self defense.

"Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem"

Finally, a leader who sees a problem for exactly what it is. I feel better about voting for him every day.

All you want to do is take law abiding gun owners and turn them into criminals, while at the same time infringing on their right to self defense.
That's right. The greatest country in the world is helpless. Helpless.

That other countries manage to vastly reduce their rate of mass killings is meaningless in the face of the helplessness of the US.

"Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem"

Finally, a leader who sees a problem for exactly what it is. I feel better about voting for him every day.
I take it then other developed countries with fewer firearm homicides have much better mental health programmes. How come the greatest country in the world cannot match them?

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level.”

President Donald Trump responded to the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history by saying the attack was a result of “a mental health problem” and not due to lax gun control laws.

“This isn’t a guns situation,” Trump said, noting that a person in the crowd with a gun shot at the attacker and caused him to flee. “This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.”

More: Trump: Deadly Texas Shooting Isn’t A Guns Issue, It’s A Mental Health Problem

Actually, it's both a guns issue and a mental health problem - and the NRA is protecting both.

NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights
Not a gun problem at all.
11954632_816839135080966_1851982098925744243_n.jpg

Trump is correct. I never heard or read a thing about any guns driving to the Church, getting out and shooting anyone. When you can prove that is how it happened, I will be with you all the way.

That is just too bizarre and twisted to respond to - so I won't even try.

What’s bazar and twisted is how fast you libs use dead bodies for your political popularity contests. Say, you hear that it may have been an armed citizen who first inguaved this shooter? Na. A blurb on the news, but your type just sit around touching your self until the next mass murder. Truly a character fault on your part.

Forum List

Back