Trump defends "The late great Abraham Lincoln"

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Quote

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

by:

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President

Racist Quote by Abe Lincoln (Happy Black History Month!)

Abraham Lincoln repeatedly stated his war was caused by taxes only, and not by slavery, at all.

"My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40 percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

Abraham Lincoln said war was over taxes, not slavery

The more things change, the more they stay the same in the republican party.

Cankles invoked Lincoln to avoid answering the question and looked foolish doing it

I'll agree there. She scurried like a cockroach from a flashlight on that one and it was a good opportunity for the mods to press for an actual answer as to whether or not this outright two-faced approach was her actual belief on this. They opted not to, of course.

It reminded me of Kaine's answer in the VP debate when he was asked about people's problems with her credibility and he went on some ramble about why he personally had belief in her or some such nonsense and never actually answered anything remotely resembling the question. I only mention that as both pertain directly to her credibility and fairly common belief, if those polls on her perceived honesty are to be believed, that she lies through her teeth. Both of them ran like hell from the issue of her credibility.

She bungled the answer. Lincoln was the greatest president, but time and time again he threw his ideals under the bus for a compromise to move his central agenda of preserving the union.

Her handlers really failed her there. It was a canned answer. But she should not have invoked Lincoln. All adults know that we have to do stuff in our work lives to achieve our main agenda, but we sacrifice our ideals in the process.

The teaparty and Trumpestas don't get that.

Cankles invoked Lincoln to avoid answering the question and looked foolish doing it

They're both fools, like you for example.

The biggest fool here calling someone else a fool??

Hey Jack ass do you have something to say about the O.P.?

Fenton is an annoyance and a lousy troll. Clinton failed in epic fashion when she knew she was trapped on her dual stances

You're always annoyed at anyone who disagrees with your 1-2 sentence asstoot "analyses".

They're both fools, like you for example.

The biggest fool here calling someone else a fool??

Hey Jack ass do you have something to say about the O.P.?

Fenton is an annoyance and a lousy troll. Clinton failed in epic fashion when she knew she was trapped on her dual stances

You're always annoyed at anyone who disagrees with your 1-2 sentence asstoot "analyses".

Annoyed asshat? Again nothing to say about the topic mental midget?

Forum List

Back