🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump EO allows coal debris to be dumped in streams!

not
This is one of the regulations passed by obastard just before he left office. The entire purpose of this regulation was to impose costs on business.

Please . Why would he do that ?

The GOP constantly protects Big coal . That why it's hard trying to control their pollution.

The Law makes it clear that everything still must comply with the Clean Water Act. Your article was simply histrionics trying to whip up Trump hate.

well thank god for that ! Why have job killing regs when you can have fish and clean water killing regs .

Trump signs bill undoing Obama coal mining rule

d legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.
No problem with that...coal mining in red states....no problem at all.
Yep, the old blue wall....

This is one of the regulations passed by obastard just before he left office. The entire purpose of this regulation was to impose costs on business.

The question is not whether it imposes a cost on business. The question is whether it allows companies to pollute water with coal waste. All a company has to do is say it costs them money and you decide a regulation is not necessary. By that standard we would have no regulation and BIG BUSINESS can do whatever they want. It seems all they have to do is tell Republicans it costs money and thrush to get rid of it just because Obama did it.

The question is not whether it imposes a cost on business. The question is whether it allows companies to pollute water with coal waste. All a company has to do is say it costs them money and you decide a regulation is not necessary. By that standard we would have no regulation and BIG BUSINESS can do whatever they want. It seems all they have to do is tell Republicans it costs money and thrush to get rid of it just because Obama did it.

And as I have shown, it doesn't. The law is clear, it must comply with the Clean Water Act.

not

Please . Why would he do that ?

The GOP constantly protects Big coal . That why it's hard trying to control their pollution.

The Law makes it clear that everything still must comply with the Clean Water Act. Your article was simply histrionics trying to whip up Trump hate.
We gotta get rid of that one too. Two for one.

Mining debris = Rocks and earth.

Ever been around actual mines and seen how they operate? I have, and it ain't just "rocks and earth" that is the debris. Some mining operations use various chemicals in their operations. Remember the old mines that put all that toxic fluid in the CO river last year?

And, even if it is just "rocks and earth", it can have a serious impact on the surrounding area, because they pile up LOTS of rocks and nothing grows around the piles that they leave. Saw that in the abandoned gold mines in CO and MT, because my foster father was a geologist and dragged the family around to some of those sites to see if there was any gold left.

Oh, yeah. My Grandfather was a Pennsylvania coal miner...a true subterranean shaft miner. My cousin is a West Virginia coal mine engineer at a mostly surface strip-mining operation. THIS is the coal mining operation that the ascribed regulations was designed to shut down...because all that rock and earth that was moved ended up in the valleys, and invariably in those valleys there was some type of water flow that was buried. The streams were either subsumed, creating a spring, or redirected.

This is not about clean water...the water itself is just as clean as it was when it flowed over other dirt and rocks. It can disturb the flow, and even change the course of small seasonal stream beds...but a natural event like a rock slide caused by seismic tremors or erosion could do the same. And I agree that this should be discouraged as much as possible.

But an outright ban based on BS claim of clean water...it was nothing more than environmental overreach masquerading under the cover of a false emotional argument, IMO.

As to gold mines in Colorado, I've been into the working Gold Mine at Cripple Creek. The security is, as you'd imagine, pretty intense. The ore was outside in huge, shallow, plastic lined depressions, soaking in a water based cyanide solution. The cyanide solution leached the gold and other metals from low grade ore. Now there is some mine debris I wouldn't want in my water supply.

Google Maps

The black is the plastic liner, and you can see all the areas covered by ore. That little red dot is a Chevy 3500 or F-350 Super Duty...for comparison sake.

P.S. - If you get a chance to go to Cripple Creek, don't pass it up...it is truly a beautiful mining town.

Last edited:

And as I have shown, it doesn't. The law is clear, it must comply with the Clean Water Act.
Then why bother?

Then why bother?

LOL, a "journalist" with an axe to grind wrote a misleading piece whip people like you up. You are what we call an uninformed voter.

Stupid people caring about coal in the water. Use a coffee filter. Think about the money we saved. Go Trump!

Pay no attention to what the Law actually says ;)
Then why waste the time getting rid of a regulation that doesn't mean anything?

Instead, bring back those millions of jobs. I can't wait to see that happen.

I posted the passage from the Law kid, you? Nothing but your uniformed opinion. I win.

Then why bother?

LOL, a "journalist" with an axe to grind wrote a misleading piece whip people like you up. You are what we call an uninformed voter.

So you say. You are what we call a shill for big business. Worth noting that John Layfield who is on Fox's Bulls and Bears also spoke out against this.

Then why bother?

So you say. You are what we call a shill for big business. Worth noting that John Layfield who is on Fox's Bulls and Bears also spoke out against this.

Well sure.....except that I posted the relevant passage from the law and you well.....nothing but hot air.
I am not a coal miner, I have no coal connections. I'm simply a reasonable person who is NOT a blind partisan ideologue. Too bad you can't say that.

well thank god for that ! Why have job killing regs when you can have fish and clean water killing regs .

Trump signs bill undoing Obama coal mining rule

d legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.
You mean rainwater....

You stupid Fucktard liberal fascist....
So Trump now permitting dirtying our streams and rivers by the coal industry is fine with you?
Are you outta your mind?

I just read a few more of your comments. You definitely have more than a few screws loose.
" Liberals dirtying the Puget sound."
Ha ha ha ha
No conservatives living there or in your sick head are people wearing L's and R's on their shirts for you to monitor?

Wow....are you fucking clueless.....

Forum List

Back