Trump in Court today

Common knowledge boy.

Trump isn't happy with Jimmy Kimmel—and has demanded the late-night host apologize over a comment he made during an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!

"This morning I woke up to a letter from the Trump media and Technology Group demanding that I apologize for and retract a statement I made on the air about his struggling social media platform, Truth Social," Kimmel said Thursday night.

The letter demanded that ABC "completely retract all versions of the segment" and "publish a mutually agreeable apology… acknowledging that the segment was false and has been retracted… Unless these steps are taken immediately, TMTG will take swift legal action to uphold its rights and reputation."

The letter also claimed the show had "knowingly or recklessly" misrepresented information concerning Truth Social's financial situation.

While on air, the comedian said Truth Social had lost $73 million since its launch. However, once he and his team went back and checked TMTG's filing with the SEC, it turned out that the company had "only" lost $31.6 million.

"I have to say, demanding a retraction for reporting the value of his company incorrectly is pretty darn hilarious considering the fact he is on trial right now for reporting the value of his company incorrectly,"

Forum List

Back