Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years

In 1993 when Clinton was inaugurated the population in America was 259.2 million. Today it is 323.84 million. The TV audience today is 64.64 millions people larger than it was for the first Clinton inauguration. Could that have an impact on how many people watched the trump inauguration?

I think the last one I bothered watching was Ronald Reagan, glad I didn't miss one of our best presidents get sworn in. After seeing the protests and renting of clothing by the left I would say Trump has already done great things.

I am glad I watched but do wish they would not have chanted "lock her up." Nor do I think she should have been introducted as the "honorable," Nothing honorable about her.

Trump Inauguration Ratings Second Biggest in 36 Years

Wow....Entertainment Weekly....a not so reliable source.

Der GroppenFuhrer PUSSY GRABBER's turn was way low. Obama had over Million...Dumb Donny was good to 100K.

Assuming the ratings are accurate...
The reason why they are second highest can quite likely be explained by the following,
  • In spite of the size of the population having increased, not enough people cared about it to watch.
The reason why it was as high as it was is even simpler:
  • What do lots of people do when they see a calamity taking place? They stare at it.

I think the last one I bothered watching was Ronald Reagan, glad I didn't miss one of our best presidents get sworn in. After seeing the protests and renting of clothing by the left I would say Trump has already done great things.

I am glad I watched but do wish they would not have chanted "lock her up." Nor do I think she should have been introducted as the "honorable," Nothing honorable about her.

I would have watched but unfortunately I was at work.
Same reason his turn out was lower then Obama's.

I would have watched but unfortunately I was at work.
Same reason his turn out was lower then Obama's.
That and George Soros wasn't paying me to protest.

The world watched what we the people did...and was impressed....
What they should have learned is that the statu quo does not have to be. Nor is the establishment invulnerable.

CNN? Even the YMCA bans them from their workout rooms because they post fake news. You would do better looking for your news elsewhere. Or just sit back I'll telly you what is going on.

PBS:
Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama’s inauguration crowds.

Washington Post:
From Obama to Trump: How the inaugurations looked in 2009 and 2017.

Time:
President Trump's Inauguration Crowd Doesn't Look Like Barack Obama's Did in 2009.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/20/us/politics/trump-inauguration-crowd.html?_r=0.

Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/obamas-inauguration-crowd-larger-than-
trumps/.

BBC News:
Trump inauguration: Compare 2017 with 2009 - BBC News.

PUSSY GRABBER had a piss poor turn out. People were trying to give tickets away for free and no takers.

No spill over on side streets. No huge crowds. Just sorry ass bunch of wannbe fascists.

Don't blame the media for that Shit For Brains GroppenFuhrer's turn out. You will believe the lies, but you need to understand your being lied to by man who makes his living lying to people.

Seig Heil GroppenFuhrer.....Seig Heil GroppenFuhrere.....Seig Heil?

Second biggest because the US grows in population size every year?

The fact that he's tried to compare himself to Reagan, who got a lot more people watching, is just funny.
Regardless, not bad for someone you think everyone hates.

twice as many people (than the installation of trump) showed up to protest yesterday in DC...along with sister protests in 57 other countries.

ya, it's not just us.... the world can't stand him.

Last edited:
CNN? Even the YMCA bans them from their workout rooms because they post fake news. You would do better looking for your news elsewhere. Or just sit back I'll telly you what is going on.

kellyanne must be your hero.

screen_shot_2017_01_22_at_1_20_26_pm.jpg

Second biggest because the US grows in population size every year?

The fact that he's tried to compare himself to Reagan, who got a lot more people watching, is just funny.
Regardless, not bad for someone you think everyone hates.

Did I say everyone hates him? He wouldn't be president if EVERYONE hated him.

Big TV ratings = meaningless
Allegedly "Low" inaugural turnout = meaningful

Snowflake logic

Since when did snowflakes become so competitive? Doesn't everyone get a trophy?

Big TV ratings = meaningless
Allegedly "Low" inaugural turnout = meaningful

Snowflake logic

Since when did snowflakes become so competitive? Doesn't everyone get a trophy?

Actually it's probably only meaningful because they know they'll get a response from a president who seems to like to fight anyone and anything that comes anywhere near to criticizing him. They're just going to keep baiting him, and he's going to take the bait every damn time until everyone gets so fed up of it that they don't bother with his childish behavior any more.

On Friday, where I was working, we watched the Trump inauguration,not by any means associated with traditional television, but via Mr. Trump's own personal live feed. I have to think that any comparison of TV ratings of this inauguration to previous ones must be fairly meaningless, because like me and my colleagues, so many people now watch such events in ways that would not be counted in TV ratings.

My boss observe that of all the feeds he found looking for a good source to watch the inauguration, all the feeds associated with mainstream news sources were giving an awful lot of undue attention to Hillary Clinton, as if the event was about her rather than about Mr. Trump; and that it was Mr.Trump's own feed that seemed to be providing the best and most appropriate coverage of the event.

Spot On. You can avoid the Fake News MSM outlets if you choose to. They're only gonna rant & rave opinion propaganda the whole time. I watched it on YouTube. It was cool. No MSM assholes flucked it up for me. :)

And hey, how bout CNN and other Democrat Media immediately declaring it a 'ratings failure?' They just can't stop pushing that Fake News, huh? What a buncha assholes.

Forum List

Back