Trump is going to FORCE democrats to work! Or adjourn them!

Trump asked (Agriculture Secretary) Sonny Perdue how long he's been waiting for his distribution manager to get approved....2 1/2 years.
Distribution...in a time of pandemic. Kinda important.
Of the 749 open positions during Trump's administration- 510 have been confirmed by the Senate.
150 positions Trump has never nominated anyone.
15 positions Trump has announced but not formally nominated.
Leaving 82 positions that have not been confirmed.

Remember the Senate can hold a vote anytime the Majority Leader decides to hold a vote. Democrats can't stop a vote. Why do you think McConnel is delaying Perdue's buddies nomination?
There’s about to be zero pending nominations.
We shall see whether your Dear Leader manages his attempt to end run the Constitution. Like I said- Trump can try to force the Senate to adjourn- but the Senate can simply choose to ignore his unconstitutional power grab.

I for one look forward to seeing how this plays out.
You denying there’s a national emergency?
Did you see me say that anywhere in my post?
Then learn to read English. It’s in the US Constitution.
I can't defend Trump on this issue. He ONLY has that authority when Congress cannot agree on an adjourn date.

So far, that does not appear to be the case.

Trump is overstepping. I will not defend that shit.

SCOTUS will tell us. I love it. Both Houses are worthless Deepstaters.
I agree they are both worthless.

But, I am bound by principles. It would be hypocritical of me to support Trump's threatening to take action he has no authority to take.

If they present a genuine conflict as to the date they will adjourn, Trump has authority to set the date. That's it.

Pro-forma sessions of Congress are a sham and a dereliction of duty. Trump is doing what he needs to get the job done. Congress has a choice-either come back to work and do your job, or you are adjourned.
Really?
I guess you missed that whole Supreme Court case which told Obama that he couldn't make recess appointments during Senate Pro-forma sessions.

Hmmm as i recall posters here at USMB actually said that Obama's recess appointments during pro-forma sessions were impeachable offenses.

But now that your Dear Leader is doing it.....suddenly you love them.
I don't love them and was never a fan of them. Congress is either in session or it isn't. Give these nominees an up or down vote and move on.

Trump Says He Will Use His Authority To Adjourn Both Houses of Congress
Apr 15, 2020 · TRUMP SAYS HE WILL USE HIS AUTHORITY TO ADJOURN BOTH CHAMBERS OF CONGRESS TO PAVE WAY FOR RECESS APPOINTMENTS OF ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS. What to Read Next. 42 Goods That Are in Higher Demand Than Ever During the Coronavirus Crisis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Can the president adjourn congress
Yes, the constitution gives the president the power to adjourn congress. However, this power can only be used when the upper and lower houses can not agree on a time to adjourn themselves.
What date did the House and Senate decide to adjourn then?
GAME OVER
When has the Senate not agreed on a time to adjourn themselves?

I doubt your Dear Leader will do this- but if he does- I hope the Senate ignores him.

Let Trump take the Senate to court.
He will make the appointments and the nominees will assume their roles. It will be up to the Senate to sue him. I don't see that happening, but stranger things have occurred.....

Trump will force democrats to get there ass to work! Or else!

God I love this guy!

This was just announced live. Link is coming
Just typical Impeached President Trump subterfuge to deflect attention from his massive Coronavirus failed response! He will back down at some point, as he usually does. What a stand up guy!!!! Bigly!!!
Just typical exonerated forever Trump exercising his Constitutional authority while Congress is on vacation during a national emergency.

You are not part of the solution....you are part of the problem.

No time for weaklings.....if we are to take America back we must support Trump.......all the fukin airborne way. hehheh
I'm no fan of chopping off my nose to spite my face.

:dunno:

What’s the downside? Congress went on vacation during a national emergency.

God I love this guy!

Just typical Impeached President Trump subterfuge to deflect attention from his massive Coronavirus failed response! He will back down at some point, as he usually does. What a stand up guy!!!! Bigly!!!
Huh

This is Trump's big ask.

Aren't any of you paying attention?

What are you all talking about right now?

Is it recess appointments by any chance?

And the fact that Congress isn't doing it's job?

What brought this conversation about?

Was it Trump controlling the narrative by making a simple declarative sentence?

Has he used any power to do anything? No?

And yet, here we are discussing the do-nothing Congress not getting their job done.

The guy is a genius.
He sure used more than one simple declarative sentence to tell us how Congress, well the Democrats, are keeping his nominees waiting two years or more. He also threatened to use power he hasn't got to adjourn Congress and make recess appointments, which are temporary.

Yeah, we're TALKING about it.

And if he just said "Congress needs to move on confirming my nominees", do you think that thread would have more than two replies? I don't. It would be completely ignored.

Just like Trump saying he Was going to quarantine New York City... did he do it? No.

But he drew attention to the problem...and the next day other state governments were interdicting New York, New Jersey and Louisiana residents and ensuring they weren't infected and spreading the virus to other states.

Making these outlandish claims ensures they are not ignored...on the contrary...they spread like wildfire. He is not overstepping his authority by SAYING he is considering an action.

He is using TDS to get his message out and to control the narrative.

Trump asked (Agriculture Secretary) Sonny Perdue how long he's been waiting for his distribution manager to get approved....2 1/2 years.
Of the 749 open positions during Trump's administration- 510 have been confirmed by the Senate.

Remember the Senate can hold a vote anytime the Majority Leader decides to hold a vote. Democrats can't stop a vote. Why do you think McConnel is delaying Perdue's buddies nomination?
We shall see whether your Dear Leader manages his attempt to end run the Constitution. Like I said- Trump can try to force the Senate to adjourn- but the Senate can simply choose to ignore his unconstitutional power grab.

I can't defend Trump on this issue. He ONLY has that authority when Congress cannot agree on an adjourn date.

But, I am bound by principles. It would be hypocritical of me to support Trump's threatening to take action he has no authority to take.

If they present a genuine conflict as to the date they will adjourn, Trump has authority to set the date. That's it.

But they won’t do there job! We need these appointees.

I am just wondering- the Senate has pushed through 510 confirmations- including some grossly unqualified persons for judgeships- how grossly incompetent or unqualified must these nominees be that the Republican controlled Senate won't even vote on them?
Remember Democrats have not been able to prevent any justices from being confirmed by the Republican controlled Senate. What makes these confirmations any different?

This is Trump's big ask.

And yet, here we are discussing the do-nothing Congress not getting their job done.

The guy is a genius.
He sure used more than one simple declarative sentence to tell us how Congress, well the Democrats, are keeping his nominees waiting two years or more. He also threatened to use power he hasn't got to adjourn Congress and make recess appointments, which are temporary.

And if he just said "Congress needs to move on confirming my nominees", do you think that thread would have more than two replies? I don't. It would be completely ignored.

Just like Trump saying he Was going to quarantine New York City... did he do it? No.

But he drew attention to the problem...and the next day other state governments were interdicting New York, New Jersey and Louisiana residents and ensuring they weren't infected and spreading the virus to other states.

Making these outlandish claims ensures they are not ignored...on the contrary...they spread like wildfire. He is not overstepping his authority by SAYING he is considering an action.

Right- Trump is just threatening to circumvent the Constitution in order to get his way. He hasn't actually done it yet.

But they won’t do there job! We need these appointees.
Tell us about the nominees that 'we need'.

Name and appointed title.

If you know we need them, certainly you know those trivial little details.

God I love this guy!

Just when I thought Jittsy couldn't get more ignorant.

Republicans control the Senate- not Democrats.

The Senate approves his nominations- not Democrats.

Of course you love your Dear Leader and his attempts to circumvent the Constitution.

This is Trump's big ask.

The guy is a genius.

Making these outlandish claims ensures they are not ignored...on the contrary...they spread like wildfire. He is not overstepping his authornarrative.mNG he is considering an action.

Right- Trump is just threatening to circumvent the Constitution in order to get his way. He hasn't actually done it yet.
My understanding is he has the legal authority under certain circumstances to do what he says. If it is legally possible, how could it be circumventing the Constitution?

This is Trump's big ask.

The guy is a genius.

He is using TDS to get his message out and to control the narrative.Do
I see what you're saying. Do you think it will really mobilize the Democrat Senators to rush right over and confirm all his appointments? The "narrative" is being argued by people like you and me and a bunch of hired pundits on tv, which has no effect at all, imo. If he isn't serious, he's just distracting us.

This is Trump's big ask.

The guy is a genius.

Making these outlandish claims ensures they are not ignored...on the contrary...they spread like wildfire. He is not overstepping his authornarrative.mNG he is considering an action.

My understanding is he has the legal authority under certain circumstances to do what he says. If it is legally possible, how could it be circumventing the Constitution?
First of all- Trump flat out announced that the reason he was doing this was to circumvent the Constitutional requirements that his appointments be confirmed by the Senate. Remember- we all learned this during the Obama Presidency when the Senate refused to confirm Obama's nominations- including Garland.
One of the things Obama did to try to get around the Senate refusing to consider his nominees was to make recess appointments when the Senate was not actually meeting but having the same kind of pro-forma meetings that they are having now.
The Senate went to the Supreme Court to fight that- and won.
Trump's attempt to circumvent the Senate and the Constitution is to claim he can adjourn the Senate. The claim is based upon very narrow language in the Constitution and is as legally suspect as Obama's arguments when he made recess appointments.

What is really weird is that the Republicans control the Senate- and Trump has had no problem with the Senate ramming through his judicial nominees- even those who didn't have a day of trial experience. Who are these nominees that Trump can't get the Senate to vote on?

And why isn't Trump doing what he has been doing for the last three years to avoid confirmation hearings- using temporary appointments?

This is Trump's big ask.

The guy is a genius.

First of all- Trump flat out announced that the reason he was doing this was to circumvent the Constitutional requirements that his appointments be confirmed by the Senate. Remember- we all learned this during the Obama Presidency when the Senate refused to confirm Obama's nominations- including Garland.
One of the things Obama did to try to get around the Senate refusing to consider his nominees was to make recess appointments when the Senate was not actually meeting but having the same kind of pro-forma meetings that they are having now.
The Senate went to the Supreme Court to fight that- and won.
Trump's attempt to circumvent the Senate and the Constitution is to claim he can adjourn the Senate. The claim is based upon very narrow language in the Constitution and is as legally suspect as Obama's arguments when he made recess appointments.

What is really weird is that the Republicans control the Senate- and Trump has had no problem with the Senate ramming through his judicial nominees- even those who didn't have a day of trial experience. Who are these nominees that Trump can't get the Senate to vote on?

And why isn't Trump doing what he has been doing for the last three years to avoid confirmation hearings- using temporary appointments?
Better get back to work or trump is going to make you pay! Ha love this guy

Forum List

Back