Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

Are you ignorant or just trying to twist the facts?

The trade deficit with China has continually went up on your chart.
What chart? My source is the United States Government.

I will ask again:

The first two years of Trumps 'Presidency' have seen the the 2 highest Goods trade deficit years with China in U.S. history?

True or false?

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

The genius of Trumps red hot economy comes into play too dip shit....
You mean the 'red hot' economy that rose only 2.55% during Trump's first two years and the latest GDP number was largely based on huge inventory builds - not fundamental growth?
The unemployment rate/U-3 that Trump (rightly) called a 'hoax'?
The fact that the employment-population ratio (the REAL unemployment rate, IMO) is still lower then it was before the Great Recession?
The fact that - according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on) - America has lost 304,000 jobs over the last two months?
The fact that the DOW has been basically flat for over 1 1/3 years and was down in 2018 for the first calendar year since the GR?
That Trump is on pace for a well over $1 trillion dollar deficit?
That Trump himself called for lower interest rates and more QE (a sure sign of desperation)?

That 'red hot economy'?

You’re just pissed because all your President could do was read a teleprompter...

Trump is MAGA.........….
You Trumpbots just can't stop getting things wrong.

I have never voted Dem or Rep and I thought Obama did a lousy job as POTUS.

You are one dumb dick brain Tard...

The trend on your government CHART shows our

trade imbalance continually going up since 1985....

We import more than we export....

Cheap Goods Dumb Ass.............

Trump is trying to level the playing field as far as tariffs go...

And again you duck the simple question.

I will ask again:

The first two years of Trumps 'Presidency' have seen the the 2 highest Goods trade deficit years with China in U.S. history?

True or false?

What does that have to do with tariffs?

Other than the Fact China has been Screwing us for Years

and President Donald J. Trump is trying to fix it.

It’s simple Dick Brain...

China Taxes our goods more than we tax theirs.....

There will always be a trade imbalance between us because of

our workers’ wages....Their goods are cheaper than ours...

What is your point on the imbalance dumb ass?
LOL...typical uneducated, Trumpbot reply. No facts...all anger, rage and hype. And they don't have the guts to answer questions that put their messiah in a bad light.

The 'chart' is the official government source for all trade numbers...you ignorant hick.

And again you ducked the simple question. Trump promised to lower the trade deficit.
'In a 2016 campaign speech in Pennsylvania, Trump called the trade deficit a “politician-made disaster” and promised swift change. “We can turn it all around — and we can turn it around fast,” he said.'
Trump promised to shrink the U.S. trade deficit. Instead, it exploded to a record level.

He has done the opposite.

I will ask again:

True or false?

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with China

OH - and btw - Obama's last year in office, the trade deficit went down from the previous year. Just sayin'.

You are an idiot and your reading comprehension sucks....

People have more money to spend with Trump than they

did under obozo....

Americas are buying more of everything under Trump..

You see Trump is a business man and obozo was a community

organizer elected because of the color of his skin.....

What did obozo do to bring the trade deficit with China down other

than Flucking the middle class?

Answer me that Tard...

Trump
Is dead rught

The democrats are in a panic because trump will bring great prosperity back to the worker class

Tariffs on low wage nations does this

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.

Then why is China bitching about the tariffs then?

And why do you liberals like pointing out that China’s tariffs on US produce is devastating to US farmers? After all wouldn’t it just be the Chinese that are paying that tariff?

So which is it? Do tariffs work or are the Chinese just as “dumb” as President Trump?

I guess RocketMan has no answer, as no regressive retard can answer the simple question.

Do Chinese tariffs on US agriculture hurt the US or not? After all it’s just the Chinese paying the tariff.

Bueller?

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

And why do you liberals like pointing out that China’s tariffs on US produce is devastating to US farmers? After all wouldn’t it just be the Chinese that are paying that tariff?

So which is it? Do tariffs work or are the Chinese just as “dumb” as President Trump?

I guess RocketMan has no answer, as no regressive retard can answer the simple question.

Do Chinese tariffs on US agriculture hurt the US or not? After all it’s just the Chinese paying the tariff.

Bueller?

Trump is bringing the worker class back to the middle class

Which will prove the democrats were simply con artists trying to steal from the worker class with the help of China

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company (not crap), who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Another ignorant Trumpbot who has no clue about macroeconomics.

Okay dufus - I'll try to make it so simple even you can understand it.

If you have two widgets sold in America and of equal quality. One is made in China and costs $10. One is made in America and costs $12. Now, thanks to Trump's tariffs...that Chinese made widget costs $15. So, naturally, people start buying the American widget...but not for $12.

You see, the American corporation knows they can jack the price up to $13.50 and still be undercutting the Chinese widget nicely. So that is what they will do. That is how business operates.

Result?

American consumers - many of whom are poor/on fixed incomes and depended on that cheap Chinese widget to make ends meet - now have to pay 35% more for the same product. So that means they have less money to spend on other things. That's called 'inflation'. And that could hurt the poor a TON.

And what about these jobs you think will result?

They will only be temporary. Since the extra sales are SOLELY based on the tariffs and since the tariffs could be removed at any time, there is NO WAY that a company is going to build a new factory for the added production. So they will just add another shift or something similar.

Finally, the tariffs will cost jobs as many American companies depend on cheap Chinese imports so that they can manufacture their products cheaper. With that source gone, they will have to use more expensive components. This will raise the price of their products (more inflation) and cause layoffs as they lose competitiveness.

Trump’s lumber tariffs to cause job losses, higher home prices
Trump's massive new tariffs could end up costing America 146,000 jobs
Here's How Many Jobs America Could Lose Because of the Trump Tariffs

So what is the result?

Some temporary, added US jobs. Much higher prices for consumers and US jobs losses.

I realize you Trumpbots either cannot or will not read anything negative against your messiah. But Trump's tariffs will not help the US economy ONE LITTLE BIT.

That is why the markets are tanking every time the trade deal rumors are bad.

School is out.

And since you obviously learned nothing (because Trumpbots NEVER seem to learn)...you get an 'F'.

We are done here (for now).

Have a nice day.
So now you care about low wage Americans but you want to flood our country with low wage illegals

What chart? My source is the United States Government.

I will ask again:

True or false?

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

You mean the 'red hot' economy that rose only 2.55% during Trump's first two years and the latest GDP number was largely based on huge inventory builds - not fundamental growth?
The unemployment rate/U-3 that Trump (rightly) called a 'hoax'?
The fact that the employment-population ratio (the REAL unemployment rate, IMO) is still lower then it was before the Great Recession?
The fact that - according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on) - America has lost 304,000 jobs over the last two months?
The fact that the DOW has been basically flat for over 1 1/3 years and was down in 2018 for the first calendar year since the GR?
That Trump is on pace for a well over $1 trillion dollar deficit?
That Trump himself called for lower interest rates and more QE (a sure sign of desperation)?

That 'red hot economy'?

You Trumpbots just can't stop getting things wrong.

I have never voted Dem or Rep and I thought Obama did a lousy job as POTUS.

I will ask again:

True or false?

LOL...typical uneducated, Trumpbot reply. No facts...all anger, rage and hype. And they don't have the guts to answer questions that put their messiah in a bad light.

The 'chart' is the official government source for all trade numbers...you ignorant hick.

And again you ducked the simple question. Trump promised to lower the trade deficit.
'In a 2016 campaign speech in Pennsylvania, Trump called the trade deficit a “politician-made disaster” and promised swift change. “We can turn it all around — and we can turn it around fast,” he said.'
Trump promised to shrink the U.S. trade deficit. Instead, it exploded to a record level.

I will ask again:

True or false?

OH - and btw - Obama's last year in office, the trade deficit went down from the previous year. Just sayin'.

did under obozo....

Answer me that Tard...

No idea - I did not vote for Obama (or for the Rep candidates) and thought he (and GWB) did a lousy job as POTUS. I have told you this numerous times and you appear FAR too stupid to remember this simple fact.

Now answer mine - if you have the guts to (which, so far, you haven't)? And I will not answer another question of yours in this thread until you do.

I will ask again:

True or false?

Note: watch folks how this Trumpbot probably - yet again - flails around desperately avoiding answering this INCREDIBLY simple question.
He asks me a question...answer it right away. But him...he is too afwaid of Twump wooking bad.

Last edited:
Trump
Is dead rught

The democrats are in a panic because trump will bring great prosperity back to the worker class

Panic over what - watching the DOW collapse thanks to Trump? Suuuuuure.

This from the guy who literally hates women.

Oh...BTW, have you seen this?

University gender gap at record high as 30,000 more women accepted
More women than men admitted to Oxford University for the first time!

You are getting left behind fella. Women are going to take over many of the high end jobs...and leave uneducated people like you to uneducated jobs...until you are replaced with robots. And women will rule the world.

Good for them...they cannot do any worse then us men have.

The future looks grim for misogynist's like you.

Sleep well misogynist.

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company (not crap), who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Another ignorant Trumpbot who has no clue about macroeconomics.

Okay dufus - I'll try to make it so simple even you can understand it.

If you have two widgets sold in America and of equal quality. One is made in China and costs $10. One is made in America and costs $12. Now, thanks to Trump's tariffs...that Chinese made widget costs $15. So, naturally, people start buying the American widget...but not for $12.

You see, the American corporation knows they can jack the price up to $13.50 and still be undercutting the Chinese widget nicely. So that is what they will do. That is how business operates.

Result?

American consumers - many of whom are poor/on fixed incomes and depended on that cheap Chinese widget to make ends meet - now have to pay 35% more for the same product. So that means they have less money to spend on other things. That's called 'inflation'. And that could hurt the poor a TON.

And what about these jobs you think will result?

They will only be temporary. Since the extra sales are SOLELY based on the tariffs and since the tariffs could be removed at any time, there is NO WAY that a company is going to build a new factory for the added production. So they will just add another shift or something similar.

Finally, the tariffs will cost jobs as many American companies depend on cheap Chinese imports so that they can manufacture their products cheaper. With that source gone, they will have to use more expensive components. This will raise the price of their products (more inflation) and cause layoffs as they lose competitiveness.

Trump’s lumber tariffs to cause job losses, higher home prices
Trump's massive new tariffs could end up costing America 146,000 jobs
Here's How Many Jobs America Could Lose Because of the Trump Tariffs

So what is the result?

Some temporary, added US jobs. Much higher prices for consumers and US jobs losses.

I realize you Trumpbots either cannot or will not read anything negative against your messiah. But Trump's tariffs will not help the US economy ONE LITTLE BIT.

That is why the markets are tanking every time the trade deal rumors are bad.

School is out.

And since you obviously learned nothing (because Trumpbots NEVER seem to learn)...you get an 'F'.

We are done here (for now).

Have a nice day.
So now you care about low wage Americans but you want to flood our country with low wage illegals

Sure I do...people like you - middle aged men who tend bar for a living.

Pretty sad.

Last call.

Have a nice day.

Trump got SO OWNED by the Chinese. They got Trump to extent the deadline for months - which gave them time to prop up their economy. They obviously had no intention of giving Trump what he wanted...so they played him. EVERYONE with a properly working brain on these matters knew they were just playing for time.

But not Trump...RIGHT OVER HIS HEAD.

As others have (rightly) said on here...the Chinese are just waiting Trump out. They know he has NEVER been above 50% in the major polls (the worst performance during a POTUS's first two years EVER) and is doomed in 2020 (barring a war). And Trump is the only wacko who is big on these tariffs...so they just have to play for time.

And China did EXACTLY that when Trump played right into their hands and gave them an extension...like a moron. A non-senile guy would have put the tariffs on as soon as he got into office...to give them time to work (which they won't - BTW) before the next election. But no - this lowlife (sorry - just cannot think of a more appropriate word right now...he is just so low in almost every area) gave China months and months and months to drag out the negotiations.

Now China only has to wait about 18 months (until Trump loses in 2020) and the tariffs will be gone.

Trump handled the Chinese like a child.

Way to go President Useless Negotiator. Not only did he get NOTHING from NK...now he got played by the Chinese like a first grader.

I will ask again:

True or false?

I will ask again:

True or false?

did under obozo....

Answer me that Tard...

No idea - I did not vote for Obama (or for the Rep candidates) and thought he (and GWB) did a lousy job as POTUS. I have told you numerous times and you appear too stupid to remember.

Now answer mine - if you have the guts to (which, so far, you haven't)? And I will not answer another question of yours in this thread until you do.

I will ask again:

True or false?

Note: watch folks how this Trumpbot - yet again - flails around desperately avoiding answering this INCREDIBLY simple question.
I have been hearing and reading about voting for others but the of the two major parties for forty years or more. And I have voted 3rd party. Its a waste. About the trade deficits and tariffs. This is not 1930. We are not pax americana with everything built here. We are now the ones who buy from others. And there is no way to build up manufacturing here or improve it big time without Trump and what he is doing.

Trump
Is dead rught

You are getting left behind fella. Women are going to take over many of the high end jobs...and leave uneducated people like you to uneducated jobs...until you are replaced with robots. And women will rule the world.

Sleep well misogynist.

Wrong Dead Wrong

Did the founders hate women?

Did the founders hate 18 yr olds??

They didn't let them vote in order to protect them

In the same way as not letting 2 yr olds vote

Outrageously foolish losers who works life to kill women and children

I will ask again:

True or false?

I will ask again:

True or false?

did under obozo....

Answer me that Tard...

No idea - I did not vote for Obama (or for the Rep candidates) and thought he (and GWB) did a lousy job as POTUS. I have told you numerous times and you appear too stupid to remember.

I will ask again:

True or false?

Note: watch folks how this Trumpbot - yet again - flails around desperately avoiding answering this INCREDIBLY simple question.
I have been hearing and reading about voting for others but the of the two major parties for forty years or more. And I have voted 3rd party. Its a waste. About the trade deficits and tariffs. This is not 1930. We are not pax americana with everything built here. We are now the ones who buy from others. And there is no way to build up manufacturing here or improve it big time without Trump and what he is doing.

The crooked democrats destroyed the middle class workers in order to enrich a few traitors and China worked with these traitors in order to weaken America

This is High Treason by the democrats and Rinos

Trump is bringing the worker class back into the prosperous middle class

By nov. 2020 trump will have the worker class woke up to see how corrupt the democrats have been

That will end the democrat party with many locked up for many years

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House
This most certainly IS winning:

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

The Chinese Guy doesn't look too happy about it!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.

Trump
Is dead rught

Sleep well misogynist.

Wrong Dead Wrong

Did the founders hate women?

Did the founders hate 18 yr olds??

They didn't let them vote in order to protect them

In the same way as not letting 2 yr olds vote

Outrageously foolish losers who works life to kill women and children

7fc9101f885e8f334fae9353f1c7d6304a0b11d8cf61490be287e63dbc6f5edc.jpg

And Trump still has no clue how tariffs work.

Last edited:
Wrong

Trump is right

The proof is the record low unemployment

If trump was not right those numbers would be rising and not falling

Logic understands what data to look at to prove something

The employment numbers proves trump right

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
If Trump's tariffs are raising prices, then how come inflation is below the Fed's 2% target?

Guess you never heard NO ONE WINS IN A TRADE WAR and our people are getting hurt and by the time this AH trump is through many more will be
"Trade War" is hyperbole. It's simply a negotiation and a long overdue one. China can either buy more from us or their goods can be taxed on entry to US markets.

fredgraph.png

safe_image.php

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
If Trump's tariffs are raising prices, then how come inflation is below the Fed's 2% target?

I said absolutely nothing about inflation...you are going to have to talk to someone else about that as it holds little interest for me at this time (BTW - the inflation rate - the CPI - is a joke and has been for a number of years).
If You Want To Know The Real Rate Of Inflation, Don't Bother With The CPI
The Fed KNOWS CPI is a Joke, Meanwhile Real Inflation is Already Above 3% - Gains Pains & Capital

But if you have a problem with that - please take it up with someone else...like the authors of the linked articles or the BLS.

My point was strictly that you made the point that America would get a windfall (in essence) from the tariffs.

And my point was that there is no windfall as the tariff money is merely taking income out of American consumer's hands and giving it to the government...hardly a windfall by any stretch.

Though - for some bizarre reason - Trump cannot seem to get it through his head that the tariffs do NOT come from China.

China defiant as Trump adviser admits US consumers pay tariffs

What a dufus he is.

Last edited:

trump-2-more-years.jpg

Forum List

Back