Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

All Trump is doing is asking for China to be fair. If you don't understand how unfair China's Trade practices are with the USA, then you're stupid and, most likely, a dimocrap.

Trump wants American Workers to have a chance. Trump wants American Workers to be able to work a job that pays enough to support a family, to take care of his or her kids, to not be dependent on government handouts, to be able to have pride in him/herself and be respected in the Community.

The Chinese don't play fair. They are a brutal, Totalitarian State that still, to this day, runs concentration camps and puts political dissidents in prison by the million.

Chamber of Commerce types are bad enough. But they take the side of selfishness and greed.

But dimocrap scum take the side of our opponents. Every time.

Every.Fucking.Time.

Why is that, you think?

I'm fucking serious. WHY?!??!!

Why is it that every time we have a problem with another Country, with illegals trying to infiltrate our Country........ With Non-Americans....

Why do dimocrap scum ALWAYS come out AGAINST America and American Citizens? Why is it that we're always wrong in the eyes of dimocrap scum? That we are the bad guys. That we are racist, imperial, evil, conquering, undeserving, etc

Ever thought about that??

Do you know? Do you understand?

I really don't think you do. I really think most of you still regard dimocrap scum as ''good people with bad ideas.''

They're not. dimocraps are the scum of the Earth.

You better get with it, people.

Soon
Are the farmers who are going to do so well as scump say's, going to return all the welfare they're getting?

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House
This most certainly IS winning:

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

The Chinese Guy doesn't look too happy about it!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
True, but, if consumer prices aren't rising for US Consumers, US Consumers aren't paying them, not that I would mind paying a little bit more to help my neighbors job and to ensure that what I'm using is being produced in an environmentally friendly manner and not going to a competitive nation that plans to build a military that can dominate ours.

But, the data is irrefutable, consumer prices are well below the Fed's 2% target.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.

Then why is China bitching about the tariffs then?

And why do you liberals like pointing out that China’s tariffs on US produce is devastating to US farmers? After all wouldn’t it just be the Chinese that are paying that tariff?

So which is it? Do tariffs work or are the Chinese just as “dumb” as President Trump?
Guess you never heard NO ONE WINS IN A TRADE WAR and our people are getting hurt and by the time this AH trump is through many more will be
"Trade War" is hyperbole. It's simply a negotiation and a long overdue one. China can either buy more from us or their goods can be taxed on entry to US markets.

What do we make that the Chinese citizens want or can afford?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

China needs our Food

China had been working with the dems and Rinos to push liberalism and democracy on America to weaken America

China knows that liberalism and Rinos who destroys the worker class weakens America and that's why they buy off the traitor crooks

China does not want us to prosper and gain power
China flows rivers of cash to Left-wing Politicians, Universities and DC Think-tanks. That's why they are all pushing the line of the Chinese Communists against Trump and The American Worker.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.

And why do you liberals like pointing out that China’s tariffs on US produce is devastating to US farmers? After all wouldn’t it just be the Chinese that are paying that tariff?

So which is it? Do tariffs work or are the Chinese just as “dumb” as President Trump?
Guess you never heard NO ONE WINS IN A TRADE WAR and our people are getting hurt and by the time this AH trump is through many more will be
"Trade War" is hyperbole. It's simply a negotiation and a long overdue one. China can either buy more from us or their goods can be taxed on entry to US markets.

soy beans?
Not a fan.

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
If Trump's tariffs are raising prices, then how come inflation is below the Fed's 2% target?

I said absolutely nothing about inflation...
You claimed that Consumers were paying higher prices as the result of Trump's tariffs, yet the data doesn't support that. Yes, the tariffs are being paid, we confirmed that with the near doubling of tariff revenue to the US treasury, but, your claim that US consumers are paying them is falsified by Consumer price growth that lags even the Fed's target of 2%.
...My point was strictly that you made the point that America would get a windfall (in essence) from the tariffs....
My point was that closing the trade gap would increase US GDP and that is irrefutable. The goal isn't tariffs, the goal is trade balance. China tariffs everything from us, they will either reduce barriers to using our goods or we will increase barriers to using theirs.
...And my point was that there is no windfall as the tariff money is merely taking income out of American consumer's hands and giving it to the government...
Except that Consumers aren't seeing unusual price increases, in fact, we are seeing below usual price increases.
...Though - for some bizarre reason - Trump cannot seem to get it through his head that the tariffs do NOT come from China....
I always suspected that China would try to compress their margins in order to maintain their market share and avoid the behavior change of giving us the access to their markets that we have been granting them to ours for multiple decades, and so far that is pretty much what they have done.
...What a dufus he is.
How come the anti-Trumpers keep claiming this and he keeps turning out to be right?

fredgraph.png

safe_image.php

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
If Trump's tariffs are raising prices, then how come inflation is below the Fed's 2% target?

You claimed that Consumers were paying higher prices as the result of Trump's tariffs, yet the data doesn't support that. Yes, the tariffs are being paid, we confirmed that with the near doubling of tariff revenue to the US treasury, but, your claim that US consumers are paying them is falsified by Consumer price growth that lags even the Fed's target of 2%.
...My point was strictly that you made the point that America would get a windfall (in essence) from the tariffs....
My point was that closing the trade gap would increase US GDP and that is irrefutable. The goal isn't tariffs, the goal is trade balance. China tariffs everything from us, they will either reduce barriers to using our goods or we will increase barriers to using theirs.
...And my point was that there is no windfall as the tariff money is merely taking income out of American consumer's hands and giving it to the government...
Except that Consumers aren't seeing unusual price increases, in fact, we are seeing below usual price increases.
...Though - for some bizarre reason - Trump cannot seem to get it through his head that the tariffs do NOT come from China....
I always suspected that China would try to compress their margins in order to maintain their market share and avoid the behavior change of giving us the access to their markets that we have been granting them to ours for multiple decades, and so far that is pretty much what they have done.
...What a dufus he is.
How come the anti-Trumpers keep claiming this and he keeps turning out to be right?

I said nothing about consumers paying higher prices yet...jeez...give the tariffs time to work through the system. But eventually they will have to pay higher prices. Not massive inflation...but higher prices...for certain. Besides, the tariffs just went full on last Friday.
I was above talking about they will have to pay the tariffs...import tariffs are taxes.

And no...Trump does not keep ending up being right. And he is 100% wrong when he keeps saying that China will pay the tariffs. A first year business student knows that.

He said Mexico would pay for the wall...wrong.
He dementedly believes that China is paying for their import tariffs when even his own people are publicly saying he is wrong - 100% wrong.
He said he would pull all US troops out of Syria - wrong.
He said he would pull troops out of Afghanistan - he put MORE in...wrong.
He said NK would end their nuclear program...wrong.
He said the U-3 rate was a hoax (he was right about that - but then he made a complete about face about the U-3 once he was in office).
He rightly called the economy a 'big, fat ugly bubble' and that the Fed were doing wrong. Then, when he got into office, he did a complete 180- and embraced everything the Fed did and asked them to do more...wrong.
He said he would easily get a trade deal with China...wrong.
He said he would lower the trade deficit...he has raised it...wrong.
He said GDP growth would be 4 or 5%...His first two years it was 2.55%...wrong.
He said this is one of the greatest economies ever...LOLOLOL...it ain't even close to that...wrong.
He said - 3 TIMES - that his father was born in Germany...wrong. That's not policy related...that just shows he is losing his mind.
And on and on.

And please do not mini-quote every one of them with some description why Trump is wonderful for each...I am NOT going there. The above are ALL facts...no excuses.

Last edited:

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.

...What a dufus he is.

I said nothing about consumers paying higher prices yet...jeez...give the tariffs time to work through the system. They just went full on last Friday.

I was talking about they will have to pay the tariffs...import tariffs are taxes.

And no...Trump does not keep ending up being right. And he is 100% wrong when he keeps saying that China will pay the tariffs. A first year business student knows that.

He dementedly believes that China is paying for their import tariffs - 100% wrong.
He said he would pull troops out of Afghanistan...he put MORE in...wrong.
He said the U-3 rate was a hoax (he was right about that - but then he made a complete about face about the U-3 once he was in office).
He rightly called the economy a 'big, fat ugly bubble' and that the Fed were doing wrong. Then, when he got into office, he did a complete 180- and embraced everything the Fed did and asked them to do more...wrong.
He said this is one of the greatest economies ever...LOLOLOL...it ain't even close to that...wrong.
He said - 3 TIMES - that his father was born in Germany...wrong. That's not policy related...that just shows he is losing his mind.
And on and on.
And yet the economy is doing great.

China needs our Food

China had been working with the dems and Rinos to push liberalism and democracy on America to weaken America

China knows that liberalism and Rinos who destroys the worker class weakens America and that's why they buy off the traitor crooks

Either does Trumps pal Putin

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead or got fat...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Last edited:

China needs our Food

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.

...What a dufus he is.

I said nothing about consumers paying higher prices yet...jeez...give the tariffs time to work through the system. They just went full on last Friday.

I was talking about they will have to pay the tariffs...import tariffs are taxes.

He dementedly believes that China is paying for their import tariffs - 100% wrong.
He said he would pull troops out of Afghanistan...he put MORE in...wrong.
And on and on.
And yet the economy is doing great.
Trump is doing a MUCH Better job than the "experts" predicted he would. After the two dumbest back to back President's in American history, it's nice to have someone capable in charge again.

China needs our Food

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

Well thanks but Trump is the one that started ALL of that talk:

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

So since they won't - I will.

And back to the tariffs...which Trump does not even know what they are. How messed up is that?

Last edited:
Trump’s tariff strategy is working: China’s Communist Party increasingly worried about internal stability as economy slows

POTUS Trump’s tariff strategy is working: China’s Communist Party increasingly worried about internal stability as economy slows

The problem is that the Chinese system is an authoritarian one.

The Chinese Communist Party killed millions of its citizens. It won't hesitate to have a recession if it feels it needs to.

Their internal fortitude to handle pain is probably greater than ours.
and wait till they start selling our treasuries

In the current market, they'll have no problem finding buyers.

The problem for China would be that if they start selling Treasuries en masse, the yuan would plummet, risking capital flight. And that would be a really big problem.
What if they just stopped buying them and do you think their ability to take economic pain is greater than ours?

The Chinese are highly conscious of capital flight. Millions of Chinese are trying to get their money out of the country. That pressure would build if the yuan were to plummet.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.

...What a dufus he is.

I said nothing about consumers paying higher prices...
We aren't paying the tariffs separately, if they are not adding to the costs of goods, we aren't paying them.
... yet...jeez...give the tariffs time to work through the system. But eventually they will have to pay higher prices....
Which concedes the point that we aren't paying them, haven't been paying them, yet, they are being paid, we can prove that someone is paying them by that spike to the US treasury at the right of the graph.

fredgraph.png

So let's review.

i) Trump's work on the right hand side of the graph is real income to the US treasury, clearly his tariffs are being paid. Those are hard numbers, not projections.

ii) Consumer prices are showing no signs of unusual inflation, in fact, inflation is well below the Fed's target.

Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to observe that:

iii) While the tariffs ARE being paid to the US Treasury, US Consumers are NOT paying them.

... the tariffs just went full on last Friday...
No. They were increased last Friday, what Trump has done so far has added billions to the US treasury and been completely painless to the US treasury, not that I would mind paying higher prices to support my neighbor's job and to ensure that the goods I purchase are produced in an environmentally friendly manner.
... I was above talking about they will have to pay the tariffs...import tariffs are taxes...
We might have to pay a portion of them at some point, but so far we haven't, and even if we do, I'm fine with that. I take satisfaction from supporting my neighbors job and I know that we are far more environmentally responsible producers than the Very Dirty Chinese Producers.
...And no...Trump does not keep ending up being right. And he is 100% wrong when he keeps saying that China will pay the tariffs. A first year business student knows that...
The data does not support your claim, though it does support Trump's. The Smart business student follows the data.
...He dementedly believes that China is paying for their import tariffs when even his own people are publicly saying he is wrong - 100% wrong...
First you claimed that US Consumers would pay them. Now you have admitted that you were wrong, but you retrenched and projected that they "will later", but, they are being paid now, the chart above is irrefutable. If the US Consumer isn't paying them, who is? Little Hint, (spin your screen 360 degrees to read the following) THE CHINESE ARE PAYING THEM! The data is obvious, clearly either the Chinese or our importers or a combination are compression their margins, yet you go on and on about how "US Consumers" have been paying these tariffs when they clearly aren't.

You are claiming that it is impossible that the Chinese are compressing their margins and therefore covering these tariffs. What is your support for that claim? Because, just looking at the data, that looks to me like the likeliest explanation.
...He said he would lower the trade deficit...he has raised it...wrong...
The first quarter of 2019 our trade balance with China is $-79,979.5M
The first quarter of last year it was $-91,088.9M

That a near 13% reduction. Give the man time to work!

Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with China

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

China isn't eating anything, dope.

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

Forum List

Back