Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company, who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Big point! Both Schumer and Nancy are supporting the hard bargain being struck with China. The tariffs are not as bad as being portrayed. You don't have to buy the Chinese product. You can buy a US product or one from other countries. If China wants to sell stuff they (or the manufacturer) will eat most of that 25% tariff. Trump knows how tariffs work, he has Lighthizer and Navarro doing the heavy lifting. Xi and Trump will finalize and then celebrate.
Democrat-led House seen backing Trump’s China trade war, scrutinizing talks with allies - Reuters

It's not just complete products that are imported from China but components of products as well. There are many components that are are not produced in the US at all.

One good example is small engines and parts. That's lawnmowers, generators, pumps...etc.
Tariffs hit the heartland , our US farmers......Making it worse on how to do business Support for orange moron is diminishing

80 bucks a month where this coming from orangeman bad.com ,,,if ya only knew the profit margins some of us ran on this side of the pacific
now that would upset ya.

When it comes to business news huffpuff lives down to it nickname
What the hell does that mean?

it means huff poo is a bigger laughing stock than cnn ....
Translation" I only read and accept as legitimate sources that I agree with because that are slanted right" Not my problem
oh the irony

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

Well thanks but Trump is the one that started ALL of that talk:

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

So since they won't - I will.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

And Trump does not even understand what a tariff is.

He said he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter. There is nothing vile in that statement. That is a proud father talking about the qualities both physical and intellectual in his daughter.
I once said my mother had hot legs when she was in highschool and I'd date her if I was alive back then. Does that mean I want to have sex with my mother, the answer is no.

Ever see where his hands go on ivankas body??and republicans get on bidens case?

Tariffs hit the heartland , our US farmers......Making it worse on how to do business Support for orange moron is diminishing

Wrong! Tariff money going back to farmers in relief aid....when China begs for mercy and opens it's markets to US agriculture, our farmers will have a BOnanaza....wake up, smell the soy beans!
:coffee:

Wrong! Tariff money going back to farmers in relief aid....when China begs for mercy and opens it's markets to US agriculture, our farmers will have a BOnanaza....wake up, smell the soy beans!

do you make that shit up or do you have an assistant ?

'Hey MORON...it's an import tariff.

McCratchet doesn't get it that an import tariff is like raising the price on a product. When you go shopping, if the price of something goes up, you are less likely to buy it, buy as much of it, or will go looking for it cheaper somewhere else. Or make it yourself.

China has been winning the market for years by undercutting what others (including us) can make it for. A tariff stops that undercutting from taking place. By doing so, it makes other markets (including ours) MORE competitive.

When we buy less, China loses money. Down goes their GDP. They are vitally dependent on our trade.

There, I've made that to where any 6th grader can understand it. Now maybe you might too.

not this time -

China can buy soy beans from several other countries - ALL THEY WANT OR NEED.

You have soybeans on the brain. We're after a lot more than mere beans. Meantime, we'll compensate the farmers until it all works out. When finished, we'll be selling more beans than before.

how do you decide how to compensate farmers

That's not my problem or worry, jackass, they have people who figure that stuff out and have been doing it for years and years. If not for jackass deadbeats like you and all your negative hot air, this country would be about 5 million tons lighter and the Earth could pick up orbit around the Sun.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

He said he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter. There is nothing vile in that statement. That is a proud father talking about the qualities both physical and intellectual in his daughter.
I once said my mother had hot legs when she was in highschool and I'd date her if I was alive back then. Does that mean I want to have sex with my mother, the answer is no.

Ever see where his hands go on ivankas body??and republicans get on bidens case?

Really.

Biden plays 'creepy uncle' in public...yet Trump openly wants to date/fuck his own daughter.

The two are not even in the same galaxy on the creepy scale.

do you make that shit up or do you have an assistant ?

Watch some real news sometime.....So are ya still threatening to shoot the President or did my chat with SS put an end to that?.......freak.

Last edited:

The Chinese pig herds are dying from some sort of disease and the Chinese don't like beef and have a high rate of lactose intolerance. There is no way to predict the consequences of the swine herd collapse.

make-america-great-again-hat-donald-trump.jpg

This is from the first batch in 2016, liar.

Relief aid ?? May I call that WELFARE?

And a good tariff deal???? Don't count on it Trump needs to make a deal to have a chance in this next election And if he can't make a good deal he'll make any deal he can The truth is ANY deal will be helping America

Trump gave farmers 12 billion$ last year, 15 billion$ this year - then offers to feed poor countries with tariff revenue-

if Obama had done that RW dolts would be shittin' bueberries ....

F all of ya -

The Chinese are certain that the Western barbarians (you and me) will recognize the need for Chinese guidance real soon.

They are that arrogant.

The Chinese pig herds are dying from some sort of disease and the Chinese don't like beef and have a high rate of lactose intolerance. There is no way to predict the consequences of the swine herd collapse.
Didn't our pig herds have disease problems too?

Yes and I never seen him do anything wrong with his daughter.

Is this "winning" ? f**k Trump! Biggest idiot and unfit clown to ever disgrace the White House
This most certainly IS winning:

fredgraph.png

Say "Thank you" to the Chinese for that spike to right in funds flowing into the US Treasury.

safe_image.php

The Chinese Guy doesn't look too happy about it!

$35 extra billion dollars towards a $19.3 TRILLION dollar economy? That is almost nothing.

United States GDP | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Hell...that is only 1/25'th of the projected FY 2019 deficit.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Besides, $15 billion of that has already been earmarked just to help farmers...so there goes about 1/2 of it already.

Trump's new plan to aid American farmers faces many hurdles, says ex-USDA chief

And BTW, ALL the money from the Chinese import Tariffs comes from American companies who pass then on to the American taxpayers. So that is just money taken from US consumers and given to the government...so it's no windfall.

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Tariffs are just a tax.
True, but, if consumer prices aren't rising for US Consumers, US Consumers aren't paying them, not that I would mind paying a little bit more to help my neighbors job and to ensure that what I'm using is being produced in an environmentally friendly manner and not going to a competitive nation that plans to build a military that can dominate ours.

But, the data is irrefutable, consumer prices are well below the Fed's 2% target.
US Consumers aren't paying them,

Then who is?

Why would China pay a tax on imports to the US? China isn't importing goods. The US buyers of those goods are importing them.

Yes and I never seen him do anything wrong with his daughter.

Behind closed doors I wouldn't trust Trump

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

China isn't eating anything, dope.

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?
Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?

No. I don't "get it". Not at all. That made no sense whatsoever.

By your logic, the economy will do better because we pay more for everything?

Gee, sorry you don't get it. And I tried to dumb it down too.
It was dumbed down to nonsense.
You should have went the other way.

You could just make a clearer point.

My bottom line is Trump knows he MUST make a deal China far from dummies, know this too So they could just wait him out until next year when trump will have to make a deal good or bad

Forum List

Back