Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What do we make that the Chinese citizens want or can afford?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

China needs our Food

China had been working with the dems and Rinos to push liberalism and democracy on America to weaken America

China knows that liberalism and Rinos who destroys the worker class weakens America and that's why they buy off the traitor crooks

China does not want us to prosper and gain power
Either does Trumps pal Putin

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

Well thanks but Trump is the one that started ALL of that talk:

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

So since they won't - I will.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

China isn't eating anything, dope.

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

It is amazing that in 2019 you still have to explain how a tariff works to the people who want them so badly.

China needs our Food

China had been working with the dems and Rinos to push liberalism and democracy on America to weaken America

China knows that liberalism and Rinos who destroys the worker class weakens America and that's why they buy off the traitor crooks

China does not want us to prosper and gain power

Pal?

If his daughter Ivanka were dead...I think Putin would be the one person he would most want to have sex with. Of course, Trump would be the 'female' in that gay relationship.

Do we really need a vile and disgusting post from you, like this, rather than your customary intelligent and sourced views?

His attitude towards Ivanka is absolutely disgusting. And his 'Christian' Trumpbots rarely - IF EVER - say anything bad about it. And they should.

If this is what you want to discuss, can you find an appropriate topic and discuss it there rather than crapping all over this one with your vile filth?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

And Trump does not even understand what a tariff is.

jesus h whats stoppin the chinese from eating the ten percent on their end? apparently according to some reports not much!
if the chinese are covering the ten percent what does it matter if myself or a freight forwarder , a chink warehouse stuffed with chink nationals operating at of redhook ...OR goddamn ford pays the friggin duties...youre still not out the 10% and the consumer feels ungotz

The 25% import tarriff is applied when the goods come in to the US. China has already sold the goods to some US buyer who has already paid for the shipping to the US and who now must pay an additional 25% to import from China. That additional cost will be passed to consumers through higher prices.

The only way this hurts China is if buyers find cheaper suppliers elsewhere. Not likely.

It is amazing that in 2019 you still have to explain how a tariff works to the people who want them so badly.

To grown men as well. Dopes.

The Chinese appreciate the help the OP is providing them.
They love seeing postings like this across the internet, that demonstrate that a large percentage of Americans are actively rooting against their own president.

Pal?

A) I started this thread. And so long as the mods allow it - I will 'defecate all over it' as much as I wish.
B) I did not start it...Trump did with his 'vile' remarks about his daughter. You knock others for knocking him for it but you don't knock him for making the vile remarks? Why is that?
C) Where is your post declaring your disgust at what he said about his own daughter?

Or the Logan act

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company, who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Big point! Both Schumer and Nancy are supporting the hard bargain being struck with China. The tariffs are not as bad as being portrayed. You don't have to buy the Chinese product. You can buy a US product or one from other countries. If China wants to sell stuff they (or the manufacturer) will eat most of that 25% tariff. Trump knows how tariffs work, he has Lighthizer and Navarro doing the heavy lifting. Xi and Trump will finalize and then celebrate.
Democrat-led House seen backing Trump’s China trade war, scrutinizing talks with allies - Reuters

It's not just complete products that are imported from China but components of products as well. There are many components that are are not produced in the US at all.

One good example is small engines and parts. That's lawnmowers, generators, pumps...etc.

Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?

'
Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

But isn't that always the thing with Trump, McSocket? EVERYTHING TRUMP SAYS AND DOES SHOULD NOT WORK (according to the experts).
  • He shouldn't have won the Primary (according to the experts). But he did.
  • He shouldn't have been able to beat Hillary (according to the experts). But he did.
  • A hundred things he's done in office wouldn't have worked for anyone else. But they did for him.
Maybe we just need better experts.

And Trump will balance the trade and make it work for America. The AIM isn't tariffs. It's FAIR trade for the USA.

Maybe you assholes should try HELPING him for a change to make it work instead of always doing everything possible hoping he will fail?

You are SO DAMN HUNG UP on your TDS you don't even care what is good for America.
And Trump will balance the trade and make it work for America

Cheaper goods and buyers for our soybeans was working for America.

Yup, most of us understand how tariffs work. And finding cheaper products than the ones from China is difficult. Although what happens when a cheaper product from China costs the same (or close to the same) as a higher quality product from the USA or elsewhere? Chances are the consumer will buy the higher quality product. Which means the US buyer that purchased those Chinese products will have considerably more inventory and less likely to purchase the same volume as he/she has in the past. Thus lower sales. Get it?

No. I don't "get it". Not at all. That made no sense whatsoever.

By your logic, the economy will do better because we pay more for everything?

'Hey MORON...it's an import tariff.

McCratchet doesn't get it that an import tariff is like raising the price on a product. When you go shopping, if the price of something goes up, you are less likely to buy it, buy as much of it, or will go looking for it cheaper somewhere else. Or make it yourself.

China has been winning the market for years by undercutting what others (including us) can make it for. A tariff stops that undercutting from taking place. By doing so, it makes other markets (including ours) MORE competitive.

When we buy less, China loses money. Down goes their GDP. They are vitally dependent on our trade.

There, I've made that to where any 6th grader can understand it. Now maybe you might too.

Gee, sorry you don't get it. And I tried to dumb it down too.

McCratchet doesn't get it that an import tariff is like raising the price on a product. When you go shopping, if the price of something goes up, you are less likely to buy it, buy as much of it, or will go looking for it cheaper somewhere else. Or make it yourself.

China has been winning the market for years by undercutting what others (including us) can make it for. A tariff stops that undercutting from taking place. By doing so, it makes other markets (including ours) MORE competitive.

When we buy less, China loses money. Down goes their GDP. They are vitally dependent on our trade.

There, I've made that to where any 6th grader can understand it. Now maybe you might too.

not this time -

China can buy soy beans from several other countries - ALL THEY WANT OR NEED.

Pal?

He said he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter. There is nothing vile in that statement. That is a proud father talking about the qualities both physical and intellectual in his daughter.
I once said my mother had hot legs when she was in highschool and I'd date her if I was alive back then. Does that mean I want to have sex with my mother, the answer is no.

The consumer is already out over a billion dollars over Trump's tariffs on washing machines. Fuck you ignorant asshole.
uh boy and youre very very very upset about because the left cares so much for working families and flyover country
isnt the consumer just an exploited slave for the capitalist running dogs

thats it ? a billion
the consumer only got stuck for a billion
where did this come from ?
The new report showed that customs duties total $41 billion so far this year, up 82% from a year ago, a big increase that reflects the higher tariffs the Trump administration has imposed on China

82% is more than a billion
china and others on our end are eating em
you are a moron :auiqs.jpg:

case closed on both points
Eviscerate the proletariat

If Obama slapped a tax that caused the cost of washing machines to rise 15%, I doubt conservatives would be praising him for taking money out of Americans' pockets.

But when Trump does it, his worshippers run to his defense because he is their orange God.

You do know we have a choice not to buy it right?

Do you? Do you really have a choice?
Can you identify which products you purchase are made in the US and contain not a single component from China.

Last edited:

people with jobs being able to afford groceries because the price of goods has risen to the point that they make them here instead of there is a good thing. I don't mind paying more for Chinese imports if it means we make them here and pay Americans to make them.

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
Make their shit so expensive Americans wont buy it.

I fail to see the problem.

FUCK CHINA

I fail to see the problem.

Exactly.

not this time -

You have soybeans on the brain. We're after a lot more than mere beans. Meantime, we'll compensate the farmers until it all works out. When finished, we'll be selling more beans than before.

not this time -

You have soybeans on the brain. We're after a lot more than mere beans. Meantime, we'll compensate the farmers until it all works out. When finished, we'll be selling more beans than before.

bla bla bla

how do you decide how to compensate farmers - did they all lose the exact same amount or is Trump willing to pay some and fuck some then call it even-

and fyi, soy beans are the issue - read the news derp.

Forum List

Back