Trump just blew his chances of being a "leader"

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Had Trump had more "brains" than ego, he would have faced the recent discord that forced him to cancel his Chicago rally with much better tact.

Trump could have easily stated that he shares the blame for surging violence by both his followers and protesters, because of his rhetoric. He could have risen above the fray with simply admitting that some of his comments both angered his opponents and spurred "devotion" from some of his angry followers.

Sure, he would have lost some of his "fans", but the loss of those folks would have been compensated by the gain of a much larger (and saner) crowd of independents and even rational republicans, including his fellow candidates.

Too bad for Trump in showing that he is far from a unifying figure and that leadership is a concept he has not yet mastered. He may still win the nomination (the battle), but he has also lost the oval office (the war.)

Had Trump had more "brains" than ego, he would have faced the recent discord that forced him to cancel his Chicago rally with much better tact.

Trump could have easily stated that he shares the blame for surging violence by both his followers and protesters, because of his rhetoric. He could have risen above the fray with simply admitting that some of his comments both angered his opponents and spurred "devotion" from some of his angry followers.

Sure, he would have lost some of his "fans", but the loss of those folks would have been compensated by the gain of a much larger (and saner) crowd of independents and even rational republicans, including his fellow candidates.

Too bad for Trump in showing that he is far from a unifying figure and that leadership is a concept he has not yet mastered. He may still win the nomination (the battle), but he has also lost the oval office (the war.)
No one has to share the blame with you ignorant idiots.

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
- George S. Patton

Frankly, I wouldn't bring my hero George Patton into the discussion. You're talking to the left on this forum - you know, the cowards that good 'ol Georgie slapped the piss out of.....

poor nat is putting forth a BRAVE FRONT------sorry nat-----Trump did fine

Yeah, nat, you lefties would love it if Trump took the blame for the disruptive turds who try to crash his rallies. :lol:

Nah. Backpedalling would destroy him now. If he goes soft his reputation will be ruined forever.

I'd say he's having quite a few sleepless nights actually, but forward is his only option.

Frankly, I wouldn't bring my hero George Patton into the discussion. You're talking to the left on this forum - you know, the cowards that good 'ol Georgie slapped the piss out of.....

Nah. Backpedalling would destroy him now. If he goes soft his reputation will be ruined forever.

I'd say he's having quite a few sleepless nights actually, but forward is his only option.

Why would he be having sleepless nights?

He doesn't need to take responsibility for the protesters at his rallies, that's on them.

However...................how those protesters are treated by his supporters and campaign workers IS partially his responsibility. Instead of saying punch them in the face, carry them out on a stretcher, or volunteering to pay for the legal bills of people who get violent, he should have stayed with get them out.

Face it, almost EVERY person running for office will face protesters at some time, some will face them on a regular basis.

How you handle the protesters says a lot about how you'd run the country.

Wait...since when has Trump's platform ever been one based on being professional or showing tact? In fact, his campaign platform revolves around the exact opposite of that. While I won't deny that his actions make him unelectable (in my opinion), many people support his outrageousness and, in the primaries, it is working really well for him. He'd actually be an idiot to not keep on doing what he's doing if he wants to be elected. The more uncouth he acts, the more support he seems to draw.

He doesn't need to take responsibility for the protesters at his rallies, that's on them.

However...................how those protesters are treated by his supporters and campaign workers IS partially his responsibility. Instead of saying punch them in the face, carry them out on a stretcher, or volunteering to pay for the legal bills of people who get violent, he should have stayed with get them out.

Face it, almost EVERY person running for office will face protesters at some time, some will face them on a regular basis.

And the fact that Hillary is not willing to blame the protesters for trying to shut down Trump's first amendment rights says a lot about how SHE would run the country.

Because now he has to win or be branded a bigot forever. I dont think anyone is immune to the irrational fear of political correctness.

And the fact that Hillary is not willing to blame the protesters for trying to shut down Trump's first amendment rights says a lot about how SHE would run the country.
:lmao:

Because now he has to win or be branded a bigot forever. I dont think anyone is immune to the irrational fear of political correctness.
His bigotry has always been apparent.

acid indigestion-------eating on the run

His bigotry has always been apparent.
True of us all.

What connection to Hillary do those protesters have? Remember, BLM interrupted her rallies as well.

And................exactly HOW are Trump's first amendment rights being shut down? He's still got the podium, he has security that can drag the protesters out, and he can resume speaking after they are thrown out.

No. His first amendment rights weren't impacted much at all, unless he chose to let them be, because like I said, he had the venue, had security for protesters, as well as had the podium to speak from, and could have easily continued after they'd been kicked out.

For one, he himself could've showed up at the podium to cancel his own event in person instead of asking a surrogate to do that while he hid in a motel room..

What connection to Hillary do those protesters have? Remember, BLM interrupted her rallies as well.

And................exactly HOW are Trump's first amendment rights being shut down? He's still got the podium, he has security that can drag the protesters out, and he can resume speaking after they are thrown out.

No. His first amendment rights weren't impacted much at all, unless he chose to let them be, because like I said, he had the venue, had security for protesters, as well as had the podium to speak from, and could have easily continued after they'd been kicked out.
Did I say there was a connection to Hillary? No, I said she declined to blame them for their own actions. She instead exploited it for political gain and blamed Trump. His first amendment rights were being shut down because threats of violence were being issued by the assholes Hillary refused to blame and he had to cancel the event because he was concerned for the safety of everyone. Do I really have to explain this to you?

Forum List

Back