Trump Lies To Troops About Giant Pay Raise He Never Got Them

He thinks they don’t know about how much they make?

Trump misleads about military pay raises again - CNNPolitics

Speaking to troops at Al Asad Air Base during his surprise visit to Iraq, Trump told troops: "You protect us. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, 'cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. ... You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one."
In fact, military pay has increased every year for more than three decades. It was raised 2.4% in 2018 and then 2.6% in the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act. The 2.6% pay raise is the largest in the past 9 years.

More fake news from CNN. .LYING is epidemic.. Here's the point. Of COURSE "it's increased every year for 3 decades" -- but CNN is lying by omission. Because the IMPORTANT part is that the SIZE of raises have been going DOWN for 13 years. And were only TOKEN raises for the past 8 years. Here's the TRUTH again...

Military-Pay-Raises-Since-2000.jpg

That was the PROPOSED future (in dashes) from the 2014 OBAMA budget. I'm not here to defend Trump. Don't get me wrong. I'm here to make people WORK for understanding the issues. And there's SO MUCH LYING and deviant lying by omission going on here -- it's easy pickins on both sides of the childish noise...

If you believe that....you suck Trumps nipple

Gee....that has to be tough while humping his leg at the same time....

It may be one thing to outright lie to imbeciles at Trump's rallies.....BUT, to lie to our troops face-to-face in a war-zone smacks a lot of being a scumbag.....

What do you think, Trump cult members???

Does he think his audience does not know more about their pay over the last ten years than he does?

Not sure which is more entertaining. watching people freak out over his lies or watching the faithful sheep twist themselves into knots to ignore them.
IF YOU LIKE YOUR DOCTOR. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR....wonder what lie by Trump cost as much as the mulattos lies?
98 percent of Americans kept their health insurance

If 98 percent of soldiers got a ten percent raise it would not be much of a lie
So OVER 2 MILLION by your numbers LOST HEALTH CARE, that is a SMALL NUMBER from an ABNORMAL with a pea sized mind!!!!...I'm sure those people feel relief knowing your useless informstion....as I almost always say bitch slapping mental retard liberals is TOO FUCKING EASY!!!...But never change Wrongwinger, YOU are our entertainment!
It was actually four million out of 330 million Americans
You do the math

I really think a trumpette is going to do math and come up with a fact? You are expecting a lot....from someone who voted for the "dumbest GD student I ever taught."

Revealed: Trump's professor thought he was his 'dumbest student' ever - Study International

Don't know about Trumpettes, but I just gave you one.. That "cuts and increases" in the Swamp aint what you think they are.. So here's the "teachable moment".. I doubt more than 1/2 of you have the honesty or faculties to follow or understand this -- but I'm agonna try...

1) NOTHING in the US Fed budget EVER gets "cut".. When any DC critter talks about raises or cuts, they are referring to the AMOUNT of the anticipated increase --- as compared to the MODIFIED increase for that program or salary class.

2) If a program like WIC gets CUT -- they STILL get more money than they had the prior year. We've had HUNDREDS of brawls over programs cutting cut on USMB -- but in reality, 90% of the time -- that item is funded HIGHER than it was the previous year...

3) If youre fighting over WIC "getting CUT" or "getting INCREASED BY 10% --- you're arguing over the ANTICIPATED INCREASE for that budget item.. Not the total salary or the amount of funding..

4) So from G5000's chart above -- the rate of increase for Military salaries was 2.4% in 2018. The Swamp Critters decide on amounts by how much THAT NUMBER changes. NOT by the total program funding or salary. THAT never is even considered.

5) A 2019 increase of 2.6% is EXACTLY a "a 10% increase" in Swamp Language. Nobody would EVER propose a budget modification in any other terms.

If you don't believe this is true, go to Dept of Ag numbers for TOTAL WIC PROGRAM spending. Despite all the WHINING and crying about "cuts", NOTHING ever actually GOT cut. In 2000, Total WIC spending was $4.1Bill --- In 2018, it was $5.9Bill .... While participation in WIC was DROPPING fairly rapidly..

These swamp critters are perverting the meaning of "increases" or "cuts".. And have all the morons who just check PolitiSpin -- arguing over numbers that they DON'T understand. Then the politicos couch the battle to be about "cost of living" indexes or "expected revenues"..

Trump COULD BE correct. Because in swamp speak -- there IS a 10% increase for military pay... It's true.

The president told military personnel in Iraq that they’ll get a raise of over 10 percent, their first in a decade. But it’s 2.6 percent, and they get a hike every year.

During his first visit to a combat zone since assuming office nearly two years ago, President Donald Trump couldn’t help but take personal credit for a very generous and fictional pay raise for U.S. troops.

The president told service members at al-Asad air base in Iraq that he was proud to secure them a much-needed pay bump of “more than 10 percent” after years of stagnant wages. Many of the troops in attendance may have been surprised to learn they hadn’t seen a pay increase in more than a decade.

“Is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?” Trump said, asking for a show of hands. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

In fact, military members have seen a pay raise in each of the last 10 years, ranging from 1 percent to 3.9 percent, according to the Defense Department. They even saw pay bumps when other federal workers were subjected to a three-year pay freeze in the wake of the Great Recession.

The pay increase for 2019 passed by Congress and signed by the president in August will be 2.6 percent, the largest since 2010. It is not far above last year’s raise for troops, which was 2.4 percent.

Trump told the troops that other people wanted their raise to be smaller, but he fought for a double-digit boost.

More: Trump Brags To Troops About A Fictional Giant Pay Raise He Got Them

2.6% is nowhere near being "more than 10%" as Trump told the troops. He LIED. Trump is evil. Only an evil fucking asshole would tell the troops such a lie - especially in a combat zone during Christmas! What do you think?

Here are the FederalPay.org pay scales for all federal employees. I'm only interested in military pay.

Military Pay Raises - 2004 to 2018

Causing a HUGE pay gap with private sector wages...
Uh...what? When comparing them to...private sector soldiers?

What is their cost of living, compared to...uh...private sector soldiers?

Are U actually that dense? Or just like to take whacks at me?

BECAUSE the entire budget discussion is in terms of "anticipated % increases", those increases are generally based on COLA as RightSwinger said. The military pay compared to private sector salary pay gap WAS increasing for a decade. Was not keeping up..

And a LOT of those soldiers are Reservists. Who HAVE "private sector jobs" so it matters. But unlike RightWinger, I dont believe military pay "anticipated increases" should EVER be JUST about COLA. That's not fair to ask them to accept.. It also affects RECRUITMENT in a all-volunteer military...

The military pay compared to private sector salary pay gap WAS increasing for a decade.
Okay, I'm not saying I find this impossible to believe, but I am curious about the analysis. Was actual cost of living taken into account, for instance? Etc etc

The president told military personnel in Iraq that they’ll get a raise of over 10 percent, their first in a decade. But it’s 2.6 percent, and they get a hike every year.

During his first visit to a combat zone since assuming office nearly two years ago, President Donald Trump couldn’t help but take personal credit for a very generous and fictional pay raise for U.S. troops.

The president told service members at al-Asad air base in Iraq that he was proud to secure them a much-needed pay bump of “more than 10 percent” after years of stagnant wages. Many of the troops in attendance may have been surprised to learn they hadn’t seen a pay increase in more than a decade.

“Is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?” Trump said, asking for a show of hands. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

In fact, military members have seen a pay raise in each of the last 10 years, ranging from 1 percent to 3.9 percent, according to the Defense Department. They even saw pay bumps when other federal workers were subjected to a three-year pay freeze in the wake of the Great Recession.

The pay increase for 2019 passed by Congress and signed by the president in August will be 2.6 percent, the largest since 2010. It is not far above last year’s raise for troops, which was 2.4 percent.

Trump told the troops that other people wanted their raise to be smaller, but he fought for a double-digit boost.

2.6% is nowhere near being "more than 10%" as Trump told the troops. He LIED. Trump is evil. Only an evil fucking asshole would tell the troops such a lie - especially in a combat zone during Christmas! What do you think?

Don't think the troops care considering their pay raises have been GOING DOWN for about 16 years now.. Causing a HUGE pay gap with private sector wages...

It's goin in the right direction and at 2.4% is MUCH higher than the Obama proposals back in 2014 when this graph was made, of LESS than 2% in 2019... And the Repub Congress DID argue up the numbers from 2.1% to 2.4%... WHICH IS about 10% HIGHER than the Budget recommendation originally was...

Best any citizen -- either private or military can EVER expect from govt --- is that it's going in the RIGHT Direction..

So -- Lahkota -- what do YOU THINK they SHOULD have gotten for the past 10 years????: I know, you don't really give a damn. It's only important, if it can be used as a political weapon....

Ohhh so when Trump says "I gave you [10%] raise" and the reality is that raise is [10% of 2.1%], he WASN'T lying???

Answer that one with a straight face, double dare you. :rolleyes:

The military pay compared to private sector salary pay gap WAS increasing for a decade.
Okay, I'm not saying I find this impossible to believe, but I am curious about the analysis. Was actual cost of living taken into account, for instance? Etc etc

How do you estimate "a pay gap" between an accountant and a guy busting in doors in Iraq for terrorist searches? All I need to know is that during the time we were asking them to TAKE 3rd and 4th tours, THEIR INCREASES crashed to near zero.. Reasonable people don't need to know more than that..

You know who I feel sorry for? The people working in Personnel and Pay.

Why?

Because on the 1st, they are going to have to explain to their personnel that they won't get their checks until the government reopens.

Then, when the 15th rolls around (first paycheck to take effect), they are going to have to explain to them that no, Trump doesn't authorize pay increases, Congress does, and this year it is only 2.6 percent.

And, sorry........................but after a person has been in for a couple of years, they get pretty good at reading their LES's (Leave and Earnings Statement), and when they feel their check isn't right, they immediately go to Personnel to get it straightened out. So, just about all of them would have known Trump was lying his ass off about this being the first pay raise in 10 years. All they would have to do is review their LES and see that they got a pay raise every year.

Are U actually that dense?
Are you? Clearly I was being facetious when I mentioned "private sector soldiers". I am curious where you get this comparison to private sector salaries, and about what is actual being compared.

Whenever we had Navy Rights and Responsibilities training, they would tell us what the civilian equivalents of our jobs were.

Mine was middle to upper level management for Personnel and Recruiting. If I was to get paid what I was worth working the last 2 tours of my career, I would have been earning somewhere between 75 to 150 grand/year instead of the 36,500/yr I made as a First Class.

My last sea tour? I was the only Personnelman onboard, and was responsible for pay and record maintenance for 35 people.

My last tour? I was the Leading Petty Officer in the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS, and ran the whole thing. My boss was all the way down in San Antonio.

Here are the FederalPay.org pay scales for all federal employees. I'm only interested in military pay.

Military Pay Raises - 2004 to 2018

Old news. Yearly pay raise charts have already been posted in this thread.

How do you estimate "a pay gap" between an accountant and a guy busting in doors in Iraq for terrorist searches?
Uh, excuse me...that's your question to answer, not mine.
All I need to know is that during the time we were asking them to TAKE 3rd and 4th tours, THEIR INCREASES crashed to near zero..
Then you are being either simple or dishonest, because this fact alone would not be enough information to show us an increasing pay gap between soldiers and the private sector.

Don't think the troops care considering their pay raises have been GOING DOWN for about 16 years now.. Causing a HUGE pay gap with private sector wages...

It's goin in the right direction and at 2.4% is MUCH higher than the Obama proposals back in 2014 when this graph was made, of LESS than 2% in 2019... And the Repub Congress DID argue up the numbers from 2.1% to 2.4%... WHICH IS about 10% HIGHER than the Budget recommendation originally was...

Best any citizen -- either private or military can EVER expect from govt --- is that it's going in the RIGHT Direction..

So -- Lahkota -- what do YOU THINK they SHOULD have gotten for the past 10 years????: I know, you don't really give a damn. It's only important, if it can be used as a political weapon....

Ohhh so when Trump says "I gave you [10%] raise" and the reality is that raise is [10% of 2.1%], he WASN'T lying???

Holy Shit. What a surprise. You ALMOST GOT THIS... YES.. That's the way ALL budgeting is DESCRIBED in Washington. It's NEVER ABOUT the actual salary or budget. That's on fucking autopilot and ALWAYS goes up.. It's ALWAYS a description of the % anticipated increase..

I underestimated you.. I apologize.. You're educable --- maybe :biggrin:.

EXCEPT -- you got the numbers wrong. 2018 was 2.4%. 2.4 X 1.1 = 2.64 or 2.6.. That's a 10% increase in swamp speak...

NEVER was there an intent by Trump or ANYONE else to boost ANY Fed salary in one year by 10%... There would have been fountains of blood oozing from eyeballs on the left and right.

If you're gonna argue.. AT LEAST ARGUE about the issue and the accomplishment and not just whether someone lied about numbers. Because ALL NUMBERS that come from D.C. are basically shake and bake lies. Once you understand that -- you don't get wrapped around the axle about "the lying" and just watch the actual result...

Holy Shit. What a surprise. You ALMOST GOT THIS... YES.. That's the way ALL budgeting is DESCRIBED in Washington. It's NEVER ABOUT the actual salary or budget. That's on fucking autopilot and ALWAYS goes up.. It's ALWAYS a description of the % anticipated increase..

EXCEPT -- you got the numbers wrong. 2018 was 2.4%. 2.4 X 1.1 = 2.64 or 2.6.. That's a 10% increase in swamp speak...

NEVER was there an intent by Trump or ANYONE else to boost ANY Fed salary in one year by 10%... There would have been fountains of blood oozing from eyeballs on the left and right.

If you're gonna argue.. AT LEAST ARGUE about the issue and the accomplishment and not just whether someone lied about numbers. Because ALL NUMBERS that come from D.C. are basically shake and bake lies. Once you understand that -- you don't get wrapped around the axle about "the lying" and just watch the actual result...

That is some truly hilarious spin on what Trump told the troops. I really can't stop laughing...

That is some truly hilarious spin on what Trump told the troops. I really can't stop laughing...

Like my Grandfather used to say "figures don't lie, but watch how liars figure".

Like my Grandfather used to say "figures don't lie, but watch how liars figure".

Trump cult members have become IMMUNE to Trump's constant LIES.......The brain washing has proven successful to the 30-34% of Americans who....as Trump once aptly stated (and whom he "loves") are...poorly educated.

Forum List

Back