Trump Needs to Take Responsibility to Save His Reelection, But it's Probably too Late

The election is Trump’s to lose and not os much as Biden’s to win. Trump is doing everything in his power to lose in November. Honestly, people are just tired of Trump’s schtick, arrogance and behavior. Evertime Trump opens his mouth or tweets his constant stupidity his poll ratings fall. The man does not know how to shut up and stifle himself. Biden will win come election day. The electorate wants a return to normalcy.

Biden cannot put three sentences together coherently. It's very sad.

Good grief your ignorance ignorance of politics is unimaginable. No Dumbocrat is voting for Trump (ever).

Plenty of Democrats voted for Trump. How do you think he won Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Maine's Second Congressional District?

No Republican is voting for Biden (ever).

Again, plenty of moderate Republicans and never Trumpers will vote for Biden because he's perceived as a moderate and a safe replacement. Your suburban soccer moms who have traditionally given the Republicans their support are becoming Biden voters. They are the reason the Republicans got shit on in the 2018 midterms.

Biden didn't run in 2018 and neither did Trump. I am waiting for Biden to come out and urge everyone to vote for him in December.

The other thing to consider is that old people voted for Trump. COVID-19 is still going to be around during the election and it disproportionately affects old people. Old people stayed home during the Wisconsin election, presumably because they were afraid of going into crowds. If old people stay home in November, that will make it more difficult for Trump.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.
I agree. Trump will never admit to being wrong on anything important unless he is cornered and forced to do so, which almost never happens. That narcissism is one thing that drives the left nuts and gives them TDS.

That being said, Trump has been lucky in that the dems keep picking terrible candidates to run against him. If we have a decent rebound in the economy by then without too many spikes of C-19, he will probably get a second term.
What a load Republicans have never found a Dem candidate less than terrible
None of the recent ones on the
Oh no! Youre going to quote my own words back to me? Youre going to ask me why i lied about something, using my own words against me?

Glad the point wasn't lost on you...there is hope for you yet.
Ah, so you agree that trump is not a victim of anything but scrutiny. And criminal narcissists dont like scrutiny. At all.
Ah...so you didn't get the point after all. I quoted you in a way that not only obfuscated your actual sentiment, but reversed it.

That's what today's media is best at...framing narratives to achieve political goals. How did you fight that? You call it out on national television that everyone is watching. It's smart. Thumbs why liberals hate it.

If it was actually detrimental to the president...wouldn't you encourage and support it?

If they are more educated, the libtards have no chance.

Educated people have been swinging towards the Democrats since Trump won the nomination. The share of educated people voting for a Republican Presidential candidate was the lowest on record in 2016 IIRC.

So here we go.

Biden is for

medicare for all
open borders
pro china
addled
old

and you think Republicans will vote for that? Good luck.

Educated people have been swinging towards the Democrats since Trump won the nomination. The share of educated people voting for a Republican Presidential candidate was the lowest on record in 2016 IIRC.

BINGO ^

All bets are off if Trump makes a dent in the minority vote. And man does it look like he will.

One thing Biden will do as president is surround himself with people who KNOW SOMETHING. Not unqualified rubes who cower in his presence. We'll never see Joe pointing at his head and proclaim that "the metrics are all in here". :)

Define people who "Know something"

See the Obama cabinet. Say what you may about Obama, he didn't want to be surrounded by sycophantic, know-nothing yes men. He was surrounded by military, intelligence, economic, financial, legal, medical and science PROFESSIONALS.
You think Eric Holder wasn't a sycophantic yes man? Let's be honest here, Doc! You got to be a member of Barry's cabinet if you were a true believer in the progressive agenda!

So when the WHO, his top medical advisors and the leader of the Democratic Party were all saying everything's cool, Trump was supposed to go against all of them and shut the country down? And what happened when he was considering a quarantine of New York? Governor Cuomo essentially squealed "DICTATOR"!
He can’t shut down the country. He could have refrained from saying there would be a miracle, calling it a hoax, and say we’d have zero cases.
Why does everybody ignore that the president is uniquely endowed with 16 intelligence agencies to tell him what's going on around the world. From the NSA listening to phone calls and texts in every country in the world, to the CIA infiltrating foreign governments, to find out what's really happening.

The WHO and the governors were relying on the B.S. the Chinese were putting out, while the President had the real news on how dangerous the coronavirus was, how quickly it was spreading and how the Chinese government was struggling to contain it.

The difference is that President Trump either avoided presidential briefings, didn't pay attention to the presidential briefings, or didn't bother reading the presidential briefs the CIA delivers to his desk every day.

The governors and WHO spoke out of ignorance. President Trump knew what was actually happening when he called it a hoax.

All bets are off if Trump makes a dent in the minority vote. And man does it look like he will.

One third of all Latinos, Toro. One third.

Ah...so you didn't get the point after all.
Ah, so you didnt, either. The next time trump has a meltdown over a simple question, i will make sure to look you up. Should be today, because, lately, its every day.
You realize "meltdown" is a framing devise. Like rebel vs freedom fighter, your meltdown is my righteous indignation. But feel free to give it your best shot.

The election is Trump’s to lose and not os much as Biden’s to win. Trump is doing everything in his power to lose in November. Honestly, people are just tired of Trump’s schtick, arrogance and behavior. Evertime Trump opens his mouth or tweets his constant stupidity his poll ratings fall. The man does not know how to shut up and stifle himself. Biden will win come election day. The electorate wants a return to normalcy.

Electing a senile old man is a return to normalcy? The only thing "normal" about that, John...is that you liberals are once again running a terribly flawed candidate and expecting people to vote for them!

can’t shut down the country. He could have refrained from saying there would be a miracle, calling it a hoax, and say we’d have zero cases.
And he could have issued shutdown recommendations.

Oh wait, he finally did that. Then he took to twitter and encouraged the deplorables in his base to protest his own guidelines. Fucking moron.

blob supporters have to lie to themselves constantly to be able to still support him; and to look at their children or themselves in the mirror.

Much like 2016, 2 very flawed candidates.

I'd get an absentee ballot, but it wouldnt' be worth the postage to send it back in.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was, but I've said from before he threw his hat in the ring, he's too old. I ignore all this "Biden's losing his mind" crap; it's by the same folks who said Hillary was a dying drunk and Michelle Obama was a man. But campaigning is grueling and so is running the country. Biden is a decent guy and I tend to agree with the Democratic party more lately than the Republicans, but I wish someone else were on the ticket. I really do. I don't think he'll make it through a term, so I'm going to pay VERY close attention to his VP pick.

it cracks me up listening to 75-77 year old board members carping on and on about biden being too old -

:abgg2q.jpg:
That and the blob sounds like an Alzheimer’s patient sometimes himself

Blob huh? Why is it I see a 300 pounder like you sitting in Mom's basement with Cheeto dust all over your fingers and keyboard?

So, you want Trump to tell the American people a bald-faced lie?

Not happening asshole!

Not happening? President Trump has already rolled the "lie" odometer past 20,000
They are only lies for those too stupid to realize how little they matter.

When the stats say 3.78 and he says 4, you call it a lie.
No, when the number of available tests are 75,000 and President Trump says there are 1 million tests, and that everybody who needs a test will get tested, then yes, it'a a lie. And a lie that matters. Lives depend on it.

Forum List

Back