Trump Needs to Take Responsibility to Save His Reelection, But it's Probably too Late

Much like 2016, 2 very flawed candidates.

I'd get an absentee ballot, but it wouldnt' be worth the postage to send it back in.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was, but I've said from before he threw his hat in the ring, he's too old. I ignore all this "Biden's losing his mind" crap; it's by the same folks who said Hillary was a dying drunk and Michelle Obama was a man. But campaigning is grueling and so is running the country. Biden is a decent guy and I tend to agree with the Democratic party more lately than the Republicans, but I wish someone else were on the ticket. I really do. I don't think he'll make it through a term, so I'm going to pay VERY close attention to his VP pick.
biden is losing his mind,,,

I'd get an absentee ballot, but it wouldnt' be worth the postage to send it back in.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was, but I've said from before he threw his hat in the ring, he's too old. I ignore all this "Biden's losing his mind" crap; it's by the same folks who said Hillary was a dying drunk and Michelle Obama was a man. But campaigning is grueling and so is running the country. Biden is a decent guy and I tend to agree with the Democratic party more lately than the Republicans, but I wish someone else were on the ticket. I really do. I don't think he'll make it through a term, so I'm going to pay VERY close attention to his VP pick.
Biden is not nearly as flawed as Hillary was,
Hillary was old , white and rich, but sick and shrill. Joe Biden is Old, White, Male, Rich, and a Groper of Women and Children.
Are you sure this is your candidate you are going to vote for? If so, then you are a worthless piece of excrement who will vote for exactly what you tell US we shouldnt vote for.

The Culture Of The Smug White Liberal
One of the things that always attracted me to the party were the ideals of equality, fighting for the little guy and our openness to differing opinions, but lately I have seen my party take a turn that makes me uncomfortable. Somewhere along the way we stopped fighting for the little guy and became the party of the smug, educated elites who look down on those with less education and deem them unable or unworthy of being able to make personal decisions for their own lives.
This is why more black people have moved towards the guy who has brought jobs back to America, and "NOT" take for granted the minority vote. Now get to work slave, your liberal elites need your taxes so they can be rich...
I think that's the first time you've called me a piece of shit, Will. Having a hard day?

Forgive our Willie. He's a grumpy old man. :)
The quotes straightened themselves out. It was aaronjim, not Will. I deleted the post.

If Trump had approached this crisis as a unifier instead of a divider and really leaned into it head on, he'd be
sitting at a 65% approval on his handling of it and he'd be way better off for November.

Of course, we knew he was not up to the task and he has no idea how to be a unifier. This is who he is.

The most surprising thing is that so many of you freaks just cannot see that.

I don't care about unifier / divider. The president suffers from looking at everything through a political lens, rather than from a position of leadership.
President Trump puts Donald J. Trump first, over all else. It's all about power, which he demonstrated when he insisted that the president had the power to order the states to reopen, overriding the governors and trampling states rights.

Yep. He's a very powerful Alpha Male.

Lots of you don't understand that, obviously

The governors and WHO spoke out of ignorance. President Trump knew what was actually happening when he called it a hoax.

Did you mean those intelligence agencies that proved time and a again that they could not be trusted becaus they were Deep state?
Deep state means the intelligence agencies caught President Trump colluding with Vladimir Putin.

No, when the number of available tests are 75,000 and President Trump says there are 1 million tests, and that everybody who needs a test will get tested, then yes, it'a a lie. And a lie that matters. Lives depend on it.
Lives depend on it? Wow...aren't you the little drama queen!
More Americans will die from the coronavirus than from the Korean War.
And your point is what, Rich? More people died from the Spanish Flu than from World War I!
And if you're going to cite silly things like that at least get your statistics straight...an estimated 5 million people died during the Korean War.

Trump's poll numbers say otherwise...

Trump polls.png

MI.png

AZ.png

Biden is much more flawed than Hillary. Hillary never had to have Bill step in during her interviews to keep her on track or remind her of what was being asked. Biden is toast. It is pure gas lighting at this point to pretend he is capable of being President. And, he wont be the nominee in my opinion.
I don't have tv, so I miss out on the televised speeches. What is this talk of his wife having to keep him on track? You got a link to the whole whatever it was?

One thing Biden will do as president is surround himself with people who KNOW SOMETHING. Not unqualified rubes who cower in his presence. We'll never see Joe pointing at his head and proclaim that "the metrics are all in here". :)

Define people who "Know something"

See the Obama cabinet. Say what you may about Obama, he didn't want to be surrounded by sycophantic, know-nothing yes men. He was surrounded by military, intelligence, economic, financial, legal, medical and science PROFESSIONALS.
You think Eric Holder wasn't a sycophantic yes man? Let's be honest here, Doc! You got to be a member of Barry's cabinet if you were a true believer in the progressive agenda!

We know you didn't like Holder. But he was a PROFESSIONAL. Fat Billy Barf is a toady extraordinaire.

That's six months from now, Toro! With all due respect...if people are still hiding in their houses in November because of this virus then it won't matter who's elected President because there won't be anything left to govern!

What's probably going to happen is that this thing is going to dissipate, and we will go back to some sort of state of semi-normal in the coming months. But then we are likely to see a spike again in the fall and the winter, though probably not as bad as we are seeing now.

If there is any hint of it coming back, it will keep people inside.

This goes away for good when there's a vaccine for everyone, which will be mid to late 2021.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.

This is your best post ever, to get right to the point.

Astutely put. By taking the course described Rump could have undercut the entire thrust of contempt he's earned (including the name "Rump") by abandoning the childish tantrum persona and becoming more actually human. He could have cultivated sympathy for his failings. But as you noted, sympathy is not something a narcissist can even begin to understand, which is ironic for all the dynamics of psychological manipulation he clearly does understand.

It's Opportunity Lost -- nay, intentionally rejected -- to lead a united nation, preferring a climate of hostility and division.

As far as November, I keep saying, mark my words, this is only April and nobody's been nominated yet, for either party. I know what appearances SEEM to suggest in a normal year but this is anything but a normal year, just sayin'.

Biden is much more flawed than Hillary. Hillary never had to have Bill step in during her interviews to keep her on track or remind her of what was being asked. Biden is toast. It is pure gas lighting at this point to pretend he is capable of being President. And, he wont be the nominee in my opinion.
I don't have tv, so I miss out on the televised speeches. What is this talk of his wife having to keep him on track? You got a link to the whole whatever it was?
the video has been posted on this forum in several threads,,for you to miss it is your self imposed ignorance,,,,

The governors and WHO spoke out of ignorance. President Trump knew what was actually happening when he called it a hoax.

Did you mean those intelligence agencies that proved time and a again that they could not be trusted becaus they were Deep state?
Deep state means the intelligence agencies caught President Trump colluding with Vladimir Putin.
Oh for god's sake...we're back to THAT nonsense again? The only people "colluding" with foreign nationals in that election was the Clinton Campaign and the DNC!

People hated Hillary. 58% of people said they voted for Trump because Hillary was the Democratic candidate.

People don't hate Biden.

If Trump had approached this crisis as a unifier instead of a divider and really leaned into it head on, he'd be
sitting at a 65% approval on his handling of it and he'd be way better off for November.

Of course, we knew he was not up to the task and he has no idea how to be a unifier. This is who he is.

The most surprising thing is that so many of you freaks just cannot see that.

I don't care about unifier / divider. The president suffers from looking at everything through a political lens, rather than from a position of leadership.
President Trump puts Donald J. Trump first, over all else. It's all about power, which he demonstrated when he insisted that the president had the power to order the states to reopen, overriding the governors and trampling states rights.

Yep. He's a very powerful Alpha Male.

Lots of you don't understand that, obviously

He is a chickenshit coward. He’s soft.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.

This is your best post ever, to get right to the point.

Astutely put. By taking the course described Rump could have undercut the entire thrust of contempt he's earned (including the name "Rump") by abandoning the childish tantrum persona and becoming more actually human. He could have cultivated sympathy for his failings. But as you noted, sympathy is not something a narcissist can even begin to understand, which is ironic for all the dynamics of psychological manipulation he clearly does understand.

It's Opportunity Lost -- nay, intentionally rejected -- to lead a united nation, preferring a climate of hostility and division.

As far as November, I keep saying, mark my words, this is only April and nobody's been nominated yet, for either party. I know what appearances SEEM to suggest in a normal year but this is anything but a normal year, just sayin'.

You desperately want Biden out of there...don't you, Pogo! The writing is on the wall...you liberals have painted yourselves into a corner with him as your candidate! Now the only question is to what lengths will you go to try and save your asses from another defeat and how badly will those efforts fracture the Democratic Party going forward!

... when the number of available tests are 75,000 and President Trump says there are 1 million tests, and that everybody who needs a test will get tested, then yes, it'a a lie. And a lie that matters. Lives depend on it.
Where is your link? Oh,, you don't have one. You are just repeating what MSNBC and CNN told you to say.
If you need a link to the truth, i'll gladly provide a link from Trumps own administration saying that.

the video has been posted on this forum in several threads,,for you to miss it is your self imposed ignorance,,,,
Gee, thanks. I guess I'll just chalk it up to more "Michelle has a penis" talk then. I'm not hunting every lunatic thread on this board to prove YOUR point.

The Trump Boomerang is an actual thing......the democrats believe that crushing the U.S. economy is the best way to beat Trump.....to do this, the democrats have hyped fear, panic and hysteria, and the congressional democrats are fighting any attempt to relieve the suffering..........so Americans see Trump actually getting needed resources to the very democrat governors keeping their state economies shut down, making sure they get all the supplies they need....and now we are finding out that the scare tactics pushed us into unnecessarily closing down the economy........and the more the democrats refuse to open their states, as better means of fighting the Chinese Virus come out, they will be the ones seen as the obstacle, not Trump......

Forum List

Back