Trump on the oscars boycott "Whites don't get any BET nominations".

Problem is that white people are generally the most "advanced", being the majority in Congress, Majority on the Supreme Court, majority in the police, the armed forces, and most other places you look.
Oh, there are plenty of disadvantaged and poor whites. We can help them.

Oh there are. That's not exactly what you said though, is it? You said "Advancement of White People", not advancement of poor white people. White people can't really advance much more, even with the poor people.

White people have 7% in poverty, blacks and Hispanics 25%.
The inner cities are full of whites and they experience the same problems as the other races. Because they are as lower rate, we are going to ignore them?

This whole line of discussion was meant to be satirical. There should not be Associations for one race without allowing others the same benefit. NAACP should be changed to the National Association of Poor People.

I didn't say you should ignore them. My point would be that poor people are poor people, no matter their race, and you should deal with poverty.

However in the US the govt isn't run for poor people, it's run for the rich, so the govt certainly thinks they should be ignored.

The NAACP existed because of a problem in US society. Slavery existed, Segregation existed, and even with both gone, black people aren't always on a level playing field. Okay, then they went off with positive discrimination, which I think is an idiot's way of avoiding dealing with the real issues.
Slavery and segregation once existed. It does not now. We have had Affirmative Action and now everyone are equals. It is up to the individual to make their own future.
And, the government is run for the poor people. How many are making a career of welfare checks? And they are both black and white. The new Association should be part of the Welfare program, come in for classes and get your checks.

No, everyone aren't equals. People pretend this is the case, but it's just not. Black people have a 25% chance of being born into poverty compared to 7% for white people. White people are more likely to get a decent education. If you're poor, you're probably staying poor unless you're a genius or can play sport.

Hope is just not something in great demand.

One of the biggest problems is education. In Europe education is equal for all those who don't go to private school (more or less), having a good school doesn't depend on whether you have loads of money, it depends on whereabouts you live, and the difference in schools isn't always as great as in the US.
Also unions don't mess up schools as they do in the US.

Governments make sure that this is the case, they have much better teacher training, much better social responsibility.

In the US the attitude is "don't care, won't listen, just make money and feel important being a politician", and the two party system just makes this more so every year.

The US is falling apart.

Mexicans

Muslims

Women

Blacks

What's next? Has he said anything about Indians? How about Jews? Maybe Native Americans? What other hate-maul talk can be spewed out to rile up the good old angry white man base?
Don't forget the physically handicapped.

Mexicans

Muslims

Women

Blacks

What's next? Has he said anything about Indians? How about Jews? Maybe Native Americans? What other hate-maul talk can be spewed out to rile up the good old angry white man base?
Don't forget the physically handicapped.

He alienated the Jews, but in a manner which I actually deem appropriate, by basically saying the pro-Israeli crowd that the US shouldn't be supporting them if they're going around doing what they're often doing (well the right wing Israeli govt's anyway)

Problem is that white people are generally the most "advanced", being the majority in Congress, Majority on the Supreme Court, majority in the police, the armed forces, and most other places you look.

Maybe that's because blacks are only 12% of the country. Ever think of that einstein? Plus white people can READ while most blacks can't.

One of the biggest problems is education. In Europe education is equal for all those who don't go to private school (more or less), having a good school doesn't depend on whether you have loads of money, it depends on whereabouts you live, and the difference in schools isn't always as great as in the US.

Blacks have the same educational opportunities in america as everyone else. Trouble is they are born mentally inferior.

Maybe that's because blacks are only 12% of the country. Ever think of that einstein? Plus white people can READ while most blacks can't.

Well done, you noticed that huh?

The point being that white people control most things. Again, that is what we were talking about. I don't need you to point out the obvious on this one.

Most black people can't read? Would you care to back this up?

Also, if this were true (it's not), then it would probably mean that a govt controlled by white people isn't doing it's job properly.

Trumps been acting timid on this issue but no more. And also point out how blacks are allowed to dominate the NBA and whites don't whine about that.

Trump Weighs In on Oscars Boycott: 'The Whites Don't Get' BET Awards

jan 20 2016 Later in the show, Trump weighed in. "I saw somebody on your show today say, 'Well, what do we do with BET?'" said the real estate mogul, who called into the program the morning after Sarah Palin endorsed him for president. "The whites don't get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I've never even thought of it from that standpoint."

Oh jeez..... but they do have white people in the NBA, do they have black people in the Oscars?
They do if they deserve it.

Blacks have the same educational opportunities in america as everyone else. Trouble is they are born mentally inferior.

They clearly don't. Education is based on how rich you are. 25% of blacks are in poverty, meaning they don't have the same educational opportunities as richer people. Only 7% of whites are in poverty and they also don't have the same educational opportunities of the middle class and the richer class.

For example (I'll do films, not actors) Birdman got 4 awards in 2014, including best picture, what? Forrest Gump got 6 in 1994, beating Pulp Fiction, what???

Last edited:
Trumps been acting timid on this issue but no more. And also point out how blacks are allowed to dominate the NBA and whites don't whine about that.

jan 20 2016 Later in the show, Trump weighed in. "I saw somebody on your show today say, 'Well, what do we do with BET?'" said the real estate mogul, who called into the program the morning after Sarah Palin endorsed him for president. "The whites don't get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I've never even thought of it from that standpoint."

Oh jeez..... but they do have white people in the NBA, do they have black people in the Oscars?

Well, often the Oscars doesn't go to the people who deserve it. It's a problem when the people who vote are old white men. It's not necessarily a problem of race, just a problem of not being diverse enough on many different levels.

The host.

Well, often the Oscars doesn't go to the people who deserve it. It's a problem when the people who vote are old white men. It's not necessarily a problem of race, just a problem of not being diverse enough on many different levels.
Sorry, but voting for somebody because he's black doesn’t work. Just look at Obama.

Sorry, but voting for somebody because he's black doesn’t work. Just look at Obama.

I guess they could have voted for someone who had picked up a stupid stray dog like John McCain did.

Voting for someone who'll insult anyway and play the "I'm a strong man" because his supporters would bomb fictional places also doesn't work.

The Oscars is really a popularity contest. Somebody explain to me why blacks should be celebrated when their overt racism is turning the public off in mass. Ask anyone who has had to deal with a traffic jam caused by BLM, or listen to them chanting in a library or public place. Baltimore was the tipping point. Their disregard for authority. Calling for the killing of cops. We're fed up with black political slogans and movies based on typical black stereotypes. Boys In The Hood was 20 years ago. Those days are history. Nobody cares anymore. Quit complaining, Spike Lee, and learn to cope with the society you live in. Everybody else who comes here has.......

The BET awards are only for black people. The Oscars aren't. hence the difference.

OK folks, are we going to have equality, segregation or integration?? there are..,
21 African-American Organizations You Need to Know About

21 African-American Organizations You Need to Know

how many exclusive "WHITE" organizations can you name?? :up:
How do you know they are "exclusively" black? Because they have the word black in the title? The NAACP is on that list and white people are members. Several of those organizations don't require members to be black.

Last edited:
Hey, isn't Hollyweird 95% leftist? OMG, say it isn't so! The left forgot to pander to one of its core constituency groups. No wonder they are sooooooo pissed, and will probably now get included, and win all of the awards.

Is Trumps point that the Oscars are for whites and if blacks want to win something they should go to BET?

They clearly don't. Education is based on how rich you are. 25% of blacks are in poverty, meaning they don't have the same educational opportunities as richer people. Only 7% of whites are in poverty and they also don't have the same educational opportunities of the middle class and the richer class.

Poor people shouldn't have kids but you liberals created this welfare state that ENCOURAGES poor people to have lots of kids!!!

Forum List

Back