Trump PRAISES General Lee at OHIO Campaign Rally = WTF?

Trump: 'Robert E. Lee was a great general'

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

WTF is Trump doing; Quaaludes, Mary Jane, both, more?
Isn't it time to :bigboy:and add an update to your OP?

If our POTUS actually knew how to communicate effectively, and could actually utilize the English language correctly, none of the confusion would have ensued.
I said it before more than once & I will say it again: Trump either has some really shitty speech writers, or he just spews crap to see where it sticks; maybe both.
His perception of the Civil War sounds like it came from a third grade textbook

custer.jpg

"General" Custer Wasn't Actually a General During His "Last Stand"

He was given a battlefield commission to General that lasted the rest of the war. After the war, the Army downsized significantly and those that remained returned to their former rank based on years of service
Custer preferred to refer to himself as General as did the press

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

If our POTUS actually knew how to communicate effectively, and could actually utilize the English language correctly, none of the confusion would have ensued.
I said it before more than once & I will say it again: Trump either has some really shitty speech writers, or he just spews crap to see where it sticks; maybe both.

His odd speaking style has been repeatedly discussed, and being annoyed by it is certainly understandable.

BUT if that is preventing you from seeing that what he said, was, A fine, and B, historically accurate,

then that was on you.

Now that that has been explained to you, if you are still pretending to not understand, you are just being a dick.

His odd speaking style has been repeatedly discussed, and being annoyed by it is certainly understandable.

BUT if that is preventing you from seeing that what he said, was, A fine, and B, historically accurate,

then that was on you.

Now that that has been explained to you, if you are still pretending to not understand, you are just being a dick.
No...he spoke as though his audience had no idea who Grant or Lee was
His comments were very simplistic and he spoke as though he was being profound.

Our President is not the sharpest crayon in the box

Instead of having meltdown over things Trump may have said, and taking what he said out of context, maybe you could've watch the whole clip,

The Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, New York Times, in a coordinated effort, all led with "Trump praises Robert E Lee". caddo kid had his marching orders at that point. Why would he read? He had seen the new talking point and had his thinking orders from the elites.

Last edited:

then that was on you.

Any POTUS should have an excellent command of the English language. Trump does not possess that skill; why?
Because Trump failed elementary school.

Robert E. Lee was against Slavery.

then that was on you.

Any POTUS should have an excellent command of the English language. Trump does not possess that skill; why?
Because Trump failed elementary school.

Reading the transcript, or viewing the entire clip, shows he was clear in what he said. You simply thought that we were like you and would not bother to read past the media elites accusations.
Dont blame his English. Blame your tendency to boot lick.

As usual, the left is lying scum.

NBC purposely edited the tape to show the lie they are telling.

They lied. dimocraps lie. dimocraps are scum.

This whole thread is a motherfucking lie

CORRECTION: An earlier tweet misidentified the general President Trump described as “incredible” at a rally in Ohio. It was Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, not Gen. Robert E. Lee. An attached video clip lacked the full context for Trump’s remark. Here is the full clip. pic.twitter.com/NZHj3Q2dHL

It's remarkable when Brietbart is more reliable and FAR more honest than the DISGUSTING FILTH in The Lame Stream Media.

NBC Belatedly Corrects Fake News Story on Trump and Robert E. Lee | Breitbart

dimocraps are scum.

ALL of them

General Lee was fighting for The Confederacy so, he was siding with those that supported slavery.

“He was not a pro-slavery ideologue,” Eric Foner, a Civil War historian, author and professor of history at Columbia University, said of Lee. “But I think equally important is that, unlike some white southerners, he never spoke out against slavery.”

Robert E. Lee is a great general, Rommel also was a brilliant strategist...

I can go on for hours about how brilliant of a general Isoroku Yamamoto was -- his Pearl Harbor attack was brilliantly carried out

But those were countries that were fighting against America -- Robert E Lee was actually fighting for the "Real Americans" -- where blacks knew their place

As usual, the left is lying scum.

NBC purposely edited the tape to show the lie they are telling.

They lied. dimocraps lie. dimocraps are scum.

This whole thread is a motherfucking lie

CORRECTION: An earlier tweet misidentified the general President Trump described as “incredible” at a rally in Ohio. It was Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, not Gen. Robert E. Lee. An attached video clip lacked the full context for Trump’s remark. Here is the full clip. pic.twitter.com/NZHj3Q2dHL

It's remarkable when Brietbart is more reliable and FAR more honest than the DISGUSTING FILTH in The Lame Stream Media.

NBC Belatedly Corrects Fake News Story on Trump and Robert E. Lee | Breitbart

dimocraps are scum.

ALL of them

Just because Trump is stupid & doesn't know how to properly utilize the English language you want to blame the 'liberal media.'

LOFL

Instead of having meltdown over things Trump may have said, and taking what he said out of context, maybe you could've watch the whole clip,

The Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, New York Times, in a coordinated effort, all led with "Trump praises Robert E Lee". caddo kid had his marching orders at that point. Why would he read? He had seen the new talking point and had his thinking orders from the elites.

You would be proud to have Trump as an English teacher in your local elementary schools, wouldn't you?

Admit it; come on.

Lee was a great general. He kicked the filthy Yankee's asses until he ran out of supplies.

Once again Trump gets it right.

Yes he was a great General the North wished to have fighting for them.

Lee was bound by his loyalty to the State of Virginia.

Just because Trump is stupid & doesn't know how to properly utilize the English language you want to blame the 'liberal media.'

LOFL

Watch the tape, dildo breath. Even somebody as phenomenally stupid as you can see the lie.

scumbag.

Why do you think NBC issued the Correction, asshat? For Fun?

The below is FROM NBC itself, you lying, dishonest piece of human filth.

This whole fucking thread is based on a LIE

NBC News Issues Correction Over Trump's Robert E. Lee Comments | HuffPost

It was Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, not Gen. Robert E. Lee

then that was on you.

No...he spoke as though his audience had no idea who Grant or Lee was
His comments were very simplistic and he spoke as though he was being profound.

Our President is not the sharpest crayon in the box

I respect that you find his speaking style annoying.

But that is all you've got.

Trying to pretend anything else is going on here, is just you libs reaching, and quite pathetically.

But owned slaves

Forum List

Back