Trump PRAISES General Lee at OHIO Campaign Rally = WTF?

NBC's beyond dishonest reporting on this makes you want to toss the TV. But there is a lot to dislike in Trump's telling of this thing. he is not being remotely accurate, but he is trying to tell a story. And the point he is making is a valid one.

Part of the problem is in order to make Grant as great as he was, he needs to build up Lee. And the generals who surrounded Lincoln did have too much respect for Lee. Lee wasn't that good, but the generals Lincoln appointed, MacCleland, Hooker, Burnside, were that bad. Lee beat them all resoundingly. If Lee was that great the theory goes, Grant is substantially better. Which is the point Trump was making.

The second point he was making was these generals didn't know what they were doing. Lee knew what his goal was. So did Grant. The others were clueless.

As a history major, this was horrible. Crazy. The worst thing. As story telling to make a point, this was the best since Aesop

When was the last time a US President praised either one of them in a pep rally? Lee was no less an enemy of the country than those two

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.
He was praising Grant, moron.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

Yep; that sure sounds like someone praising Grant. Yippy.
That is the lead up to Lincoln hiring Grant, moron.

yep; that has already been discussed about 5 million times, moron.

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

So your posts are idiotic.

You do you realize that, right?

NBC's beyond dishonest reporting on this makes you want to toss the TV. But there is a lot to dislike in Trump's telling of this thing. he is not being remotely accurate, but he is trying to tell a story. And the point he is making is a valid one.

Part of the problem is in order to make Grant as great as he was, he needs to build up Lee. And the generals who surrounded Lincoln did have too much respect for Lee. Lee wasn't that good, but the generals Lincoln appointed, MacCleland, Hooker, Burnside, were that bad. Lee beat them all resoundingly. If Lee was that great the theory goes, Grant is substantially better. Which is the point Trump was making.

The second point he was making was these generals didn't know what they were doing. Lee knew what his goal was. So did Grant. The others were clueless.

As a history major, this was horrible. Crazy. The worst thing. As story telling to make a point, this was the best since Aesop

Aesop told fables. Trump is not.

No; you are incorrect.

Like I already stated a million times, Trump must have some real shitty speech writers, or he just spews shit on the fly; maybe both.

If I want to go before a crowd & praise the virtues of Jesus do I go and praise Satan first?
Satan; wow, what a great guy. Jesus; wow he's a cool cat too.

No; I just get to the good part from the get go.

Trump is too stupid to do that.

Trump: 'Robert E. Lee was a great general'

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

WTF is Trump doing; Quaaludes, Mary Jane, both, more?
Robert E. Lee was indeed a great man. Your lack of historical knowledge and perspective does not change that. It just means you're ignnorant.

I never said Lee wasn't a great General.

You missed the point.

Sure you did. You are theatrically morning and wringing your hands because Trump said Lee was “a great general”.
Another anti-American subhuman backpedaling.

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

Robert E. Lee was indeed a great man. Your lack of historical knowledge and perspective does not change that. It just means you're ignnorant.

You missed the point.

Sure you did. You are theatrically morning and wringing your hands because Trump said Lee was “a great general”.

Show me & everyone else here where I said Lee wasn't a great General.

You can't because I didn't say that.

But go ahead jackass; we'll wait.

No; you are incorrect.

Like I already stated a million times, Trump must have some real shitty speech writers, or he just spews shit on the fly; maybe both.

If I want to go before a crowd & praise the virtues of Jesus do I go and praise Satan first?
Satan; wow, what a great guy. Jesus; wow he's a cool cat too.

No; I just get to the good part from the get go.

Trump is too stupid to do that.

Good Lord hjmick just humiliated you. You shallow lickspittle.
Did you think you we’re all people like yourself who wouldn’t go read the speech in context?

Wow, this is the epitome of dishonesty from the left. If this cock had actually listened to what trump said at the rally and got it straight from the horses mouth (instead of relying on the clickbait media), caddo kid would’ve discovered that the hero in trumps historically accurate story was general grant, not Robert e lee. who was the villain.

The generals of the south, like Robert E lee and Stonewall Jackson, were absolute brilliant tactictions. This is undeniable since the North had every single advantage in their favor in the Civil War. They heavily outnumbered, outgunned, and were technologically superior to the south. Yet the south handed the north’s asses to them on a platter in every single battle, up until general grant took over. Grants whole strategy was to make it a war of attrition, and basically just not make a mistake and break even with the south because he had superior numbers, weapons, and production ability. Grant took over (I’m pretty sure) at the battle of Antietam. At this point victory for the south was almost certain, and they were beginning their offensive to surround D.C. and force the north to surrender. At Antietam, Grant held the south to a draw, which for him was a win in a war of attrition. The south then changed things up and decided to come at DC from the north in Pennsylvania. This is where Gettysburg happened (I would say tied for #1 most important battle in American history with the battle of midway), where the north just barely held off the south by the skin of their teeth. Had the south won, they would’ve forced the north to surrender. But the south took such heavy losses, they could no longer win the war, the north could only loose it by making a mistake, which general grant was not going to do.

To say that general Lee was a good General is true, he was really freaking good at what he did. Just like Rommel was a undeniably brilliant General for the Nazis. Interestingly enough, Rommel and other nazi generals heavily studied the south’s tactics in the civil war, and it is where they borrowed a lot of strategy that later became the blitzkrieg strategy that straight up dominated anything and everything up until the US got involved. That’s how brilliant the generals of the south were. Saying they were brilliant tactitions doesn’t mean they were fighting for a good cause, as if that had to be clarified. But apparently it does in this fucked up world we’re living in now where people gain their knowledge from clickbait...

Caddo Kid, if your sources are really this dishonest about shit, you REALLY need to start questioning those sources, and verifying for yourself, so that you don’t look like an assclown. It’s beyond funny what y’all have been getting duped with, it’s officially to the point of it being sad and concerning. CRTICICAL THINKING PEOPLE, use it, it’s important.

You missed the point.

Ok. Let’s hear you say lee was a great general. Just like trump did.

Ahhh... the butthurt thread of the weekend has arrived. I was wondering why we aren't getting any butthurt, but here it finally is.

He is living rent free in the triggered minds of TDS-suffering snowflakes! :p

I swear sometimes I think he says some things just to watch Snowflake heads explode.

Bwuhahahaha!

Does seem strange.

But since when has Trump done something "normal".

President Trump says ‘Lee was a great general’

5bc21450dda4c837768b4612.JPG

So, when the hell is speaking the truth wrong?

In the era of Confederate statues and monuments being removed due to the South’s history of slavery, Robert E. Lee isn’t often talked about in a good light. But President Donald Trump managed to bring him up at a rally in Lebanon, Ohio on Friday.

So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee,” Trump said.

He went on to explain that Lee was “winning battle after battle after battle” in the Civil War, and that Lincoln came home and said “I can’t beat Robert E. Lee.”

At that point, Trump explained, Lincoln looked to Ulysses S. Grant to save the day – even though he was told Grant had a drinking problem.

And he went in and knocked the hell out of everyone,” Trump said of Grant.

The Left has gone so out of it that they can’t tolerate the truth from our president.

More @ ‘Lee was a great general’: Trump’s Civil War remarks spark Twitter row

Funny really

Trump has a third grade perception of history
He talks to people like they have no idea of who Grant and Lee were

Aesop told fables. Trump is not.

Everything out of Trumps mouth is a fable

In the era of Confederate statues and monuments being removed due to the South’s history of slavery, Robert E. Lee isn’t often talked about in a good light. But President Donald Trump managed to bring him up at a rally in Lebanon, Ohio on Friday.

So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee,” Trump said.

He went on to explain that Lee was “winning battle after battle after battle” in the Civil War, and that Lincoln came home and said “I can’t beat Robert E. Lee.”

At that point, Trump explained, Lincoln looked to Ulysses S. Grant to save the day – even though he was told Grant had a drinking problem.

The Left has gone so out of it that they can’t tolerate the truth from our president.

Did the moron in the WH mention Lee was also a great slave trader?? And the idiot was appealing for blacks to vote for him ? A truly idiot President A republican ,,,but I repeat myself

Did the moron in the WH mention Lee was also a great slave trader?? And the idiot was appealing for blacks to vote for him ? A truly idiot President A republican ,,,but I repeat myself
Tell me about the Duke of York......

:abgg2q.jpg:

Wow, this is the epitome of dishonesty from the left. If this cock had actually listened to what trump said at the rally and got it straight from the horses mouth (instead of relying on the clickbait media), caddo kid would’ve discovered that the hero in trumps historically accurate story was general grant, not Robert e lee. who was the villain.

The generals of the south, like Robert E lee and Stonewall Jackson, were absolute brilliant tactictions. This is undeniable since the North had every single advantage in their favor in the Civil War. They heavily outnumbered, outgunned, and were technologically superior to the south. Yet the south handed the north’s asses to them on a platter in every single battle, up until general grant took over. Grants whole strategy was to make it a war of attrition, and basically just not make a mistake and break even with the south because he had superior numbers, weapons, and production ability. Grant took over (I’m pretty sure) at the battle of Antietam. At this point victory for the south was almost certain, and they were beginning their offensive to surround D.C. and force the north to surrender. At Antietam, Grant held the south to a draw, which for him was a win in a war of attrition. The south then changed things up and decided to come at DC from the north in Pennsylvania. This is where Gettysburg happened (I would say tied for #1 most important battle in American history with the battle of midway), where the north just barely held off the south by the skin of their teeth. Had the south won, they would’ve forced the north to surrender. But the south took such heavy losses, they could no longer win the war, the north could only loose it by making a mistake, which general grant was not going to do.

To say that general Lee was a good General is true, he was really freaking good at what he did. Just like Rommel was a undeniably brilliant General for the Nazis. Interestingly enough, Rommel and other nazi generals heavily studied the south’s tactics in the civil war, and it is where they borrowed a lot of strategy that later became the blitzkrieg strategy that straight up dominated anything and everything up until the US got involved. That’s how brilliant the generals of the south were. Saying they were brilliant tactitions doesn’t mean they were fighting for a good cause, as if that had to be clarified. But apparently it does in this fucked up world we’re living in now where people gain their knowledge from clickbait...

Caddo Kid, if your sources are really this dishonest about shit, you REALLY need to start questioning those sources, and verifying for yourself, so that you don’t look like an assclown. It’s beyond funny what y’all have been getting duped with, it’s officially to the point of it being sad and concerning. CRTICICAL THINKING PEOPLE, use it, it’s important.

this, coming from the claimed law student that can't even read the first paragraph of an article & get his shit straight? :206:

You missed the point.

Ok. Let’s hear you say lee was a great general. Just like trump did.

I did say just that in an earlier post; try paying attention for once

Forum List

Back