Trump Punts On Border Closure, Gives Mexico A Year To Stop Flow Of Drugs & Immigrants Into US

Trump is giving them another year because he wants Mexico to remain prosperous enough to send us a check for the wall, before he shuts the border...

I don't know about anyone else, but I am shocked that Trump has not negotiated a solution to the problem of illegal immigration through the southern border.

It must be someone else's fault. He's the greatest negotiator in the world.

'President Trump has punted on his plans for closing the southern border, telling a group of reporters on Thursday that he will give Mexico a year to stop the flow of migrants and drugs into the US. If they fail on either count, Trump will either slap tariffs on Mexican-made cars or close the border entirely.

"You know I will do it. I don’t play games...so we’re doing it to stop people. We’re gonna give them a one year warning, and if the drugs don’t stop, or largely stop, we’re going to put tariffs on Mexico and products, in particular cars. The whole ballgame is cars....and if that doesn’t stop the drugs, we close the border."

It was unclear whether an agreement with Congressional Democrats would also be a condition for the border closure, after Trump said Tuesday that Congress needed to get rid of chain migration, catch and release and the visa lottery and "do something about asylum" or he would still consider closing the border. "If Mexico doesn't or we don't make a deal with Congress, the border will be closed."

Over the past week, Trump has repeatedly threatened to close the Southern border, even saying that he might do so as soon as this week. His acting chief of staff took to the Sunday shows over the weekend to warn that Trump was serious about the threat, and media reports claimed the White House was looking into various plans.

The decision to back down from an immediate closure order followed complaints from several Republican Senators from border states, including John Cornyn and Martha McSally.

The peso has rallied on the news as pressure from a possible border closure eased.'

Trump Punts On Border Closure, Gives Mexico A Year To Stop Flow Of Drugs & Immigrants Into US

Trump just played chicken with himself...and (somehow) lost.

I KNEW he would back down.

What a completely, useless prick.

The left Candidate need to bring this up and ask Donnie what will he really do?

How will he help States like Texas and California when he throws them into a recession or possible depression?

Does he understand Mexico supplies more than Avocados?

Or

Is his grudge just because of this:

Trump accused of tax fraud in Mexico

He made the right decision. He gave Mexico what for, and they made a gesture by preventing immigrants from entering the country. It's a start. Build that wall.

Anti-Trump tards.

Attack him for doing what he says, attack him for being too aggressive, attack him for not being aggressive enough, attack him for reconsidering....

No matter what he did, you would attack him.

You have no credibility.

Well, many on the left will tell you I am not one of them but he was wrong making that threat.

Work on a solution and fix the issue but making the threat to close a border that will cost Texas nearly a billion a day, well that is just not dumb but beyond f'ing retarded.

If Trump had followed through and shut down the border the same people would be on here bitching about him doing that.

I am very upset because I wanted to see Rome burn...

His threat was not needed and he should just work on a plan that can actually not crush to Economies that could throw America into a depression...

Trump made an incredibly boneheaded threat, once again exposing his massive ignorance. This is what happens when you hire a game show host to run the most powerful nation in the world. This is a guy who should be running a circus like Italy or Belgium, not the US.

Someone must have sat Dotard Donny down and explained to him the facts of life, and so he has had to reverse himself. He knows the Rube Herd doesn't have a memory and will forget his threat a year from now. Shit, they'll forget by this weekend.

Trump needs to stop the import of foreign made goods!

Oh, wait...

trump-made-in-mexico.jpg

Anti-Trump tards.

Attack him for doing what he says, attack him for being too aggressive, attack him for not being aggressive enough, attack him for reconsidering....

You have no credibility.

Haha it's true, they will continue to attack him from all side. Hilariously delicious whine, considering how many false narratives the Pseudo-conned still believe and parrot about President Obama.

If Trump had followed through and shut down the border the same people would be on here bitching about him doing that.

His threat was not needed and he should just work on a plan that can actually not crush to Economies that could throw America into a depression...
Before you can work on a plan you have to have Congress that actually want to solve the problem. Both parties have ignored this for decades and neither the current Republicans or Democrats in Congress have shown anything to suggest they will be any different.

'President Trump has punted on his plans for closing the southern border, telling a group of reporters on Thursday that he will give Mexico a year to stop the flow of migrants and drugs into the US. If they fail on either count, Trump will either slap tariffs on Mexican-made cars or close the border entirely.

"You know I will do it. I don’t play games...so we’re doing it to stop people. We’re gonna give them a one year warning, and if the drugs don’t stop, or largely stop, we’re going to put tariffs on Mexico and products, in particular cars. The whole ballgame is cars....and if that doesn’t stop the drugs, we close the border."

It was unclear whether an agreement with Congressional Democrats would also be a condition for the border closure, after Trump said Tuesday that Congress needed to get rid of chain migration, catch and release and the visa lottery and "do something about asylum" or he would still consider closing the border. "If Mexico doesn't or we don't make a deal with Congress, the border will be closed."

Over the past week, Trump has repeatedly threatened to close the Southern border, even saying that he might do so as soon as this week. His acting chief of staff took to the Sunday shows over the weekend to warn that Trump was serious about the threat, and media reports claimed the White House was looking into various plans.

The decision to back down from an immediate closure order followed complaints from several Republican Senators from border states, including John Cornyn and Martha McSally.

The peso has rallied on the news as pressure from a possible border closure eased.'

I see putin and the russians are still in venezuela....

is this yet another bit of evidence of trumps collusion with russia?

A REAL PATRIOTIC president would have kicked the russians out by now.

Putin must have something REAL BAD on trump....

I 'spose he could do what every other president has done, and that is nothing. :rolleyes-41:
Dems always want instant gratification, it seems.

Trump made an incredibly boneheaded threat, once again exposing his massive ignorance. This is what happens when you hire a game show host to run the most powerful nation in the world. This is a guy who should be running a circus like Italy or Belgium, not the US.

Someone must have sat Dotard Donny down and explained to him the facts of life, and so he has had to reverse himself. He knows the Rube Herd doesn't have a memory and will forget his threat a year from now. Shit, they'll forget by this weekend.

No fucking way. A game show host would have more sense. Now a WWE promoter, that's the job for Trumpybear.

It's real, it's very real......

There is hope.

Before you can work on a plan you have to have Congress that actually want to solve the problem. Both parties have ignored this for decades and neither the current Republicans or Democrats in Congress have shown anything to suggest they will be any different.

Incorrect. 2013. Comprehensive Immogration Reform passed the Senate. Boehner refused to bring it to the floor.

Try harder.

Trump is being distracted of his threats to Mexico by his threats to the American people that the GOP will not replace ACA that he is destroying, unless they reelect him in 2020.

Anti-Trump tards.

You have no credibility.

Trump has no credibility.
All he does is lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen him attack someone for doing what he wants them to do, so he has infinitely more credibility that you lefties.

You know, my point. That you "replied" to, but did not actually address. At all. Even a little.

Anti-Trump tards.

You have no credibility.

Well, many on the left will tell you I am not one of them but he was wrong making that threat.

Work on a solution and fix the issue but making the threat to close a border that will cost Texas nearly a billion a day, well that is just not dumb but beyond f'ing retarded.

DO you believe that Mexico is willing to work on the problem in good faith? What about the dems? Hell, what about the fucking GOP?

Forum List

Back