Trump Removed from Maine Primary Ballot

LOL...............looks like your shit out of luck.....Look it up, took Obama two/three tries.for the same verbiage Biden has tossed under the bus.
I have no idea what the fuck you’re posting about dell.

Another day and another state to recognize trump for what he is...a treasonous insurretionist.
Both states cited Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment, which states in part that individuals who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" should be disqualified from holding office.

Why did the GOV of Maine do it?

Under Maine law, when I qualified Mr. Trump for the ballot, any registered voter had the right to challenge that qualification. Five voters did so, including two former Republican state senators. And then I was required under the statute, under the law, to hold a hearing and issue a decision, and do so within a very compressed timeline. So this wasn't something I initiated, but it's something that's required under Maine election law.

events of January 6, 2021 — and we all witnessed them — they were unprecedented. They were tragic. But they were an attack not only upon the capital and government officials, but also an attack on the rule of law, on the peaceful transfer of power. And the evidence presented at the hearing demonstrated that they occurred at the behest of, and with the knowledge and support of, the outgoing president. And the United States Constitution does not tolerate an assault on the foundations of our government. And under Maine election law, I was required to act in response.

So I encourage people to read my decision, and also read very carefully Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. It doesn't say "convict." It doesn't say "convicted" or "impeached." But furthermore, here's what's very, very important: In my decision, I made clear this is part of Maine's process. It now goes to Maine Superior Court. Mr. Trump may, and will, appeal to Superior Court. Then it goes to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, and then to the U.S. Supreme Court. And I voluntarily suspended the effect of my decision pending that court process, because we are a nation governed by the constitution of rule of law. And that is extraordinarily important.

So I can't agree more with representative Golden that it's the rule of law that matters. And in Maine, under our election laws, the only recourse for the voters seeking to challenge Mr. Trump's qualifications was to bring that challenge to the secretary of state — to me — and I was required to do my job to hold a hearing to review the evidence and issue a decision. And that begins the process in our state.

SECTION 3 OF THE 14th AMENDMENT
Read Section 5, Dipsqueeze.

First of all, Trump has never even been charged with the crime of insurrection.

A CO civil court judge or Maine SOS has no enforcement power. Only Congress is listed in the 14th as having the power to enforce it.

:oops8:

Both states cited Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment, which states in part that individuals who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" should be disqualified from holding office.

Why did the GOV of Maine do it?

Under Maine law, when I qualified Mr. Trump for the ballot, any registered voter had the right to challenge that qualification. Five voters did so, including two former Republican state senators. And then I was required under the statute, under the law, to hold a hearing and issue a decision, and do so within a very compressed timeline. So this wasn't something I initiated, but it's something that's required under Maine election law.

events of January 6, 2021 — and we all witnessed them — they were unprecedented. They were tragic. But they were an attack not only upon the capital and government officials, but also an attack on the rule of law, on the peaceful transfer of power. And the evidence presented at the hearing demonstrated that they occurred at the behest of, and with the knowledge and support of, the outgoing president. And the United States Constitution does not tolerate an assault on the foundations of our government. And under Maine election law, I was required to act in response.

So I encourage people to read my decision, and also read very carefully Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. It doesn't say "convict." It doesn't say "convicted" or "impeached." But furthermore, here's what's very, very important: In my decision, I made clear this is part of Maine's process. It now goes to Maine Superior Court. Mr. Trump may, and will, appeal to Superior Court. Then it goes to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, and then to the U.S. Supreme Court. And I voluntarily suspended the effect of my decision pending that court process, because we are a nation governed by the constitution of rule of law. And that is extraordinarily important.

So I can't agree more with representative Golden that it's the rule of law that matters. And in Maine, under our election laws, the only recourse for the voters seeking to challenge Mr. Trump's qualifications was to bring that challenge to the secretary of state — to me — and I was required to do my job to hold a hearing to review the evidence and issue a decision. And that begins the process in our state.
She has zero enforcement ability regarding the 14th, Simp. Section 5 of the 14th clearly gives that power only to Congress.

:oops8:

Link us up to these criminal charges and convictions, Simp.

Forum List

Back