Trump Removed from Maine Primary Ballot

2 impeachments where the majority of the Senate voted to convict. Getting voted out of office, being found liable for rape, and indictments on 91 felony counts is not failure. It is going to be very difficult for SCOTUS to overturn this.
9-0 bookmark this.

And the Supreme Court will shoot it down most likely in an 9-0 or 8-1 ruling and this person along with any others who do this will look like bigger world class fools than they already do.
Nah, it's probably not going to go like that.

Couldn't you spell autocracy?
It's just not a good look. You want him off the ballot because you're afraid voters will prefer an unhinged, populist, "insurrectionist" to your shitty candidate. Weak. Weak and worthless.

On what constitutional basis would Republican states have for barring Biden?
Oh please. You libturds have established that no basis of any kind is required.

And you don't think that the Neo-GOP of Maine has the right to file an appeal with the courts? Psst, this isn't Russia.
Appeal means there was a lower court decision. There wasn't. She simply ruled "He's gone" LOL

Them damn Yankees, them blue-bellies.
They didn't get Shohei Ohtani, or Tyler Glasnow, or Fukimato, or whatever the hell his name is - the Japanese pitcher. I don't know what's happened to the Yankees. Bad front office. Bad ownership.

Every state has their own rules and laws. Some go further in their prescriptions than others. Colorado was compelled to rule as they did because of the Colorado state constitution. Michigan, otoh, did not have similar language or similar riles and laws. Therefore, they couldn't take Trump off the ballot under their state constitution.

So it's not "bad look". And that just implies that it's political and not on the level. I do not agree.
Yeah, I know. Judges do this sort of thing...judge someone’s worthiness--usually without such fanfare. Didn’t that whack job who cleaned screens during the election in Detroit who Rudy had to shush during a hearing get kicked off a ballot? Yeah; this is what they do.

Now...if Trump is convicted of something and state law says that the conviction is a bar against holding office...that is different. Trump hasn’t been convicted. This is a judge and a court making a ruling.

My issue is that the voters should always be the decider of if they want to vote for someone or not. If they want to elect a slime ball; they can elect a slime ball.

SCOTUS will overturn this bullshit also.
Not necessarily. In any event, they will have to cement the definition of insurrection if they hope to retain any respect. They cannot decree one way or the other, then not explain themselves and point to the solution Congress must work toward.

I just talked to someone from Maine, they (residents) are already going to be suing via one of her own promises regarding obstruction of voters rights.
I gave her a further strategy that includes criminal charges that will allow subpoena of her transcript discussions with Biden and his testimony to what they talked about... This should be fun... .
You're welcome!

Nah, it's probably not going to go like that.
Colorado is already backtracking so yeah it probably will. All the TDS obsessed who can't see anything beyond Trump better hope it does because that precedent won't end with Trump just as partisan impeachments didn't.

It's snowballing. There will be more states disqualifying him. It's also a kick in the butt at SCOTUS, telling them they can't slow-walk this.

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, making it the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows (D) is sure to be appealed. The Colorado Supreme Court last week found Trump could not appear on the ballot in that state, and the Colorado Republican Party has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case. The nation’s high court could resolve for all states whether Trump can run again.
Not surprised to see demafacist ran states do this. If you can’t beat him, keep the people from voting.

Leftist regimes throughout history of done this

Forum List

Back