Trump says foreign college graduates should automatically get green cards

You know very little about trump supporters
I know that they don’t know how to respond when they realize that they’re attacking me for something their fellow Trump supporter also believes.

I also know that they would never debate each other directly, even though they have completely different positions. They would rather argue with each other through me than with each other directly.

Very common. I’m happy to help play along.

After so long spent hearing enemy democrats twist and misquote Trump, I would have to hear him personally make this pitch. Particularly since the college tuition costs for foreigners is quite high. These students are from moneyed backgrounds. Why would they want to stay here with a green card?
Why wouldn't they?

If you came here and spent four years getting a degree we could use and never got arrested then sure. You can have a two year green card. I don’t see the problem.
Isn't a green card, the specific immigration card to obtain U.S. citizenship in 5 years?

Isn't a green card, the specific immigration card to obtain U.S. citizenship in 5 years?
It's a permanent resident card, and it does not necessarily lead to citizenship. Applying for citizenship is a separate process.

I know that they don’t know how to respond when they realize that they’re attacking me for something their fellow Trump supporter also believes.

I also know that they would never debate each other directly, even though they have completely different positions. They would rather argue with each other through me than with each other directly.

Very common. I’m happy to help play along.
You’re correct that I dont belabor minor differences of opinion with my fellow conservatives/MAGAs

As I said, its impossible to agree 100% of the time

It’s not what he’s proposing
I dont have a link to the entire trump podcast

Only the 15 second clip you provided and I gave you my response to that in post #42

What is it about post 42 that you dont understand?

This is not a terrible idea. It’s stupid that we spend money educating foreign students and then kick them out of the country.
"We" don't spend money on them. State U charges them about 3 times more than what an instate student pays for tuition.

At first, Trump spoke about giving every college graduate a green card to stay in the country when he was questioned (39:39). But he gradually narrowed it down to graduates from top American schools such as Harvard and MIT or those graduated at the top of a class, which seems to be his real intention.

(1:37) Economy: Regulation, taxes, tariffs, taming inflation, de-dollarization

(12:02) Federal debt: growth, spend control, where to cut, role of energy, nuclear

(20:22) Foreign policy: Ukraine/Russia

(25:05) Foreign policy: Israel/Palestine

(28:13) Abortion: Stance on a national ban

(31:09) Foreign policy: China

(32:33) COVID: Origins, Fauci relationship, deep state, bad deals

(39:39) Border: Wall, immigration, H-1Bs, recruiting global talent

"But he gradually narrowed it down to graduates from top American schools such as Harvard and MIT or those graduated at the top of a class, which seems to be his real intention."

I am OK with that. The issue with foreign students is that they pay 3 times what an instate student pays at State U so naturally State U will discriminate against Americans in admissions because they make so much more $$$.

Trump is floating a policy that foreign students who come here for college and graduate with a degree should automatically receive a green card upon graduation. I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

We’d be flooded by immigrants, making the southern border look like a ghost town, but helping out Americans with their student loans is a no-go!

#JUSTTRYIN2SEEWHATSTICKS

Forum List

Back