Trump says foreign college graduates should automatically get green cards

Trump is floating a policy that foreign students who come here for college and graduate with a degree should automatically receive a green card upon graduation. I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

I approve if we limit the green cards to graduates with a degree in STEM fields

Aka Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics

Trump is floating a policy that foreign students who come here for college and graduate with a degree should automatically receive a green card upon graduation. I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

If you came here and spent four years getting a degree we could use and never got arrested then sure. You can have a two year green card. I don’t see the problem.

If they have useful degrees, we should probably consider it.
None from enemy countries. No Muslims.

At first, Trump spoke about giving every college graduate a green card to stay in the country when he was questioned (39:39). But he gradually narrowed it down to graduates from top American schools such as Harvard and MIT or those graduated at the top of a class, which seems to be his real intention.

(1:37) Economy: Regulation, taxes, tariffs, taming inflation, de-dollarization

(12:02) Federal debt: growth, spend control, where to cut, role of energy, nuclear

(20:22) Foreign policy: Ukraine/Russia

(25:05) Foreign policy: Israel/Palestine

(28:13) Abortion: Stance on a national ban

(31:09) Foreign policy: China

(32:33) COVID: Origins, Fauci relationship, deep state, bad deals

(39:39) Border: Wall, immigration, H-1Bs, recruiting global talent

Last edited:
After so long spent hearing enemy democrats twist and misquote Trump, I would have to hear him personally make this pitch. Particularly since the college tuition costs for foreigners is quite high. These students are from moneyed backgrounds. Why would they want to stay here with a green card?

One of you thinks it’s a retarded idea. One of you likes the idea. Interesting.
People are different!
wow-oh-my-god.gif

People are different!
They sure are.

Apparently your fellow Trumpsters don't care about the dangers of letting spies and terrorists into the country if they have a college degree in a desired field.

I assume they think that the benefits of professionals with these important skills out-weigh the potential dangers that concern you so much.

Forum List

Back