Trump Seeks To Calm Markets

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, media-averting Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

Trump floats payroll tax cut, other financial relief amid coronavirus outbreak

I suspect the stock market will react positively to this development. I hope so.

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

It's irrelevant what Trump does, or wants to do, or doesn't do. The leftists will find fault with it.

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

It's irrelevant what Trump does, or wants to do, or doesn't do. The leftists will find fault with it.
In 2010, Obama cut payroll taxes by 2 percent to help recover from the recession. So the Left can't attack Trump for doing the same.

I wonder how the Right will twist their minds into accepting a government bailout of the corporate world...

It's the third plan which has me the most curious. How can you support people who have to stay home without being wide open to waste, fraud, and abuse?

There would have to be some kind of required proof. A positive coronavirus test result from your doctor or something.

So Trump better get those tests out there STAT.

In 2010, Obama cut payroll taxes by 2 percent to help recover from the recession. So the Left can't attack Trump for doing the same.

I wonder how the Right will twist their minds into accepting a government bailout of the corporate world...

It's the third plan which has me the most curious. How can you support people who have to stay home without being wide open to waste, fraud, and abuse?

There would have to be some kind of required proof. A positive coronavirus test result from your doctor or something.

Nah. You're reading too much into this. Between 50,000 and 70,000 people die from the flu every year. And yet life goes on.

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, media-averting Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

My only question here is, why didn't you warn of all of this market crash like you did the "market crash' of last Monday when it went up 1200 points?

:iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

This reminds me of the second Bush tax cut after the housing market started to collapse. There are some things tax cuts don't fix. This is something out of control of a President or any policy he could develop. All we can really do is wait it out. Spring is around the corner and this thing just might wipe itself out. Nobody knows. There were three diagnosed cases in my county discovered today.

Nah. You're reading too much into this. Between 50,000 and 70,000 people die from the flu every year. And yet life goes on.
Covid-19 is at least ten times more fatal than the flu.

If it is not contained, or does not die out on its own, we are looking at millions of deaths in the US.

There will be a bailout for Wall Street but don't worry, there will be nothing whatsoever for the normal everyday working people. There never is.

How will a tax break do anything if people are staying home to stay out of crowds,,,,,,

If it is not contained, or does not die out on its own, we are looking at millions of deaths in the US.
just stop......

just stop......
Let's hope it does!

They really don't have enough data to even make an educated guess, but, you go ahead and do the fear mongering for your minions, derp.

Much like the flu, the people at risk for death are the elderly and those that have chronic diseases. Millions? I don't think so. I also watched some of Lou Dobbs tonight, and one guest claims a company has a vaccine, however it takes almost a year of red tape to have it approved for the market. I'm just assuming they are working 24/7 to get all the testing and paperwork completed.

Much like the flu, the people at risk for death are the elderly and those that have chronic diseases. Millions? I don't think so. I also watched some of Lou Dobbs tonight, and one guest claims a company has a vaccine, however it takes almost a year of red tape to have it approved for the market. I'm just assuming they are working 24/7 to get all the testing and paperwork completed.
You can be 99 percent sure anything you hear on Lou Dobbs is unadulterated horseshit.

just stop......
Let's hope it does!
Let me know when it hits a millions in China.....or Iran

Dow futures are up 600 points. So maybe the markets are reacting to Trump's presser.

Could be another dead cat bounce.

The problem I see, is the Republicans already did a huge tax cut package early in Trump’s term, and that loss in revenue has added to the looming deficit. Which also negatively affects the market...so adding yet another tax cut might be too much.

Dow futures are up 600 points. So maybe the markets are reacting to Trump's presser.

Could be another dead cat bounce.

I'm hoping today was "capitulation", and the MF chikin-shits can start buying back in.
I golfed today, and the sky was filled with jet liners.
So I'm thinking that travelers are being screened before boarding planes?
Whatever, the planes are flying, damn the COVID-19, full speed ahead!

The problem I see, is the Republicans already did a huge tax cut package early in Trump’s term, and that loss in revenue has added to the looming deficit. Which also negatively affects the market...so adding yet another tax cut might be too much.
A payroll tax cut puts a little more money in the working man's pocket. If you give a guy an extra 20 bucks, he will spend it instead of hoarding it. So that's a boost to the consumer economy, unlike the prior Trump tax cut.

It does, of course, shortchange the Social Security and Medicare systems.

Forum List

Back