Trump Seeks To Calm Markets

And I don't have to explain how some taxes are good, for public services. Pay attention dude, people already realize that. Randian fools have a hard time grasping it, though.

That hidden and regressive inflation tax is a son of a gun. And they don't even have to vote on it.

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

Trump floats payroll tax cut, other financial relief amid coronavirus outbreak
It's irrelevant what Trump does, or wants to do, or doesn't do. The leftists will find fault with it.
In 2010, Obama cut payroll taxes by 2 percent to help recover from the recession. So the Left can't attack Trump for doing the same.

I wonder how the Right will twist their minds into accepting a government bailout of the corporate world...

It's the third plan which has me the most curious. How can you support people who have to stay home without being wide open to waste, fraud, and abuse?

There would have to be some kind of required proof. A positive coronavirus test result from your doctor or something.

So Trump better get those tests out there STAT.

Has a familiar ring to it...doesn't it????? Welfare maybe??

*newsflash* Trump doesn't make those tests

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

It's irrelevant what Trump does, or wants to do, or doesn't do. The leftists will find fault with it.
In 2010, Obama cut payroll taxes by 2 percent to help recover from the recession. So the Left can't attack Trump for doing the same.

I wonder how the Right will twist their minds into accepting a government bailout of the corporate world...

It's the third plan which has me the most curious. How can you support people who have to stay home without being wide open to waste, fraud, and abuse?

There would have to be some kind of required proof. A positive coronavirus test result from your doctor or something.

So Trump better get those tests out there STAT.
Nah. You're reading too much into this. Between 50,000 and 70,000 people die from the flu every year. And yet life goes on.
Covid-19 is at least ten times more fatal than the flu.

If it is not contained, or does not die out on its own, we are looking at millions of deaths in the US.

Oh FFS,,,,,,,stay away from the headlines from the lying MSM. That shit will rot your brain from the inside out.

Those at high risk from CDC AKA Center for Disease Control

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Early information out of China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes:

• Older adults
  • People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
    • Heart disease
    • Diabetes
    • Lung disease
Take a look at the actual numbers by comparison from John Hopkins...….

Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu

Infections
COVID-19: Approximately 113,579 cases worldwide; 607 cases in the U.S. as of Mar. 9, 2020.

Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths
COVID-19: Approximately 3,995 deaths reported worldwide; 22 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 9, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

You want to play numbers? Your mortality rate for COVID-19 sits at 3.5%. Assume it's high. let's peg it at 2%. nowm assume 20% of the population gets infected. At a 2% mortality rate, that is still 1.4M dead.
In the US alone.

I noticed something interesting today. The markets cratered when they opened, but then they started to bounce up and down and while it looked bad, it looked like it might be able to bounce back.

Then.........................Trump started speaking at his news conference. My roomie started looking at the market websites and said they were dropping again, so I switched over to a market channel where they were also broadcasting Trump's presser. The market dropped the entire time he was trying to reassure people that we had this covered.

I noticed something interesting today. The markets cratered when they opened, but then they started to bounce up and down and while it looked bad, it looked like it might be able to bounce back.

Then.........................Trump started speaking at his news conference. My roomie started looking at the market websites and said they were dropping again, so I switched over to a market channel where they were also broadcasting Trump's presser. The market dropped the entire time he was trying to reassure people that we had this covered.

The markets are going to be like that for a while until this blows over regardless if Trump speaks or not. How you people think that investors are basing their investment decisions by what Trump says is as ridiculous as it gets.

The markets are going to be like that for a while until this blows over regardless if Trump speaks or not. How you people think that investors are basing their investment decisions by what Trump says is as ridiculous as it gets.
No one has faith in anything Trump says or does He rated himself a ten on doing very well I rate him a 10 on the dick meter

You want to play numbers? Your mortality rate for COVID-19 sits at 3.5%. Assume it's high. let's peg it at 2%. nowm assume 20% of the population gets infected. At a 2% mortality rate, that is still 1.4M dead.
In the US alone.
What people really need to grasp is that the morbidity rate doesn't happen in a vacuum. It 100% depends on the care people get, and when they get it.

Do libertarian economists ever pause and wonder why nobody takes them seriously?

Nope. Not even for a second. We know how Keynesian economic policy ends. All you have to do is look around at what's happening.

Do or do not. Doesn't affect our day in any way.

Last edited:

They find fault because there is fault.

No one has faith in anything Trump says or does He rated himself a ten on doing very well I rate him a 10 on the dick meter

I guess we'll find out how people rate him next election.

Nope. Not even for a second. We know how Keynesian economic policy ends. All you have to do is look around at what's happening.
Said magnanimous libertarians to empty rooms in 1930

and 1940

and 1950

and 1960

and 1970

and 1980

and 1990

and 2000

and 2010

and...

Forum List

Back