Trump set to order construction of Mexican border wall

sometimes military action is the answer, sometimes the answer is diplomatic. My concern is if he knows the difference. Hopefully he will actually listen to the advisers that he surrounded himself with. If he listens to the advisers, there is a good chance he is going to come out looking like a hero. if not??? no telling how deep that pile of poo is till you jump right on in.

Meh... you worry too much. We have the most advanced military in the world. We can wipe out most of our enemies without putting a boot on the ground.
maybe that is the reason for concern.

Well, I have said it for years... what we need to do with the Middle East is create one big giant glass fishbowl. I guarantee, a big ol' nuclear crater where the Iranian Presidential Palace once sat, would straighten out their problems with us. Of course, we're never going to actually DO something like this, we're far too humanitarian.

Why do people waste time posting stupid shit like this? Indulging adolescent emotions? Drama queen bullshit like this never advanced a discussion.

Well, no drama queen bullshit, like I said, we'll never do it. But look... if back in 1979, when this radical Islamic demon reared it's ugly head, we had dropped a tactical nuke on Tehran, we would have saved countless millions of lives and property damage, 9/11 would have never happened, there would have never been an alQaeda, Bin Laden, ISIS or Muslim Brotherhood... at least 3 wars wouldn't have happened, probably more like 6-7 worldwide... most of the middle east with maybe the exception of the Saudi kingdom would be vibrant westernized democracy.

But no... we had to try and pussy foot around with a "diplomatic" solution with radicals who understand nothing but brute force and everything else is weakness.

Get ready for your tax dollars to be in the garbage. I think only Trump supporters should be only made to pay for wall.

Awww... poor little thing. It'll be okay! We can always pay for it with the money we're going to save from not funding your abortions and birth control.

sometimes military action is the answer, sometimes the answer is diplomatic. My concern is if he knows the difference. Hopefully he will actually listen to the advisers that he surrounded himself with. If he listens to the advisers, there is a good chance he is going to come out looking like a hero. if not??? no telling how deep that pile of poo is till you jump right on in.

Meh... you worry too much. We have the most advanced military in the world. We can wipe out most of our enemies without putting a boot on the ground.

Well, I have said it for years... what we need to do with the Middle East is create one big giant glass fishbowl. I guarantee, a big ol' nuclear crater where the Iranian Presidential Palace once sat, would straighten out their problems with us. Of course, we're never going to actually DO something like this, we're far too humanitarian.

Why do people waste time posting stupid shit like this? Indulging adolescent emotions? Drama queen bullshit like this never advanced a discussion.
In two days he has done more to benefit America than did Obama in eight years.
there is no question in the fact that he has already out done obama when it comes to the good of the country.
if he keeps this up and we dont get any surprises from the middle east, I think he might actually be able to turn this country back around.
Make America Great Again could end up being more than a cheesy campaign slogan.

I won't pretend to speak for all of you but I have always and will always bitch about a presidents ability to spend taxpayer money by way of executive order. We elected representatives to control our taxes not a king.

Executive orders should have no power beyond ceremonial bullshit.
I'm sitting here wondering which stock to buy that would be associated with this immense construction project! The insiders already know...Trump has told them. If he doesn't use the US Army Corp of Engineers and opts for private construction, this may turn out to be the biggest heist in world history!

Investments in the wall as a private enterprise.

There is another possible angle to minimize use of public funds. If Trump can attract enough investors from around the world with promises of hefty returns on their investments, he might be able to pull off a pyramid scheme of some kind.

Well, no drama queen bullshit, like I said, we'll never do it. But look... if back in 1979, when this radical Islamic demon reared it's ugly head, we had dropped a tactical nuke on Tehran, we would have saved countless millions of lives and property damage, 9/11 would have never happened, there would have never been an alQaeda, Bin Laden, ISIS or Muslim Brotherhood... at least 3 wars wouldn't have happened, probably more like 6-7 worldwide... most of the middle east with maybe the exception of the Saudi kingdom would be vibrant westernized democracy.

But no... we had to try and pussy foot around with a "diplomatic" solution with radicals who understand nothing but brute force and everything else is weakness.
You would advocate dropping nuclear weapons on people that have never done you any harm,what's next, you want to release biological warfare, peel the skin off humans and make a lampshade, huh?

there is no question in the fact that he has already out done obama when it comes to the good of the country.
if he keeps this up and we dont get any surprises from the middle east, I think he might actually be able to turn this country back around.
BS..Obama was handed a country on the verge of economic collapse.. Obama saved America and replenished our economic vitality. That is what he handed TRUMP> Trump ain't done SHIT by comparison,,,

Get ready for your tax dollars to be in the garbage. I think only Trump supporters should be only made to pay for wall.

Awww... poor little thing. It'll be okay! We can always pay for it with the money we're going to save from not funding your abortions and birth control.
How much did that amount to?

We haven't seen anyone like this in some time. I don't even remember Reagan going so hard from day one as Trump has. This is refreshing and invigorating to watch, no question.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/trump-to-begin-plans-for-border-wall-with-mexico/

It’s finally time to build the wall.

President Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, according to a report.

White House officials told the New York Times that the billionaire is expected to sign the executive order — directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure — during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security.

Building a wall on the border of Mexico was one of Trump’s biggest promises during his campaign. He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States today.

“Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

While the wall won’t be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President is also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that are deemed “terror prone.”
"federal funds." i.e., Monies collected from U.S. tax revenue.

That have already been appropriated.
1 main reason U.S. border wall hasn’t been built
So? Still monies collected from U. S. tax revenue.

So? Mexico will be reimbursing us.

BS..Obama was handed a country on the verge of economic collapse.. Obama saved America and replenished our economic vitality. That is what he handed TRUMP> Trump ain't done SHIT by comparison,,,
Obama didn't save anything. Recovery after a recession is the normal state of affairs. Obama's recovery has been the slowest since the Great Depression.

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls and requires 60 votes.

He literally will have to get Mexico to pay for it unless he has something for Democrats (his rightwing yahoos will hate bigly) to trade up for.
Budget votes only require 51 votes, moron. Trump can easily get that.

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

I bet he builds it for under $15 billion, the funding is not a problem, and he has never said the entire border would be an actual wall. Again... why don't you pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch the man show you how it's done? I mean, that would be far better than all this breathless ranting.
I think he plans to build about 1600 miles of wall.

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

I bet he builds it for under $15 billion, the funding is not a problem, and he has never said the entire border would be an actual wall. Again... why don't you pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch the man show you how it's done? I mean, that would be far better than all this breathless ranting.

You bet? Reassuring.

Which number is bigger though, 1.2 billion or 15 billion? Where do you think this funding will come from?
$!5 billion is pocket change compared to our budget and the amount we spend on illegals every year.

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls.
The wall was approved by congress in 2006, the money was included (at least enough to start the wall) in the 2007 budget.
He has the budget already approved and waiting, what the building of the wall was missing was the ok to start.
Looks like thats being taken care of now. Trump can start the wall with an EO,.

read my post again, I did not say he could complete the wall, I said he could start the wall. But it is interesting, the wall was originally going to cost 1.2 billion to build, now its 15 billion. thats like 13.8 billion more, then take he estimated 20 billion a year that we have continued to lose as its sent across the border multiply that by the 11 years that the dems have fought to stop it from being build, and you come up with something like 238 billion dollars that we could have saved f only the democrats were not so intent on protecting their new voters. Thats an awful lot of money that the dems have spent per hispanic vote.
You're not including the $120 billion we spend every year paying for social services for illegals.

.... Obama saved America and replenished our economic vitality. ...,,

:lmao: and you wonder why you clowns got smacked down.

Then let's make Democrats pay for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Welfare.

Forum List

Back