Trump set to order construction of Mexican border wall

I won't pretend to speak for all of you but I have always and will always bitch about a presidents ability to spend taxpayer money by way of executive order. We elected representatives to control our taxes not a king.

Executive orders should have no power beyond ceremonial bullshit.

So? Still monies collected from U. S. tax revenue.

Under the last admin maybe....
And still ... monies collected from U.S. tax revenue.

If they use the already appropriated funds whats the problem?
I don't understand why you think it matters when the funds were appropriated? What matters is that it's being paid for with U.S. tax dollars. All of it.

I dont understand why you cant figure out how easy it will be for the U.S. to make beanerville to pay for it?
Not sure what "beanerville" is but it's still being funded by U.S. tax revenue.

Under the last admin maybe....

I don't understand why you think it matters when the funds were appropriated? What matters is that it's being paid for with U.S. tax dollars. All of it.

I dont understand why you cant figure out how easy it will be for the U.S. to make beanerville to pay for it?

I guess I shouldnt be surprised that you dont understand....

We haven't seen anyone like this in some time. I don't even remember Reagan going so hard from day one as Trump has. This is refreshing and invigorating to watch, no question.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/trump-to-begin-plans-for-border-wall-with-mexico/

It’s finally time to build the wall.

President Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, according to a report.

White House officials told the New York Times that the billionaire is expected to sign the executive order — directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure — during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security.

Building a wall on the border of Mexico was one of Trump’s biggest promises during his campaign. He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States today.

“Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

While the wall won’t be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President is also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that are deemed “terror prone.”

Refreshing because.... he's doing stuff that he has no idea why or what for, but he feels like it?

I guess I shouldnt be surprised that you dont understand....
LOLOL

you think appropriation funds aren't collected from tax payers?

We haven't seen anyone like this in some time. I don't even remember Reagan going so hard from day one as Trump has. This is refreshing and invigorating to watch, no question.

President Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, according to a report.

White House officials told the New York Times that the billionaire is expected to sign the executive order — directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure — during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security.

Building a wall on the border of Mexico was one of Trump’s biggest promises during his campaign. He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States today.

“Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

While the wall won’t be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President is also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that are deemed “terror prone.”
The majority of the American people polled do not think this wall is necessary. He is doing it by EO because he is going against the will of the American people. This is being done by a man who could not get the majority of the American people to vote for him.

The majority of the American people polled do not think this wall is necessary. He is doing it by EO because he is going against the will of the American people. This is being done by a man who could not get the majority of the American people to vote for him.

LMAOooo... Noooo... Actually, he is doing it by EO because he can. It has already been voted on by Congress. He's doing it against the will of anti-American snowflakes, that's for damn sure.

Man.... this must really be agonizing for the left to have to sit there every day and watch all of these things change so quickly.... and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Someone might want to put her on suicide watch tomorrow.

Action, Action, Action. That will be the prevailing method of the day and it's clear he expects everyone on his team to work hard to perform the same way, He could have so much already accomplished in 100 days that even his harshest critics will be in awe. Dealing with major issues, on the ground running.
Im happy that he is following through, and to be honest Im impressed.
but these things show he was at least trying to tell the truth about what he would do.
To me his real test isnt coming from the U.S, sooner or later he is going to be tested on an international level and that is what will determine his ability.
How will he react when some terrorist nation or faction poses an immediate threat is what is going to be interesting. He only gets one chance to get it right.

depends on who you poll, if you poll people in an area that is not flooded with illegals, they might tend to wonder what all the fuss is about, the illegals are not even noticeable in public, if you poll someone that lives in an area like I do that is saturated with illegals, they might be wondering why its taking so long to block off the flow of a large number off border jumpers.The majority of people that live in flooded areas are going to look at the wall differently

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls and requires 60 votes.

He literally will have to get Mexico to pay for it unless he has something for Democrats (his rightwing yahoos will hate bigly) to trade up for.

How will he react when some terrorist nation or faction poses an immediate threat is what is going to be interesting. He only gets one chance to get it right.

Uhm... I think with Mad Dog Mattis in charge, they best think twice about pissing in our Cheerios.

But you are probably right, sooner or later some third-world idiot is going to misunderstand this isn't the Obama administration and they're going to test the waters. I kind of preemptively feel sorry for them.

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls.
The wall was approved by congress in 2006, the money was included (at least enough to start the wall) in the 2007 budget.
He has the budget already approved and waiting, what the building of the wall was missing was the ok to start.
Looks like thats being taken care of now. Trump can start the wall with an EO,.

Uhm... I think with Mad Dog Mattis in charge, they best think twice about pissing in our Cheerios.

But you are probably right, sooner or later some third-world idiot is going to misunderstand this isn't the Obama administration and they're going to test the waters. I kind of preemptively feel sorry for them.
sometimes military action is the answer, sometimes the answer is diplomatic. My concern is if he knows the difference. Hopefully he will actually listen to the advisers that he surrounded himself with. If he listens to the advisers, there is a good chance he is going to come out looking like a hero. if not??? no telling how deep that pile of poo is till you jump right on in.

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls.
The wall was approved by congress in 2006, the money was included (at least enough to start the wall) in the 2007 budget.
He has the budget already approved and waiting, what the building of the wall was missing was the ok to start.
Looks like thats being taken care of now. Trump can start the wall with an EO,.

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

No he can't. Do you read english??

He can go window shopping for a wall tomorrow.

Like I said, watch and see. The wall will begin being built tomorrow. Yes, it's going to take time... it won't be finished by 5pm, and I guess you snowflakes can flock here and crow about that "failure" if it makes you feel better. :dunno:

No he can't. Do you read english??

He can go window shopping for a wall tomorrow.

Like I said, watch and see. The wall will begin being built tomorrow. Yes, it's going to take time... it won't be finished by 5pm, and I guess you snowflakes can flock here and crow about that "failure" if it makes you feel better. :dunno:

I guess you can also say the wall began to be built a year ago when Trump promised it first or maybe 2006 when fence act was first passed :rolleyes:

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

I bet he builds it for under $15 billion, the funding is not a problem, and he has never said the entire border would be an actual wall. Again... why don't you pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch the man show you how it's done? I mean, that would be far better than all this breathless ranting.

Forum List

Back