Trump set to order construction of Mexican border wall

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

I bet he builds it for under $15 billion, the funding is not a problem, and he has never said the entire border would be an actual wall. Again... why don't you pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch the man show you how it's done? I mean, that would be far better than all this breathless ranting.

You bet? Reassuring.

Which number is bigger though, 1.2 billion or 15 billion? Where do you think this funding will come from?

sometimes military action is the answer, sometimes the answer is diplomatic. My concern is if he knows the difference. Hopefully he will actually listen to the advisers that he surrounded himself with. If he listens to the advisers, there is a good chance he is going to come out looking like a hero. if not??? no telling how deep that pile of poo is till you jump right on in.

Meh... you worry too much. We have the most advanced military in the world. We can wipe out most of our enemies without putting a boot on the ground.

Nonsence, WALL will cost 20-30 billion, with only 1.2 billion currently procured, and not for a wall, but a FENCE.

I bet he builds it for under $15 billion, the funding is not a problem, and he has never said the entire border would be an actual wall. Again... why don't you pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch the man show you how it's done? I mean, that would be far better than all this breathless ranting.

You bet? Reassuring.

Which number is bigger though, 1.2 billion or 15 billion? Where do you think this funding will come from?

Presidents have a lot of resources. Again, watch and learn.

You bet? Reassuring.

Presidents have a lot of resources. Again, watch and learn.

:rolleyes: Whatever you say shiny object chaser.

"impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, southern border wall...paid for by Mexico" lol

rhodescholar: Back in July, several of us had a conversation regarding the constitution where the 14th amendment, (amongst others), came up. Noted here, that you also call for a rewording of the 14th. My suggestion then is listed below. Comments please...
It should be repealed and services should go down to the states to provide. The federal government needs to focused on defense of the nation.

Agree also.
While the discussion is on the Amendments to the Constitution, I would submit the following:

Amendment XIV Section 1 should be amended as follows: "Any persons born to parents of US citizens, native born or naturalized, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the US and of the state wherein they reside. No State... the equal protection of the laws.

This clarifies the intent of the law in regard to "anchor-babies".

Amendment XVI, as mentioned should be repealed.

Amendment XVII, (direct election of Senators), should also be repealed and Article I section 8 should be reinstated.

This would give oversight back to the States over the Federal Government. (Imagine the Senate with no Harry Reid in charge after 2010)

You bet? Reassuring.

Maybe you can tell us the difference between a wall and a fence.
Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls.
The wall was approved by congress in 2006, the money was included (at least enough to start the wall) in the 2007 budget.
He has the budget already approved and waiting, what the building of the wall was missing was the ok to start.
Looks like thats being taken care of now. Trump can start the wall with an EO,.

Perhaps you can tell us the difference between a wall and a fence.

Pure theatrics - Trump cannot simply "order" a wall through EO without a budget to pay for it, which congress controls.
The wall was approved by congress in 2006, the money was included (at least enough to start the wall) in the 2007 budget.
He has the budget already approved and waiting, what the building of the wall was missing was the ok to start.

interesting, 20 billion is the estimate of how much money is being sent back to mexico each year, by the illegals to care for their family members there.
almost as if the wall will pay for itself, or if looked at the right way, since mexico will lose that 20 billion and we will keep it, we could say that mexico is paying to build the wall.

read my post again, I did not say he could complete the wall, I said he could start the wall. But it is interesting, the wall was originally going to cost 1.2 billion to build, now its 15 billion. thats like 13.8 billion more, then take he estimated 20 billion a year that we have continued to lose as its sent across the border multiply that by the 11 years that the dems have fought to stop it from being build, and you come up with something like 238 billion dollars that we could have saved f only the democrats were not so intent on protecting their new voters. Thats an awful lot of money that the dems have spent per hispanic vote.

sometimes military action is the answer, sometimes the answer is diplomatic. My concern is if he knows the difference. Hopefully he will actually listen to the advisers that he surrounded himself with. If he listens to the advisers, there is a good chance he is going to come out looking like a hero. if not??? no telling how deep that pile of poo is till you jump right on in.

Meh... you worry too much. We have the most advanced military in the world. We can wipe out most of our enemies without putting a boot on the ground.
maybe that is the reason for concern.

We haven't seen anyone like this in some time. I don't even remember Reagan going so hard from day one as Trump has. This is refreshing and invigorating to watch, no question.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/trump-to-begin-plans-for-border-wall-with-mexico/

It’s finally time to build the wall.

President Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, according to a report.

White House officials told the New York Times that the billionaire is expected to sign the executive order — directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure — during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security.

Building a wall on the border of Mexico was one of Trump’s biggest promises during his campaign. He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States today.

“Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

While the wall won’t be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President is also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that are deemed “terror prone.”
"federal funds." i.e., Monies collected from U.S. tax revenue.

That have already been appropriated.
1 main reason U.S. border wall hasn’t been built
So? Still monies collected from U. S. tax revenue.

Under the last admin maybe....
And still ... monies collected from U.S. tax revenue.
I have no problem fronting Mexico the money until they get a payment plan set up....

Well, I have said it for years... what we need to do with the Middle East is create one big giant glass fishbowl. I guarantee, a big ol' nuclear crater where the Iranian Presidential Palace once sat, would straighten out their problems with us. Of course, we're never going to actually DO something like this, we're far too humanitarian.

Well, I have said it for years... what we need to do with the Middle East is create one big giant glass fishbowl. I guarantee, a big ol' nuclear crater where the Iranian Presidential Palace once sat, would straighten out their problems with us. Of course, we're never going to actually DO something like this, we're far too humanitarian.
humanitarian has nothing to do with it. We dont want to seal the oil under all that glass now do we?

I won't pretend to speak for all of you but I have always and will always bitch about a presidents ability to spend taxpayer money by way of executive order. We elected representatives to control our taxes not a king.

Executive orders should have no power beyond ceremonial bullshit.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.....

Trump is slamming on the brakes, and I have no problem how he does that....that's why we sent him there...

I won't pretend to speak for all of you but I have always and will always bitch about a presidents ability to spend taxpayer money by way of executive order. We elected representatives to control our taxes not a king.

yes this is true, but we elected the president to uphold our laws, and seeing that immigration laws are being broken, its his job to make sure the problem is corrected, therefore, he is doing his job as president, he is not looking to be the king.

We haven't seen anyone like this in some time. I don't even remember Reagan going so hard from day one as Trump has. This is refreshing and invigorating to watch, no question.

President Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, according to a report.

White House officials told the New York Times that the billionaire is expected to sign the executive order — directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure — during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security.

Building a wall on the border of Mexico was one of Trump’s biggest promises during his campaign. He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the United States today.

“Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

While the wall won’t be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President is also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that are deemed “terror prone.”

Of course. Who the hell did you think was going to pay for this wall. The tooth fairy.

Most Americans are sick of illegals in this country and I for one would gladly pay for this wall to keep them out.

Of course. Who the hell did you think was going to pay for this wall. The tooth fairy.

Most Americans are sick of illegals in this country and I for one would gladly pay for this wall to keep them out.
you are right, the illegals have overstayed their welcome.
I wouldnt mind seeing a period of time where they werent even allowed in to vacation or visit

I don't recall your outrage when King Obama used his pen and phone to do precisely that. Perhaps you can link us to those threads?

I actually agree... President's don't have the authority to pass statutes. However, this has already been passed by Congress. Initial funding has been appropriated. If GOP lawmakers handle it correctly, the remaining funding can be done through a reconciliation bill and passed with a simple majority. If not, the president has several other options including the presidential superfund. In short, no need to worry about the funding. This is going to happen... get used to it.

Why do people waste time posting stupid shit like this? Indulging adolescent emotions? Drama queen bullshit like this never advanced a discussion.

You bet? Reassuring.

Funding? WFA....payment? Mexico.....

Get ready for your tax dollars to be in the garbage. I think only Trump supporters should be only made to pay for wall.

Forum List

Back