Trump should stop tweeting for a second and supervise coronavirus testing kit readiness

So you're going to a place frequented by large numbers of other people to test yourself to see if you've got a virus transmitted by contact with large numbers of people? Well, gosh, Colfax...that's brilliant! What better place to catch a virus!
dude, the stupid that are these fks is truly amaaaaaazing. zero logical thought.

Logic? Logic dictates that tag-contagion-exposure cannot be meaningfully controlled. Test kits are not the answer. You're dealing with the limits of natural increase...you are no longer in control. Vaccination is about the only thing that will make any meaningful difference.

Jo

Brilliant. Be sure to tell the idiots at the CDC your fascinating insights. I’m sure they can hardly wait to hear them.
I will, give me their number. fk dude, give me a youtube channel or the national news, I'll tell them all they all have lost every marble from their heads.

BTW, still want to know what value a test kit does for anyone?

Everything Lefty does is based on group opinion. Lefty doesn't just want to suspect that he has the flu he wants a hundred people to tell him that he has the flu. Somehow that just feels better.

Jo

@OP:
Just curious why you made the comment. Did you expect the POTUS to go work in a Coronavirus test kit manufacturing facility? Considering that Trump’s efforts have been overtly lauded by many in the medical community for their proactive effectiveness, don’t you think some other countries should throw their effort behind this? It is not a uniquely American problem. Israel seems to be making good headway.
Maybe Trump has to tweet because the media isn’t doing its job and he feels it is more effective for him to get the message to those who can help fight this and keep disinformers on their toes. Seems like he is doing a fine job by delegating much of the response to Pence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had warning months ago.

He should have started back then to get everything ready.

He didn't. All he did was lie through his teeth about the whole thing.

He could have started taking steps to make sure there's multiple sources of test kits. He should have made sure there was enough beds in hospitals. He should have made sure that the rules for those who get the tests shouldn't have been only those who traveled abroad. He should have made sure there was clarity in what the government was telling the people.

He should have been a real leader. He should have been honest. He should have put the nation and our people before himself.

So far at almost every step of this crisis, trump and his incompetent government has failed miserably.

Sounds like you just blamed Trump for COVID-19! So many people blame him for so many things. They need to realize that there is no way Trump could be responsible for these things because he is no deity- just a man in an office directing responses and making projections. He doesn’t cause earthquakes nor does he cause hurricanes or viruses. He takes action (notably where others don’t and in the face of direct opposition to still others). So when he is speaking about containment, then we see those who want open borders opposing his efforts, how do we even blame his actions? He has to overcome political opponents just to respond- that seems to be his real superpower- not causing disasters.

testing kits need to be ready and accessible for everyone. Testing is necessary in order for people to recover.
Yet many people cannot get tested at this time.

Do you really want Trump supervising?

The less the orange clown supervises the better!

I'd much rather have him playing golf!

Of course it would be helpful if we had secure borders that we could prevent people from entering our country in the advent of an even more serious medical emergency...but nah, who needs THAT...right liberals?
Whatever in the world makes you think it came across the southern border, instead of flying in on TWA or some other airline? The idea is ludicrous.

Oh, I'm quite sure it came in numerous ways...my point was that if we ever DID want to prevent something from coming in to the country we could do all the "travel bans" in the world and it wouldn't do a thing if our borders are so porous that anyone who wants to come in can.
Try to focus. Yours is a political point about preventing some unknown threat in the future. Covid19 is the threat under discussion right now.

Covid 19 is a flu. We get hundreds of strains of flu all over the world each and every year. Is this a particularly bad strain of flu? Yes, it is. Does that mean we can prevent it from spreading with test kits? No. That's just horseshit and you know it. If that did work we'd have used it for other bad strains of flu.
This one is more serious than most of the flu strains we have had, and most of those have been around long enough to have establish vaccines and treatment. This one has not, and has a much higher death rate. True, some forms of flu have been around a long time, killing a lot of people, and I a glad I have been vaccinated (by order of the government most of the time) since I was 20. I'm no virologist and not really an alarmist. I am just hoping I can avoid personally contracting it until more certain treatment and possibly a effect vaccine can be developed and distributed, probably sometime next year. Minimize the threat by comparing to flues we have seen, and more effectively treated is societal self defeating.

Of course it would be helpful if we had secure borders that we could prevent people from entering our country in the advent of an even more serious medical emergency...but nah, who needs THAT...right liberals?
Whatever in the world makes you think it came across the southern border, instead of flying in on TWA or some other airline? The idea is ludicrous.

Oh, I'm quite sure it came in numerous ways...my point was that if we ever DID want to prevent something from coming in to the country we could do all the "travel bans" in the world and it wouldn't do a thing if our borders are so porous that anyone who wants to come in can.
Try to focus. Yours is a political point about preventing some unknown threat in the future. Covid19 is the threat under discussion right now.

Covid 19 is a flu. We get hundreds of strains of flu all over the world each and every year. Is this a particularly bad strain of flu? Yes, it is. Does that mean we can prevent it from spreading with test kits? No. That's just horseshit and you know it. If that did work we'd have used it for other bad strains of flu.
This one is more serious than most of the flu strains we have had, and most of those have been around long enough to have establish vaccines and treatment. This one has not, and has a much higher death rate. True, some forms of flu have been around a long time, killing a lot of people, and I a glad I have been vaccinated (by order of the government most of the time) since I was 20. I'm no virologist and not really an alarmist. I am just hoping I can avoid personally contracting it until more certain treatment and possibly a effect vaccine can be developed and distributed, probably sometime next year. Minimize the threat by comparing to flues we have seen, and more effectively treated is societal self defeating.
This is one of the mildest strains of flu that we have ever had. The death rate so far has been confined to the elderly, mostly over 80, who are also very sick. 80% of all people who do get the virus will have mild symptoms to no symptoms at all.

So you're going to a place frequented by large numbers of other people to test yourself to see if you've got a virus transmitted by contact with large numbers of people? Well, gosh, Colfax...that's brilliant! What better place to catch a virus!
dude, the stupid that are these fks is truly amaaaaaazing. zero logical thought.

Logic? Logic dictates that tag-contagion-exposure cannot be meaningfully controlled. Test kits are not the answer. You're dealing with the limits of natural increase...you are no longer in control. Vaccination is about the only thing that will make any meaningful difference.

Jo

Brilliant. Be sure to tell the idiots at the CDC your fascinating insights. I’m sure they can hardly wait to hear them.
I will, give me their number. fk dude, give me a youtube channel or the national news, I'll tell them all they all have lost every marble from their heads.

I love it when people think they’re so much smarter than everyone else. Hilarious.
the irony yet again. I'm not smarter than anyone else, I use logical thought, when I see numbers where 18,000 people died from the flu in the US, and 22 have died from the virus, my fear is directed at the flu numbers, not the virus. Sorry, it's how logical folks think, you have a phobia about the virus. That's on you, not me.

Jo

BTW, still want to know what value a test kit does for anyone?

Everything Lefty does is based on group opinion. Lefty doesn't just want to suspect that he has the flu he wants a hundred people to tell him that he has the flu. Somehow that just feels better.

Jo
it's definitely something that my logical brain cannot comprehend.

@OP:
Just curious why you made the comment. Did you expect the POTUS to go work in a Coronavirus test kit manufacturing facility? Considering that Trump’s efforts have been overtly lauded by many in the medical community for their proactive effectiveness, don’t you think some other countries should throw their effort behind this? It is not a uniquely American problem. Israel seems to be making good headway.
Maybe Trump has to tweet because the media isn’t doing its job and he feels it is more effective for him to get the message to those who can help fight this and keep disinformers on their toes. Seems like he is doing a fine job by delegating much of the response to Pence.

He had warning months ago.

He should have started back then to get everything ready.

He didn't. All he did was lie through his teeth about the whole thing.

He could have started taking steps to make sure there's multiple sources of test kits. He should have made sure there was enough beds in hospitals. He should have made sure that the rules for those who get the tests shouldn't have been only those who traveled abroad. He should have made sure there was clarity in what the government was telling the people.

He should have been a real leader. He should have been honest. He should have put the nation and our people before himself.

So far at almost every step of this crisis, trump and his incompetent government has failed miserably.
nonsense as usual. fact 1.7 per 1 million people in this country. what's your town, about 100k? so you're lucky if anyone has it. and you're spreading fear. how fking white of you.

Spreading fear is what your corporate state media machine is for. Look how easily they sell endless bogus illegal unconstitutional wars based upon lies to the people.

You're replying to a person who doesn't deal with reality.

The reality is that I live at America's ground zero for this virus.

I live in the largest city in my state. There isn't a city larger than where I live unless you travel over a thousand miles south to San Francisco.

I live 10 miles away from the nursing home that has had something like 10 people die from the virus.

There are reports that my state will become the Wuhan Province of America by April.

Unlike the person you replied to I know how highly contagious the virus is and that the old and young and those who are in bad health are those who will die from this.

Unlike the person you replied to, I actually care about total strangers and about all my fellow human beings.

Obviously the person you replied to doesn't.

Jo

I love it when people think they’re so much smarter than everyone else. Hilarious.
the irony yet again. I'm not smarter than anyone else, I use logical thought, when I see numbers where 18,000 people died from the flu in the US, and 22 have died from the virus, my fear is directed at the flu numbers, not the virus. Sorry, it's how logical folks think, you have a phobia about the virus. That's on you, not me.

You don't have to chose whether you combat Covid 19 or the flu that's a false dilemma.

You definitely aren't smarter than anyone else. Your logic could use some work though.

Do angry lefties really think the President of the United States should "supervise corona virus testing"? If so it's clear that they never had a job other than burger flipper.

Can we just state the obvious? A lot of Trump supporters here care much less about the virus then they do the stock market.
18,000 people died due to the flu, so you don't care about those people with that kind of thinking. how's that? the entire 22 who died to your virus fearmongering, are all old fks that had illnesses. No kids. stick to the fact you lazy fk.

Who said I don’t care? There’s an annual push to get vaccinated (I do every year and recommend everyone else do so who can). We also test patients for influenza. A lot.
do you know you still can get a different strain flu virus? even though you got some other strain? do you live life differently knowing that? are you living life differently because 22 people died in the US cause of the corona virus?

so you think they went to everyone's front door and tested every citizen? LOL. how does it mitigate the spread exactly?

South Korea is using fast food-style drive-thrus to test for coronavirus

Jo

I'll do better.....I'll send them a case of corona extreme. It's what I plan to be drinking on November 3, at a Trump victory party.

Jo

Can we just state the obvious? A lot of Trump supporters here care much less about the virus then they do the stock market.
18,000 people died due to the flu, so you don't care about those people with that kind of thinking. how's that? the entire 22 who died to your virus fearmongering, are all old fks that had illnesses. No kids. stick to the fact you lazy fk.

Who said I don’t care? There’s an annual push to get vaccinated (I do every year and recommend everyone else do so who can). We also test patients for influenza. A lot.
do you know you still can get a different strain flu virus? even though you got some other strain? do you live life differently knowing that? are you living life differently because 22 people died in the US cause of the corona virus?

Yes, I knew all that. I have not personally made any changes, I don't need to at this time. There's been only a couple of confirmed cases in my state and they're being quarantined as a result. That's how public health operates. Once you identify cases, you can identify who is exposed, quarantine, and manage the spread. This is quite basic. We can prevent this from being a bigger issue than it otherwise would be.

testing kits need to be ready and accessible for everyone. Testing is necessary in order for people to recover.
liberals are yelling at people who are working fast as they can to produce the virus test kits

Old Styles question's been answered by several. Basically had we had the same tests available that were available elsewhere, possibly we could have a "lighter" health impact, with fewer people wandering around who didn't know they had the virus, and thus fewer overall getting sick.

At this point my fear is the same as Trump's possibly is. Although he may be too clueless to know that if the hospitality sector shutters, it's going to affect Disney World as much as Carnival Cruises or vacations in France. Already we are seeing larger entertainment venues shutting. Those workers don't get paid without work. Restaurants? Fahgetaboutit. We'll be buying soup and pasta to boil and burger and chicken to cook well done. And no, that's not going to employ a lot of people.

And the oil price my plummet, which in 1991 was sweet, but we're an exporter now. That may not be too sweet to the econ as a whole.

And the feds not just cutting rates now … it's buying Trump's debt because there aren't enough global investors to finance our debt. So the fed may be out of ammo.

I thought a three-six month downturn would be a good trade for getting rid of Orangeman. But we could see zero growth for an extended time because the Fed's low rates have encouraged US corps to borrow a lot of money. If there's less demand, the corps will be defaulting on loans just as they did in 2000.

Oh GOD - Have you looked at his offerings this morning? :icon_rolleyes:

Now the Democrats are trying to smear Bernie with Russia, Russia, Russia. They are driving him Crazy!
4:33 AM · Mar 9, 2020

“Trump has outmastered the Deep State. He’s light years ahead of us.” MSDNC. I disagree. We have a long way to go. There are still some very bad, sick people in our government - people who do not love our Country (In fact, they hate our Country!).
4:39 AM · Mar 9, 2020

The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!
4:40 AM · Mar 9, 2020

So much FAKE NEWS!
6:17 AM · Mar 9, 2020

Good for the consumer, gasoline prices coming down!
7:36 AM · Mar 9, 2020

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
7:47 AM · Mar 9, 2020

Old Styles question's been answered by several. Basically had we had the same tests available that were available elsewhere, possibly we could have a "lighter" health impact, with fewer people wandering around who didn't know they had the virus, and thus fewer overall getting sick.

At this point my fear is the same as Trump's possibly is. Although he may be too clueless to know that if the hospitality sector shutters, it's going to affect Disney World as much as Carnival Cruises or vacations in France. Already we are seeing larger entertainment venues shutting. Those workers don't get paid without work. Restaurants? Fahgetaboutit. We'll be buying soup and pasta to boil and burger and chicken to cook well done. And no, that's not going to employ a lot of people.

And the oil price my plummet, which in 1991 was sweet, but we're an exporter now. That may not be too sweet to the econ as a whole.

And the feds not just cutting rates now … it's buying Trump's debt because there aren't enough global investors to finance our debt. So the fed may be out of ammo.

I thought a three-six month downturn would be a good trade for getting rid of Orangeman. But we could see zero growth for an extended time because the Fed's low rates have encouraged US corps to borrow a lot of money. If there's less demand, the corps will be defaulting on loans just as they did in 2000.
So what you are saying is that you have a built in multi year excuse of a sustained downturn for a potential Prog president.

This is one of the mildest strains of flu that we have ever had. The death rate so far has been confined to the elderly, mostly over 80, who are also very sick. 80% of all people who do get the virus will have mild symptoms to no symptoms at all.
I certainly hope you are correct, but it costs me nothing to hedge my bets, simply because you may be wrong. I'm in Tennessee. My location is bracketed (as we said in the military) on I-40, with cases now in Memphis and a new one in Nashville, a 43 year old woman, (they shut down the AT&T / "Batman" building in the center of down town, this morning), so It is getting closer to home. My son works in the same town, where the first TN case appeared. To minimize and ignore could be self defeating.

Jo

You don't have to chose whether you combat Covid 19 or the flu that's a false dilemma.

You definitely aren't smarter than anyone else. Your logic could use some work though.
I'm not combating anything. I don't get flu shots, useless, you can still get the flu. I bet they never told you that did they?

Forum List

Back