Trump sides with Democrats on debt ceiling

I did not vote Republican for the Presidential race. I voted against My Republican Representative and instead, voted for the independent in the race.

So you were afraid of Trump too. Good think you don't waste your time trying to defend or even explain the actions of the great orange clown.
I don't vote liberal, ever. Trump has some good conservative ideas, but he won't' implement them. I have full faith that he will revert back to his left-leaning ways.

Anytime someone says they're conservative and all their solutions are big government solutions, you'd be wise to be skeptical.

I did not vote Republican for the Presidential race. I voted against My Republican Representative and instead, voted for the independent in the race.
I don't vote liberal, ever. Trump has some good conservative ideas, but he won't' implement them. I have full faith that he will revert back to his left-leaning ways.

You have it backwards. Trump can't implement them. He doesn't have a clue how to get anything done that requires more than telling people "i[m the boss, just do it"

Trump can't work with ihs own republican majority, he doesn't know how to get legislation through congress. And he can't even write constitutionally legal executive orders to implement his muslim ban.

The only thing Trump is going to accomplish in his presidency is drawing a pension.

They didn't vote against the relief bill. They voted against the poison pill in the relief bill.

Looks like you read their minds, why they didn't vote for it.

You'll have to ask them. I don't read minds.

Oops, change that. It looks like you just pulled the reason out your ass.
You never answered Me. Did the relief bill have the debt ceiling shit in it or not?

If I were to venture a guess, the more conservative of the GOP would have voted against a bill that had that small ceiling extension in it. In fact, Trump screwed the GOP by agreeing to sign that bill against the House's desire to extend the debt ceiling for 18 months.

Either way, who cares? This country is fucked regardless.

You never answered Me. Did the relief bill have the debt ceiling shit in it or not?

If I were to venture a guess, the more conservative of the GOP would have voted against a bill that had that small ceiling extension in it. In fact, Trump screwed the GOP by agreeing to sign that bill against the House's desire to extend the debt ceiling for 18 months.

A debt ceiling raised by three months is a poison pill? But a rise covering 18 months isn't?

Explain that logic? A small increase is bad, but a big one is O.K.?

A debt ceiling raised by three months is a poison pill? But a rise covering 18 months isn't?

Explain that logic? A small increase is bad, but a big one is O.K.?
Really? You don't get why?

Three months allows the Democrats to use the debt ceiling as a weapon against the GOP in the 2018 midterms. Extending the debt Ceiling beyond the election takes the entire issue out of the Democrats hands.

Time for you to stop.

Have a good night.

The Republican Party, as a unified entity, doesn't exist and hasn't existed since Nixon. Nothing made that clearer than the vote to repeal and replace the ACA.

What calls itself the Republican Party is a coalition of several groups who hate Democrats, and who will say anything the voting public wants to hear to get elected but who all want wildly different things.

There are the libertarians who know that there's too few of them to get elected on their own, but are there to push the libertarian agenda in hopes of a few crumbs.

There's the religious right who want to return to the 1950's - no sex education, no abortion, gays in closets, no sex before marriage, no women's lib.

There the racists and neo nazis who want all white men to have good jobs, no rights for anyone but white Christian males.

There's the wealthy who want tax cuts, no rights for workers, no minimum wage and no regulations on businesses and a strong military to protect "American interests" (read "American owned property abroad"). And trade deals.

There's the Tea Party who want small government, tax cuts and a balanced budget.

There is no way to satisfy the interests of all these groups. The small government people are at odds with the religious right who want to control people's lives, and the business leaders who want a strong healthy infrastructure to support business.

The business types want a well educated work force. The libertarians want to get the government out of education.

Last election, disaffected blue collar workers who have given up on the Democrats getting their jobs back, voted Republican. I doubt they'll make the same mistake twice.

Three months allows the Democrats to use the debt ceiling as a weapon against the GOP in the 2018 midterms. Extending the debt Ceiling beyond the election takes the entire issue out of the Democrats hands.

Time for you to stop.

Have a good night.

So instead of raising the debt ceiling a little at a time, and having to do it again and again, republicans throw out any objection to raising the debt ceiling by raising it a lot all in one shot.

Interesting spin. Republicans object to raising the debt ceiling a little, because they preferred to raise it by a lot.

How many Republicans in the House voted against the relief bill? Poor fuckers.
They didn't vote against the relief bill. They voted against the poison pill in the relief bill.

Actually, they voted against both, stop fooling yourself, What's important here is those that voted against Trump are the most conservative in Congress.

Actually, they voted against both, stop fooling yourself, What's important here is those that voted against Trump are the most conservative in Congress.
Wrong. But I'll tell you what, when Congress takes up the DACA issue, they should include language that funds the southern wall.

Think the Democrats will vote for it? Are they going to vote against the dreamers?

Wrong. But I'll tell you what, when Congress takes up the DACA issue, they should include language that funds the southern wall.

Think the Democrats will vote for it? Are they going to vote against the dreamers?

We'll see what happens. However there is more support for the Dreamers than there is for the wall, plus, who has time for a wall? A good portion of the south will have been hit hard by one hurricane or another. The only wall we need is a sea wall around South Florida.

We'll see what happens. However there is more support for the Dreamers than there is for the wall, plus, who has time for a wall? A good portion of the south will have been hit hard by one hurricane or another. The only wall we need is a sea wall around South Florida.
Well, I was trying to make a point. Saying that they extended the debt ceiling in a crisis funding bill as being a clean bill is ludicrous on its face. Claiming that those GOP members who voted against the debt ceiling rider as being against funding the crisis are the equivalent of saying that the Democrats are against the Dreams if they vote no on a DACA bill that has funding for the wall in it.

It is the same kinds of games being played that had us end up with a President like Trump.

Every bill put forth in Congress should be a single subject bill, with absolutely no amendments allowed.

Get these people to vote on the real issues and stop hiding behind this kind of game playing. If they won't, get rid of them.

Well, I was trying to make a point. Saying that they extended the debt ceiling in a crisis funding bill as being a clean bill is ludicrous on its face. Claiming that those GOP members who voted against the debt ceiling rider as being against funding the crisis are the equivalent of saying that the Democrats are against the Dreams if they vote no on a DACA bill that has funding for the wall in it.

It is the same kinds of games being played that had us end up with a President like Trump.

Every bill put forth in Congress should be a single subject bill, with absolutely no amendments allowed.

Get these people to vote on the real issues and stop hiding behind this kind of game playing. If they won't, get rid of them.

It's not the same because one happened and the other didn't. Anyway, Trump just pissed off the hardcore Republicans in Congress, enjoy.

It's not the same because one happened and the other didn't. Anyway, Trump just pissed off the hardcore Republicans in Congress, enjoy.
he sure did, and America loses yet again.

You say tomato, I say the U.S. will continue to pay it's bills.

You say tomato, I say the U.S. will continue to pay it's bills.
It would have either way.

Well, I was trying to make a point. Saying that they extended the debt ceiling in a crisis funding bill as being a clean bill is ludicrous on its face.

This was a funding bill. It was a continuing resolution to fund the government, plus additional funds to fund FEMA and provide additional disaster relief, and on top of that, raise the debt ceiling in order to pay for it.

You realize the CR is by itself the merging of 15 government funding bills, so alone, it wouldn't satisfy your single subject requirement. So no matter what they did with this bill, it wouldn't be "clean" by your definition.

Forum List

Back