Trump Speech: Declaring American Economic Independence

Really? Everyone needs your approval to join the party of their choice?

LOL
Trump is preaching protectionism and trade war which is not, and will not, be part of the gop platform.
That's your interpretation. His point is that we've been in a trade war for a long time and wants better deals for America. Sorry that isn't part of the Democrat platform but many on the right like the idea.

Free trade and pro-trade deals make up a prominent plank in the GOP platform.

Let them put their money where Trump's mouth is and take that plank out.
You liberals make shit up then attack it so you can even have a point. You never even looked at the GOP jobs platform.

Restoring the American Dream: Economy & Jobs | GOP

Is that Trump's or the Gop's plan?
It's on the GOP website so that should be a clue. I've heard him support a number of those, keep slinging shit, it's all you have.

Really? Everyone needs your approval to join the party of their choice?

LOL
Trump is preaching protectionism and trade war which is not, and will not, be part of the gop platform.
That's your interpretation. His point is that we've been in a trade war for a long time and wants better deals for America. Sorry that isn't part of the Democrat platform but many on the right like the idea.

You liberals make shit up then attack it so you can even have a point. You never even looked at the GOP jobs platform.

Ever consider reading what you post, lest you help me make my point?

Because American workers have shown that, on a truly level playing field, they can surpass the competition in international trade, we call for the restoration of presidential Trade Promotion Authority. It will ensure up or down votes in Congress on any new trade agreements, without meddling by special interests. A Republican President will complete negotiations for a Trans-Pacific Partnership to open rapidly developing Asian markets to U.S. products. Beyond that, we envision a worldwide multilateral agreement among nations committed to the principles of open markets, what has been called a “Reagan Economic Zone,” in which free trade will truly be fair trade for all concerned.

lolol
"in which free trade will truly be fair trade for all concerned."

Free trade meaning fair trade and a level playing field, you stupid fucker. LOL at your pea brain. Right now it isn't fair to the US. Yes, the establishment big boys want more of the same, on both sides of the aisle. That's where he parts company with them.

Economic Independence

easy, print money.

whats so hard about that?

It's on the GOP website so that should be a clue. I've heard him support a number of those, keep slinging shit, it's all you have.

Well Trump ain't selling that bs, weasel. so perhaps you should get a clue.

I've heard him so what some tool on the net says doesn't count. Sorry if reality doesn't meet your fantasies.

I've heard him so what some tool on the net says doesn't count. Sorry if reality doesn't meet your fantasies.
I'm a tool.? You cheap piece of dog crap, you can't even differentiate between the gop's dogshit and Donald's. LOL

Here is one.

Is Protectionism America’s Future?

"the president is now being bashed for the most sensible decision he has taken to put America first: the imposition of tariffs on foreign steel being dumped into the United States, which had put 30 U.S. steel companies in bankruptcy.

“You will start a trade war!” they screamed.

What happened? The EU, its huge trade surplus with America at risk in any trans-Atlantic trade war, chickened out and backed down. The president prevailed. The EU will not impose retaliatory tariffs. Smart fellows.

As for the U.S. steel mills Bush sought to protect, consider this item buried inside the free-trade Wall Street Journal.

Under a headline, “Steelmakers Post Improved Results for 2nd Quarter,” a reporter writes: “Buoyed by import tariffs, the country’s two largest steelmakers reported vastly improved second-quarter results, as mills operate at nearly full capacity and prices rise.

“The outlook for the rest of the year looks solid …”

Well done, Mr. President."

Sounds like it increased prices to consumers and made it hard for US manufacturing to source steel.

American steel is at war with China

Are claiming a connection between the two stories? They are very widely spaced in time.

Yes, not allowing foreign competition to undercut us with dumping, or savings from lax regulation, or cheap labor, or VAT rebates, will have some increase in price.

While hopefully saving and increasing jobs, and wages.

As in the story I linked to.

Helping jobs in steel while costing jobs in manufacturing that uses steel. Our manufacturing is now at another disadvantage because they pay more for steel.

Are they?

Are the Japanese letting anyone dump steel in their country?

Are the Germans? Are the Chinese?

Forcing manufacturing to pay more for steel does not help them compete.

Why is the right against free markets now?

I don't think Japan produces its own steel.
They flooded the US market with cheap steel in the later '80- mid 1990's.....

Sounds like it increased prices to consumers and made it hard for US manufacturing to source steel.

Are claiming a connection between the two stories? They are very widely spaced in time.

Yes, not allowing foreign competition to undercut us with dumping, or savings from lax regulation, or cheap labor, or VAT rebates, will have some increase in price.

Helping jobs in steel while costing jobs in manufacturing that uses steel. Our manufacturing is now at another disadvantage because they pay more for steel.

Are they?

We had a strong economy then.

Are they?

We had a strong economy then.
The eighties not as much as the nineties,,,and up to 2008.......

You've heard Trump say something? Did you hear his four positions in four days on abortion? Have you heard all his 'ban on Muslims' flip flops?

Ever consider reading what you post, lest you help me make my point?

Because American workers have shown that, on a truly level playing field, they can surpass the competition in international trade, we call for the restoration of presidential Trade Promotion Authority. It will ensure up or down votes in Congress on any new trade agreements, without meddling by special interests. A Republican President will complete negotiations for a Trans-Pacific Partnership to open rapidly developing Asian markets to U.S. products. Beyond that, we envision a worldwide multilateral agreement among nations committed to the principles of open markets, what has been called a “Reagan Economic Zone,” in which free trade will truly be fair trade for all concerned.

lolol
"in which free trade will truly be fair trade for all concerned."

Free trade meaning fair trade and a level playing field, you stupid fucker. LOL at your pea brain. Right now it isn't fair to the US. Yes, the establishment big boys want more of the same, on both sides of the aisle. That's where he parts company with them.

The platform says the next GOP president will complete the TPP. Trump says he'll kill it.

Which is it?

Here is one.

Is Protectionism America’s Future?

"the president is now being bashed for the most sensible decision he has taken to put America first: the imposition of tariffs on foreign steel being dumped into the United States, which had put 30 U.S. steel companies in bankruptcy.

“You will start a trade war!” they screamed.

What happened? The EU, its huge trade surplus with America at risk in any trans-Atlantic trade war, chickened out and backed down. The president prevailed. The EU will not impose retaliatory tariffs. Smart fellows.

As for the U.S. steel mills Bush sought to protect, consider this item buried inside the free-trade Wall Street Journal.

Under a headline, “Steelmakers Post Improved Results for 2nd Quarter,” a reporter writes: “Buoyed by import tariffs, the country’s two largest steelmakers reported vastly improved second-quarter results, as mills operate at nearly full capacity and prices rise.

“The outlook for the rest of the year looks solid …”

Well done, Mr. President."

Are they?

I didn't ask that. I asked if they were letting anyone dump steel in their country.

And do you really think that we have Free Markets with Freaking China?

Hey? How we making out with video sales in China? Really raking in the cash? Do you even know what I am talking about?

hmmm, I remember when the Unions tried telling us it was GOOD that we had to pay HIGHER PRICES because there would me MORE UNION jobs, which would RAISE OUR WAGES, and everyone would be HAPPY

Now they are on the same side as the 1%.

Almost like they sold out their members to be tools of the democratic party.

MMmmm, it's almost like I heard that somewhere before...

hmmm, I remember when the Unions tried telling us it was GOOD that we had to pay HIGHER PRICES because there would me MORE UNION jobs, which would RAISE OUR WAGES, and everyone would be HAPPY

nooo, the unions lost and the 1% (including Donald) won.

Now Donald is pulling out the union argument again, and you're lapping it up

Are they?

I didn't ask that. I asked if they were letting anyone dump steel in their country.

And do you really think that we have Free Markets with Freaking China?

Hey? How we making out with video sales in China? Really raking in the cash? Do you even know what I am talking about?

Well a tariff is just another tax on the consumer. You are pro taxes and pro the government manipulating costs? When did big government become so great?

Here's a transcript of today's speech by Trump ( June 28, 2016). He blasted her on TPP and really drove home the America first narrative. interested to see how the left will knock this speech ;)

It was a really good one. He goes after globalism/globalists, elites, TPP, and Clinton. The message is a great one for ALL American's.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/DJT_DeclaringAmericanEconomicIndependence.pdf
If you have a video link I will watch it but the way he stutters & stumbles around there is no way I'm reading it.

Economic ignorance is rampant in America.

The OP is evidence of this.

What Trump is proposing is what backwards Third World shitholes pursue.

nooo, the unions lost and the 1% (including Donald) won.

Now Donald is pulling out the union argument again, and you're lapping it up

The unions are still there. And now are carrying water for Hillary who is the 1%'s candidate.

WHat part of that is confusing for you?

DO you support the OLD "union argument"? Or the 1% argument?

Forum List

Back