Trump starts MLK weekend by attacking Civil Right hero icon

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Donald Trump starts MLK weekend by attacking civil rights hero John Lewis

For those who thought Trump would start acting like a grown up when faced with responsibility of the office he will soon hold, guess again.

Donald J. Trump continues to bring shame and disgrace onto our country. I don't care how bad people in OH, PA, WI were hurting for work, this can not go on. We've come to far to be taking these huge steps backwards.

The criticism of US congressman John Lewis came on the day of a civil rights march in Washington aimed at Trump’s incoming presidency, two days before America observes the annual Martin Luther King Jr Day and six days before the country’s first black president leaves office.

Lewis, who was beaten by state troopers during the historic 1965 march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, is the first leading Democrat to publicly question Trump’s right to govern.

“I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president,” he told NBC’s Meet the Press this week.

The 76-year-old congressman from Georgia, seen by some as the moral conscience of the nation, will boycott Trump’s inauguration, the first he has missed since becoming a member of Congress three decades ago.

“I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton,” he said.

Clinton received 2.9m more votes than Trump but lost the electoral college. When assailed, Trump is known to favour a playbook of hitting back harder, even against seemingly no-win targets such as Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a US soldier killed in Iraq; Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe winner; and Meryl Streep, the Oscar-winning actor.

Indeed. Trump is a world class POS. Can't wait for the inevitable impeachment.

Trump ain't kissing the racist negros ass like you liberals do

Wheeeeeee

How that should have read...

"Donald Trump started the weekend by RESPONDING to a Civil Rights icon that attacked him."

But you won't see that headline, because Trump is White, and Lewis is Black.

Wheeeeeee

"Donald Trump started the weekend by RESPONDING to a Civil Rights icon that attacked him."

More gaslighting bullshit. He attacked him, Will. Don't be coy.

Wheeeeeee

He attacked him, Will.

Yes, he did.

and Trump responded

Good show, Will. B+ trolling.

Face it loon libs.

Trump won the election.

He will be the next sitting president. ...... :cool:

For those who thought Trump would start acting like a grown up when faced with responsibility of the office he will soon hold, guess again.

Donald J. Trump continues to bring shame and disgrace onto our country. I don't care how bad people in OH, PA, WI were hurting for work, this can not go on. We've come to far to be taking these huge steps backwards.

The criticism of US congressman John Lewis came on the day of a civil rights march in Washington aimed at Trump’s incoming presidency, two days before America observes the annual Martin Luther King Jr Day and six days before the country’s first black president leaves office.

Lewis, who was beaten by state troopers during the historic 1965 march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, is the first leading Democrat to publicly question Trump’s right to govern.

“I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president,” he told NBC’s Meet the Press this week.

The 76-year-old congressman from Georgia, seen by some as the moral conscience of the nation, will boycott Trump’s inauguration, the first he has missed since becoming a member of Congress three decades ago.

“I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton,” he said.

Clinton received 2.9m more votes than Trump but lost the electoral college. When assailed, Trump is known to favour a playbook of hitting back harder, even against seemingly no-win targets such as Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a US soldier killed in Iraq; Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe winner; and Meryl Streep, the Oscar-winning actor.
Seems Trump was the one attacked by some racist bigot democrat....

I'm no fan of Trump, and I do wish someone would take his stupid Twitter account away.

That said, to make Lewis into some kind of victim of this dumb story is standard partisan intellectual dishonesty.

And much as you may want to make it so, Lewis' past does not make him immune from criticism. He said what he said, and there's no way he's surprised that Trump responded.

Wheeeeeee

He attacked him, Will.

Yes, he did.

and Trump responded

Good show, Will. B+ trolling.

Should I take lessons from you, for a better grade?

Lewis attacked Trump, and stated he would not be attending the inauguration.

Trump responded.

Thanks for the laugh. Impeachment happens in the House of Representatives and everyone knows the Democrats will never, ever control the House again.
It's more likely that Trump will have abolished the House by 2018 than it staying in GOP hands after 2 years of disastrous Trump policies.

Thanks for the laugh. Impeachment happens in the House of Representatives and everyone knows the Democrats will never, ever control the House again.

Lol! You think the GOP likes the Don ?!?? He's basically a 3rd party.

Get rid of Donald , and that GOP stuffed shirt Pence becomes prez . Who do you think they want ???

I'm no fan of Trump, and I do wish someone would take his stupid Twitter account away.

That said, to make Lewis into some kind of victim of this dumb story is standard partisan intellectual dishonesty.

And much as you may want to make it so, Lewis' past does not make him immune from criticism. He said what he said, and there's no way he's surprised that Trump responded.
You and every fucktard liberal out there.....

Let him speak to we the people...what are you afraid of???

Forum List

Back