Trump starts MLK weekend by attacking Civil Right hero icon

C2QCXnvVEAACmgL.jpg
And if it was true? Lots of black areas are shit holes. The first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem.

Donald Trump starts MLK weekend by attacking civil rights hero John Lewis

For those who thought Trump would start acting like a grown up when faced with responsibility of the office he will soon hold, guess again.

Donald J. Trump continues to bring shame and disgrace onto our country. I don't care how bad people in OH, PA, WI were hurting for work, this can not go on. We've come to far to be taking these huge steps backwards.

The criticism of US congressman John Lewis came on the day of a civil rights march in Washington aimed at Trump’s incoming presidency, two days before America observes the annual Martin Luther King Jr Day and six days before the country’s first black president leaves office.

Lewis, who was beaten by state troopers during the historic 1965 march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, is the first leading Democrat to publicly question Trump’s right to govern.

“I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president,” he told NBC’s Meet the Press this week.

The 76-year-old congressman from Georgia, seen by some as the moral conscience of the nation, will boycott Trump’s inauguration, the first he has missed since becoming a member of Congress three decades ago.

“I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton,” he said.

Clinton received 2.9m more votes than Trump but lost the electoral college. When assailed, Trump is known to favour a playbook of hitting back harder, even against seemingly no-win targets such as Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a US soldier killed in Iraq; Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe winner; and Meryl Streep, the Oscar-winning actor.

Bullshit. Trump responded to what Lewis said.

"Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad,"

He's right. Lewis's district looks like a third world country and Lewis has been using his civil rights work fifty years ago to skate along.

He may be a civil right icon from fifty years ago but he's a piss poor Congressman.

For those who thought Trump would start acting like a grown up when faced with responsibility of the office he will soon hold, guess again.

Donald J. Trump continues to bring shame and disgrace onto our country. I don't care how bad people in OH, PA, WI were hurting for work, this can not go on. We've come to far to be taking these huge steps backwards.

The criticism of US congressman John Lewis came on the day of a civil rights march in Washington aimed at Trump’s incoming presidency, two days before America observes the annual Martin Luther King Jr Day and six days before the country’s first black president leaves office.

Lewis, who was beaten by state troopers during the historic 1965 march over the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, is the first leading Democrat to publicly question Trump’s right to govern.

“I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president,” he told NBC’s Meet the Press this week.

The 76-year-old congressman from Georgia, seen by some as the moral conscience of the nation, will boycott Trump’s inauguration, the first he has missed since becoming a member of Congress three decades ago.

“I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton,” he said.

Clinton received 2.9m more votes than Trump but lost the electoral college. When assailed, Trump is known to favour a playbook of hitting back harder, even against seemingly no-win targets such as Khizr and Ghazala Khan, the parents of a US soldier killed in Iraq; Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe winner; and Meryl Streep, the Oscar-winning actor.

Bullshit. Trump responded to what Lewis said.

"Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad,"

He's right. Lewis's district looks like a third world country and Lewis has been using his civil rights work fifty years ago to skate along.

He may be a civil right icon from fifty years ago but he's a piss poor Congressman.

I can't believe you're comparing Atlanta to a 3rd world country. Lewis's District, Georgia 5th Congressional District, is in the heart of Atlanta, a major international transportation hub and one of the fastest growing places in the country. Forbes named the city the ninth best place in America for businesses and career development, and among the best for job growth and education. Does it have a higher poverty rate and crime rate than the national average? Yes, as do most large cities, but not by much. To call it crime infested and falling apart is simply not true, like so many of Trump's statements.

Most of Trump's tweets are either inaccurate, an exaggeration or a bold face lie.

Last edited:
To the Russian low info posters: USA will stay in NATO, will stay in Poland, no matter what says the president-elect.

I do not know any Russian poster in this forum. Do you?
What to USA playing the role of the World policemen - this cannot go on any more.

USA is invaded by third world countries, Americans are not able to protect their own boarders, their infrastructure crumbles, industries are abandoning America, USA looks more and more like a third world country with a huge military budget that has to be supported by American taxpayers.

Can American taxpayers really afford this luxury?

Instead of investing in their own infrastructure, in jobs and housing, in an affordable medical insurance, the money of American taxpayers are spent on crazy wars on the other side of the globe and on protecting the boarders of countries that an American Normie will never find on the map.

So who cares about your wishful thinking?
American voters want their taxes invested in America, not in Poland.

Last edited:
Art_Allm clearly knows little or nothing about the USA, and Russia is simply a loser state.

Doubtful but not necessary to explore your comments other than pointing out when they are wrong..

Who cares about your wishful thinking?
You do not have any real power or influence, Trump will do what he thinks is good for American voters.

:D

Doubtful but not necessary to explore your comments other than pointing out when they are wrong..

Who cares about your wishful thinking? You do not have any real power or influence, Trump will do what he thinks is good for American voters. :D
Apparently you do, and, as well, your influence is nil. Trump will try but that does not mean at all that he will succeed.

Trump will try but that does not mean at all that he will succeed.

I can imagine that you predicted a couple of months ago that Trump did not have an chance to win the election.

:D

My prediction was that he would win.

;)

Who has bad judgement?

One of the weirdest revelations to emerge as of late is the democrats' hatred of Russia. It is like WTF? It exposes democrats as neocon warmongers. Some of the vacuum tubes in my guitar amps are made in Saratov, Russia and they are excellent.

Trump will try but that does not mean at all that he will succeed.
I can imagine that you predicted a couple of months ago that Trump did not have an chance to win the election. :D My prediction was that he would win. ;) Who has bad judgement?
Yup, I was wrong. And I am sure you have been so on quite a number of times. I also said that he would guarantee health insurance coverage for all (which he has) and that he would stumble again over civil rights issue (which he has in the very determined Mr. Lewis). What has Putin done: run around bare chested and had his air force bomb hospitals. Comrade Art, not too worry: Russia is staying within Russia, and the USA will do as it will.

As a non-American, I hope you enjoy our quaint American ways at Inauguration. This one may be very memorable.

Last edited:
Lewis represents that shithole 5th Congressional District in Georgia that is a crime and drug infested welfare district. That asshole Lewis is more concerned with being a jackass because he is butt hurt that Trump won than he is to do anything of substance to stop the crime in Atlanta and to produce real jobs.

The idiots in that district elected an idiot to represent them.

What exactly has John Lewis accomplished for his district? just because you played a part in the civil rights movement, does not give you free ticket to say whatever you feel like, because you were unhappy with how the election turned out. To say Trump is illegitimate as president elect, placed him as being no different than the birther movement who didn't like Obama as their president. Liberals know all too well, had all these representives been republicans sitting out during Obama's inauguration, we would be having a whole new discussion of how racist they all are for doing so. It's quite obvious democrats are not for unity and working with this president any more than those Republicans they criticized only eight years earlier. Do you want to start shouting how you want Trump to be a "one term president" and thereby vindicate all those racist remarks you made of republicans who didn't agree with Obama's policies?

There is all ready a day celebrating a true civil rights icon.

Other are trying to ride those coat tails, but anyone that abuses their position to push a debunked far left religious agenda, is no icon!

Forum List

Back