Trump Stops Payment to WHO

In the middle of a world pandemic.

Brilliant.

Not.

Our first responsibility is to OUR OWN.
Really, so the WHO started issuing warnings in January. Warning that circulated in the administration since then. So how do you suggest "our own" will be made aware in a timely way whenever there's a new virus somewhere in the world? You do know that the WHO is the only organization that is equipped to do so?

"the WHO started issuing warnings in January"

Oh... you mean when they said there was nothing to worry about?

View attachment 323585

But Trump took action anyways...

View attachment 323586

View attachment 323587

...and all the media bobble-heads labeled him a racist.

Don't remember that? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
What you remember seems to be a little bit distorted. Coronavirus not a global health crisis, WHO says; China reports 8 more deaths, restricts 18M people This article clearly states it is a snapshot and not a declaration that Covid-19 isn't serious. The wording in the article,
Tedros, who made the final decision, said WHO is "following the outbreak every minute of every day" and could decide to declare a public health emergency of international concern, or PHEIC.

Such declarations can result in more resources made available to combat outbreaks but also can spur restrictions on trade and travel.

"This should not be taken as a sign that WHO does not think the situation is serious or that we’re not taking it seriously," Tedros said.

That's the problem with all you guys. All you have is talking points but absolutely no intellectual honesty.

Could've, would've, should've, but didn't. In fact, the WHO didn't declare the coronavirus to be a pandemic until MARCH ELEVENTH.

View attachment 323591

The WHO is a worthless organization that only serves as a mouthpiece for commies. Only when the virus had already spread like wildfire did they actually admit there was a serious problem. Spare me your bullshit virtue signaling. You can't rewrite history.
Dated January 30th. Who is trying to rewrite history again? The who declared a public health emergency on January 30th.

WHO does not have enforcement powers. They never have. It isn’t their mission. They can only go by what countries are willing to give.

Our primary role is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.

Our main areas of work are health systems; health through the life-course; noncommunicable and communicable diseases; preparedness, surveillance and response; and corporate services.
Our primary goal is to protect our people, our health and our borders. First. Then if ewe libtards want to fund stupid ass things like who send donations!

And they will. Along with influence.

Is that a good thing?
Influence at the WHO? Seems like the Chinese already have the ear of the top people there and are
getting their way right now. Let them pay for it then.

Trump has long been trying to cut funding to WHO and other international organizations.

What people don’t realize is along with funding comes a great deal of influence, including with WHO.

What are going to do when TrumpAmerica suddenly decides they don’t like something and the international community says “so what”?
So you admit you want to buy friends?

I am not a nation.
But you obviously think buying friends is the way to go!
Buying friends is preferable to shooting enemies in my book. Even the Romans understood that concept.

That is fine but when dealing with Barbarians ( China ) at the gate sometimes you can not buy them and will have to fight with them.

The issue is if the upper management of the WHO is owned by the Chinese then defunding is necessary seeing we are wasting money on a organization that will help our enemy hide their criminal activity.

I am not for defunding but I also am not happy with the WHO handling of this either and no you can nor blame Trump for WHO leadership mistake.

Hate to say this but we are heading to war with China and boys and girls you better understand if this happens we ( U.S. ) may not win, so make sure the enemies we make with the defunding is worth it...

We pay far more than any other country to WHO.
WHO should have been non partisan, and they weren't during a huge moment when
the world needed them the most. As TRump always said..."YOUR FIRED".
960x0.jpg
Did you read that email? It was in your link. It was nothing more than a warning a seemingly novel virus was being reported. So what actions you believe the WHO can take on the basis of that e-mail considering they are dependant on the information that the host countries give (in this case China).
Same question.
960x0.jpg
Did you read that email? It was in your link. It was nothing more than a warning a seemingly novel virus was being reported. So what actions you believe the WHO can take on the basis of that e-mail considering they are dependant on the information that the host countries give (in this case China).
Same question. The link I referred too was the e-mail from Taiwan.
There were red flags with the way the government was handling the news, and WHO dismissed Taiwan.
What specifically can the WHO do? They have an e-mail from Taiwan but no way to verify it. So what is your suggestion?
What good is WHO if they can't verify? China shuts down all communication from the media and Dr.s
(nothing to see here folks, just move along)
But you liberals wanted Trump to do more earlier than WHO.
What good is the WHO? About us WHO | Mission statement WHO | Mission Vision, mission and strategic objectives There are many more. So again my question. You assert that the WHO did something wrong. So please give me your evaluation of what they should have done on the available information.
The WHO was informed of human to human transmission in mid December but claimed in mid January that there wasn't... WHY DID THEY LIE? Who were they protecting?

Is that a good thing?
Influence at the WHO? Seems like the Chinese already have the ear of the top people there and are

Trump has long been trying to cut funding to WHO and other international organizations.

What people don’t realize is along with funding comes a great deal of influence, including with WHO.

What are going to do when TrumpAmerica suddenly decides they don’t like something and the international community says “so what”?

I am not a nation.
Buying friends is preferable to shooting enemies in my book. Even the Romans understood that concept.
That's why Rome fell and was looted by those who shot enemies.

Those who beat their swords into plows will end up plowing for those who kept their swords.
Rome fell when they stopped buying friends. Quite litterally. Vandals - Wikipedia

Rome fell when it lost control of its borders. In the 5th Century and certainly before that as well, the Roman Empire was the place to be in the ancient world. They had indoor plumbing and running water, their wealth and sophistication were tops in antiquity. The Vandals crossed the border with impunity to seek the Roman Dream. But instead of becoming Romans, they spread their ideology of vandalism throughout Rome, sacking the city in 410. Subsequently, the city and empire fell completely later that century.
Rome in its ascendency relied heavily on bribing one war chief to fight another which was exactly my point. Rome started to collapse when their financial situation no longer allowed them to keep their empire together. The Vandals where a Roman ally before they became enemies.

960x0.jpg
Same question.
960x0.jpg
Same question. The link I referred too was the e-mail from Taiwan.
There were red flags with the way the government was handling the news, and WHO dismissed Taiwan.
What specifically can the WHO do? They have an e-mail from Taiwan but no way to verify it. So what is your suggestion?
What good is WHO if they can't verify? China shuts down all communication from the media and Dr.s
(nothing to see here folks, just move along)
But you liberals wanted Trump to do more earlier than WHO.
What good is the WHO? About us WHO | Mission statement WHO | Mission Vision, mission and strategic objectives There are many more. So again my question. You assert that the WHO did something wrong. So please give me your evaluation of what they should have done on the available information.
The WHO was informed of human to human transmission in mid December but claimed in mid January that there wasn't... WHY DID THEY LIE? Who were they protecting?
They were informed by the Taiwanese that China had a novel virus outbreak. They had to rely on the Chinese to give the information. So they didn't lie at all the Chinese did.

Brilliant.

Not.

Really, so the WHO started issuing warnings in January. Warning that circulated in the administration since then. So how do you suggest "our own" will be made aware in a timely way whenever there's a new virus somewhere in the world? You do know that the WHO is the only organization that is equipped to do so?

View attachment 323585

View attachment 323586

View attachment 323587

What you remember seems to be a little bit distorted. Coronavirus not a global health crisis, WHO says; China reports 8 more deaths, restricts 18M people This article clearly states it is a snapshot and not a declaration that Covid-19 isn't serious. The wording in the article,
Tedros, who made the final decision, said WHO is "following the outbreak every minute of every day" and could decide to declare a public health emergency of international concern, or PHEIC.

Such declarations can result in more resources made available to combat outbreaks but also can spur restrictions on trade and travel.

"This should not be taken as a sign that WHO does not think the situation is serious or that we’re not taking it seriously," Tedros said.

That's the problem with all you guys. All you have is talking points but absolutely no intellectual honesty.

Could've, would've, should've, but didn't. In fact, the WHO didn't declare the coronavirus to be a pandemic until MARCH ELEVENTH.

View attachment 323591

The WHO is a worthless organization that only serves as a mouthpiece for commies. Only when the virus had already spread like wildfire did they actually admit there was a serious problem. Spare me your bullshit virtue signaling. You can't rewrite history.
So when exactly do you declare something to be a pandemic?

Well I'm no expert, but let me think.... hmmm.... how about sometime before it's already present in ONE HUNDRED AND TEN FUCKING COUNTRIES?

Is that a good thing?

I am not a nation.

That is fine but when dealing with Barbarians ( China ) at the gate sometimes you can not buy them and will have to fight with them.

The issue is if the upper management of the WHO is owned by the Chinese then defunding is necessary seeing we are wasting money on a organization that will help our enemy hide their criminal activity.

I am not for defunding but I also am not happy with the WHO handling of this either and no you can nor blame Trump for WHO leadership mistake.

Hate to say this but we are heading to war with China and boys and girls you better understand if this happens we ( U.S. ) may not win, so make sure the enemies we make with the defunding is worth it...
The enemies you make by defunding? Try everyone. You are not hurting the Chinese at all by defunding you are giving the Chinese the opportunity to jump into a power vacuum.

And for the 3rd time. What do you access the WHO could have done differently? I've posed it to other people. You guys are asserting the WHO did something wrong so you should have no problem stating what they should have done.

Brilliant.

Not.

View attachment 323585

View attachment 323586

View attachment 323587

View attachment 323591

Dated January 30th. Who is trying to rewrite history again? The who declared a public health emergency on January 30th.

A public health emergency is not a global pandemic you dumb shit. A flooded river can be deemed a "public health emergency".

Jesus....

Good. Now make it permanent.

Trump announces a formal freeze on WHO funding, pending an investigation

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump formally announced Tuesday that the United States will freeze funding to the World Health Organization, pending a formal investigation into the global health agency and its coronavirus response.

In prepared remarks, Trump accused the organization of “severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus,” suggesting that the group overly relied on unverified reports from China, which Trump argued caused a “twenty-fold increase in cases worldwide.” He did not cite a source for that figure.

“America and the world have chosen to rely on the WHO for accurate, timely, and independent information to make important public health recommendations and decisions. If we cannot trust that this is what we will receive from the WHO, our country will be forced to find other ways to work with other nations to achieve public health goals,” Trump said.

Is that a good thing?

I am not a nation.

The enemies you make by defunding? Try everyone. You are not hurting the Chinese at all by defunding you are giving the Chinese the opportunity to jump into a power vacuum.

And for the 3rd time. What do you access the WHO could have done differently? I've posed it to other people. You guys are asserting the WHO did something wrong so you should have no problem stating what they should have done.

First off China already has power of the WHO!

Second the WHO mistakes were saying that the virus could not be contracted from human to human, so let be clear they should have never said that but because China own the heads of the WHO mean they dictated what was going to be said.

Finally, China is our enemy and if you believe they are not then you are naive and most likely believe Trump had the U.S. unleash the virus in China!

Brilliant.

Not.

View attachment 323585

View attachment 323586

View attachment 323587

View attachment 323591

A public health emergency is not a global pandemic you dumb shit. A flooded river can be deemed a "public health emergency".

Jesus....
What does declaring something a pandemic do? It releases no extra funds or changes the actions. It's a simple statement that disease is widespread. Declaring a global public health emergency does. Again if you want to blame the WHO for anything it would be good you had a definition of that something.

Good. Now make it permanent.

Trump announces a formal freeze on WHO funding, pending an investigation

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump formally announced Tuesday that the United States will freeze funding to the World Health Organization, pending a formal investigation into the global health agency and its coronavirus response.

In prepared remarks, Trump accused the organization of “severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus,” suggesting that the group overly relied on unverified reports from China, which Trump argued caused a “twenty-fold increase in cases worldwide.” He did not cite a source for that figure.

“America and the world have chosen to rely on the WHO for accurate, timely, and independent information to make important public health recommendations and decisions. If we cannot trust that this is what we will receive from the WHO, our country will be forced to find other ways to work with other nations to achieve public health goals,” Trump said.

Typical of Trump. Try to blame someone else for his failures.

Is that a good thing?

I am not a nation.

First off China already has power of the WHO!

Second the WHO mistakes were saying that the virus could not be contracted from human to human, so let be clear they should have never said that but because China own the heads of the WHO mean they dictated what was going to be said.

Finally, China is our enemy and if you believe they are not then you are naive and most likely believe Trump had the U.S. unleash the virus in China!
They didn't state that at all. The Chinese did. The Taiwanese claimed differently but the WHO couldn't confirm because Taiwan had no infections at that time and so they couldn't confirm.

You also haven't answered my question. What SPECIFICALLY should the WHO have done?

Is that a good thing?

I am not a nation.
That's why Rome fell and was looted by those who shot enemies.

Those who beat their swords into plows will end up plowing for those who kept their swords.
Rome fell when they stopped buying friends. Quite litterally. Vandals - Wikipedia

Rome fell when it lost control of its borders. In the 5th Century and certainly before that as well, the Roman Empire was the place to be in the ancient world. They had indoor plumbing and running water, their wealth and sophistication were tops in antiquity. The Vandals crossed the border with impunity to seek the Roman Dream. But instead of becoming Romans, they spread their ideology of vandalism throughout Rome, sacking the city in 410. Subsequently, the city and empire fell completely later that century.
Rome in its ascendency relied heavily on bribing one war chief to fight another which was exactly my point. Rome started to collapse when their financial situation no longer allowed them to keep their empire together. The Vandals where a Roman ally before they became enemies.
The visigoths you mean. Alaric was a visigoth.

Forum List

Back