Trump thinks he can change the Constitution via EO

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Libtardos are always claiming the Constitution is a living document that needs to change with the times. That's why they want libtardo judges so they can apply their "nuance".

Of course it only applies to the things they want changed. And they don't want the living document changed when it applies to their future voting base.
Ya not the dems changing constitution here try and keep up. Your pres is the one trying to change it here.

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I for one hope he can.
i hope he shoves this back on congress where this belongs. having the president do EO's cause we "like it" is going to backfire cause it's setting a precedent for when the next liberal president comes in and they do the same and yet the right will then cry foul.

this is not the purpose of the EO. this practice needs to stop.

Gee...another chicken that's come home to roost! Remember when Barry declared that he had a pen and a phone and he was ready to do an end run around a newly elected GOP Congress to keep his agenda moving forward? Remember the warnings that were given to Democrats that they would rue that decision because of the precedent it set? I've got news for you...if you take control of the House and try to stall Trump's agenda...he will very likely do the same thing that Obama did...and keep his agenda on track using EO's!

And you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves...
if i didn't like it when obama did it, i should continue to NOT like it when trump does it in such a manner. if you suddenly cheer on what you bitched at previously, then to me that's contributing to the overall divisive problem.

Does anyone remember Kavanaugh's thoughts on an illegal immigrant teen being entitled to an abortion a while back? My memory escapes me at the moment. I have a suspicion that he wouldn't go for ending birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, but I forget what his thoughts were on a similar previous case that leads me to think that way.

invader noun [ C ]
UK /ɪnˈveɪ.dər/ US /ɪnˈveɪ.dɚ/
army or country that uses force to enterand take control of another country:

The foreign invaders were finally defeated by alliedforces.
In·vad·er
[inˈvādər]
NOUN
  1. a person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.
in·vade
/inˈvād/
verb
  1. (of an armed force or its commander) enter (a country or region) so as to subjugate or occupy it.
    "it was all part of a grander French plan to invade Ireland"
    synonyms: occupy, conquer, capture, seize, take (over), annex, win, gain, secure; More
    • enter (a place, situation, or sphere of activity) in large numbers, especially with intrusive effect.
      "demonstrators invaded the presidential palace"
      synonyms: overrun, swarm, overwhelm, inundate
      "every summer, tourists invaded the beach"
Both definitions are valid. Calling people that come here illegally "invaders" is valid. Get over it.

This could make for an interesting court case.

Some discussion at the time the Fourteenth was in the process of being ratified casts serious doubt on whether it was intended to apply to children born here of foreign citizens, especially to those here illegally. A case could be made, and could prevail, that it does not apply to children of illegal invaders.

It'd be a tough case, though. The letter of the Amendment seems fairly clear, even if the intent is otherwise. It really would be better if we could ratify a new amendment, explicitly denying birthright citizenship in such cases.
Stop calling them invaders. Anyone calling them that should have their post pulled.

I refer to them as wetback invaders...is that easier on your feels?

You might want to read the list and quit blaming Obama:
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia
Yeah. Obama used EOs to defy congress and thumb his nose at the rest of us. He is a fucking asshole. That's what got you Trump.
Obama averaged the same amount of EO's per year as the two previous presidents./ Trump is averaging per year what the others did thier whole term.Obviously having a black man in the white house has made you and the rest of the trumpets lose your minds. You will now cheer lies and cheer the destruction of the constitution. Youi should feel proud.

Source: CNBC.COM original story on Axios
Trump wants to sign an order to end birthright citizenship, setting up a constitutional battle

"President Donald Trump is planning to terminate birthright citizenship, according to a report by Axios, potentially setting up another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts.

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday, according to Axios which used the exclusive interview to promote a new documentary series called "Axios on HBO."

"This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting 'anchor babies' and 'chain migration'," Axios said in its report.

Trump's comments come as he continues to push a hard anti-immigration line ahead of the midterms this month, and many experts will highlight that it's not within the president's power to change birthright citizenship.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

Trump said he had run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed, despite likely controversy. However, during the same interview Trump expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one," he said."

Let the fun, games and gnashing of teeth begin.

This should be an interesting court battle if President Twitter follows through with the Executive Order since the courts have never ruled on the question of whether or not the 14th Amendment applies to illegal immigrants or foreigners with temporary legal status.

Personally I don't think he's going to win this battle but I guess we'll see.

"May you live in interesting times" -- Chinese Curse
I hope some dumbass takes this to court.

See there ya go. This is the part of Trump I like. He has the courage to do things like this. Any person who has studied a little about the 14th Amendment understand that it was written to protect freed slaves and their children. It was not meant to be an enticement for people to cross our borders illegally and plot a baby on American soil so it can automatically become a citizen.

You can't fix laws by EO. This may force the supreme court to interpret the law.

A POTUS *can* fix laws by EO (e.g. Barak the Nimrod did it on several occasions) because the Executive can determine when/why/how to enforce laws through it's agencies and thanks to Congress having deferred so much of it's Constitutional Authority to the Executive those same agencies get broad discretion on the details of how those laws look when they hit the Federal Register.

That being said, Executive Orders were never intended to "fix" or "change" existing law, it's only because they've been abused for so long that the precedent has been set and half the Partisan Sheeple accept it when *their* POTUS does it.
Trump wants to sign an order to end birthright citizenship, setting up a constitutional battle

"President Donald Trump is planning to terminate birthright citizenship, according to a report by Axios, potentially setting up another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts.

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday, according to Axios which used the exclusive interview to promote a new documentary series called "Axios on HBO."

"This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting 'anchor babies' and 'chain migration'," Axios said in its report.

Trump's comments come as he continues to push a hard anti-immigration line ahead of the midterms this month, and many experts will highlight that it's not within the president's power to change birthright citizenship.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

Trump said he had run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed, despite likely controversy. However, during the same interview Trump expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one," he said."

This should be an interesting court battle if President Twitter follows through with the Executive Order since the courts have never ruled on the question of whether or not the 14th Amendment applies to illegal immigrants or foreigners with temporary legal status.

You don't need to hope, if Trump follows through on this EO , it's GUARANTEED to be challenged in Court.

You might want to read the list and quit blaming Obama:
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia
Yeah. Obama used EOs to defy congress and thumb his nose at the rest of us. He is a fucking asshole. That's what got you Trump.
Obama averaged the same amount of EO's per year as the two previous presidents./ Trump is averaging per year what the others did thier whole term.Obviously having a black man in the white house has made you and the rest of the trumpets lose your minds. You will now cheer lies and cheer the destruction of the constitution. Youi should feel proud.

They had a fit when a black skinned man was in the white house. They still are not over it.

You can't fix laws by EO. This may force the supreme court to interpret the law.
It's already been misinterpreted.
That's why this is going on in the first place.
The 14th Amendment dealt with freed slaves born in the US, not illegal alien invaders.

I know. The current interpretation is incorrect and needs to be corrected.

A POTUS *can* fix laws by EO (e.g. Barak the Nimrod did it on several occasions) because the Executive can determine when/why/how to enforce laws through it's agencies and thanks to Congress having deferred so much of it's Constitutional Authority to the Executive those same agencies get broad discretion on the details of how those laws look when they hit the Federal Register.

That being said, Executive Orders were never intended to "fix" or "change" existing law, it's only because they've been abused for so long that the precedent has been set and half the Partisan Sheeple accept it when *their* POTUS does it.

You don't need to hope, if Trump follows through on this EO , it's GUARANTEED to be challenged in Court.

I know the precedent has been set but EO's can easily be undone. See O. Same here.

Forum List

Back