Trump thinks he can change the Constitution via EO

One of the most egregious policies that the DemonRATS have forced Americans to pay for....You can bet the house the DemonRATS and subversive media will be taking that to court and screaming like little bitches!!!! THIS will be the time when JUSTICE KAVANAUGH will shine like the brilliant jurist he is!!!

FULL TITLE: Trump to revoke birthright citizenship: President slams 'ridiculous' right of children born to illegal immigrants and vows to end it with executive order

Donald Trump plans to revoke the automatic citizenship rights of children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

In an interview with Axios, the president said he wants to sign an executive order ending the practice of giving citizenship to those who conservatives have long termed 'anchor babies.'

Trump, who has long been critical of the practice, said: 'We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States... with all of those benefits. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end.'

The 14th Amendment of the Constitution, written in 1868, states: 'All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.'

Trump insists he can change the way the Amendment is interpreted by the federal government, without amending the Constitution itself, and can do it through an executive order.

Several Republicans running for president in 2016, including Trump and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, argued at the time that the phrase 'subject to the jurisdiction' refers only to people with a legal right to be in the country.

In a preview of an HBO documentary scheduled to air on Sunday, Trump reveals that 'it was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't.'

Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

The point is not whether Trump has the authority to end birthright citizenship, but that his doing it would send the matter to the body that does have the authority to review and clarify it.

It’s a calculated move to open the debate.The 14th ammendment is for slaves.
`
Perhaps you should read up on the 14th Amendment and birthright citizenship. It can be changed only by congressionnal amendment, a national constitutional convention or an amendment that can be ratified by a favorable vote in three-fourths of all state legislatures or by such a vote in specially called ratifying conventions called in three-fourths of the states. An executive order doesn't cut it.

I’m curious...did you say something similar when the Kenyan King single-handedly rewrote constitutional guidelines with DACA?

The 14th ammendment was intended for slaves, people who came here against their will.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States"

How the fuck is the Orange Ogre going to change that with an EO? . Show us where it says anything about slaves. If that was the intent it would say so. I don't believe that people can be this stupid

I doubt he can. Even if it did, any subsequent president can void that order with another one and possibly make it retroactive.

The best outcome would be for someone to sue to overturn the order and throw the matter before the Supreme Court. That would settle the matter once and for all.

The 14th ammendment was intended for slaves, people who came here against their will.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States"

How the fuck is the Orange Ogre going to change that with an EO? . Show us where it says anything about slaves. If that was the intent it would say so. I don't believe that people can be this stupid

You're even slower than I thought. :auiqs.jpg:

Anyone who believes an EO can override a Constitutional amendment is a full-on retard.

Just days before the mid terms, in the wake of domestic right wing terrorism, Donald Trump is pandering to the racist vote. He does this kind of shit, and then pretends he does not understand how people believe he feeds the hate in this country.

He knows damn well the Supreme Court would fist his ass if he wrote such an EO.

But he also knows the Tard Herd is gullible enough to bleev such an EO would be legal, and he also knows that when he doesn't issue such an EO after the election, the tards will have forgotten he promised them one.

He knows promising this EO will make them ejaculate all over their own faces and get them to the polls.

Last edited:
Trump plans to sign executive order curbing birthright citizenship: report

President Trump said in a newly released interview he plans to sign an executive order ending so-called "birthright citizenship" for babies of non-citizens born on U.S. soil -- a move that would mark a major overhaul of immigration policy and trigger an almost-certain legal battle.

Birthright citizenship allows any baby born on U.S. soil to automatically be a U.S. citizen.

The policy, which stems from a disputed but long-recognized interpretation of the 14th Amendment, has given rise to what Trump considers abuse of the immigration system. Trump told "Axios on HBO" that the U.S. is the only country in the world "where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DICTATOR Trump desires to completely bypass the responsibilities of The US Congress.

I doubt he can. Even if it did, any subsequent president can void that order with another one and possibly make it retroactive.

The best outcome would be for someone to sue to overturn the order and throw the matter before the Supreme Court. That would settle the matter once and for all.
Object is to get it to the court and thus prevent future President overturning it ..Needs to be done Not just Latinos abusing this, big business for Chinese too

The birthright citizenship was intended for all people born here, with the exception of children born to ambassadors or foreign ministers.

The very author of the amendment said so. Everything else you hear and blindly parrot is bullshit.

Here is the Congressional Record: https://www.14thamendment.us/articles/jacob_howard_on_14th_amendment_1866.gif

The sponsor of the 14th amendment (Jacob Howard) made it crystal clear that birthright citizenship was for everyone, excluding the children of foreign ministers and ambassadors.

Another Congressman (Doolittle) attempted to add a change to the 14th amendment which would exclude Indians, and Howard pointed out Indians were not under the jurisdiction of the US, and therefore the change was unnecessary.

"This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States."

A few years later, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the 14th in United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

(Let’s test Gators fingers this morning...are they LefTards today?)
Tell us Gator, wouldn’t it be cool if Trump could amend the 14th with an EO?
This is a check Yes or No.

No, I would not. There is a very specific process for amending the Constitution and I think it is a good process so it is not at the whim of the way the wind is blowing today.

I do not think that mere birth on our soil should be enough for citizenship, but there is a process that must be followed.

Trump plans to sign executive order curbing birthright citizenship: report

President Trump said in a newly released interview he plans to sign an executive order ending so-called "birthright citizenship" for babies of non-citizens born on U.S. soil -- a move that would mark a major overhaul of immigration policy and trigger an almost-certain legal battle.

Birthright citizenship allows any baby born on U.S. soil to automatically be a U.S. citizen.

The policy, which stems from a disputed but long-recognized interpretation of the 14th Amendment, has given rise to what Trump considers abuse of the immigration system. Trump told "Axios on HBO" that the U.S. is the only country in the world "where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DICTATOR Trump desires to completely bypass the responsibilities of The US Congress.

And, which president sign a shit ton of EOs to bypass congress and thumb his nose at the people?

Did you call Barry a dictator?

The hypocricy is outlandish.

Anyone who believes an EO can override a Constitutional amendment is a full-on retard.

Just days before the mid terms, in the wake of domestic right wing terrorism, Donald Trump is pandering to the racist vote. He does this kind of shit, and then pretends he does not understand how people believe he feeds the hate in this country.

He knows damn well the Supreme Court would fist his ass if he wrote such an EO.

But he also knows the Tard Herd is gullible enough to bleev such an EO would be legal, and he also knows that when he doesn't issue such an EO after the election, the tards will have forgotten he promised them one.

He knows promising this EO will make them ejaculate all over their own faces and get them to the polls.

This isnt something new. O did the same.

I hope he can do it but I think Congress needs to get off its fat ass and make it happen.

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

(Let’s test Gators fingers this morning...are they LefTards today?)
Tell us Gator, wouldn’t it be cool if Trump could amend the 14th with an EO?
This is a check Yes or No.

No, I would not. There is a very specific process for amending the Constitution and I think it is a good process so it is not at the whim of the way the wind is blowing today.

I do not think that mere birth on our soil should be enough for citizenship, but there is a process that must be followed.

Cool...sounds like you’d support an EO to clear the red tape and to get it done NOW but you’d like to see Congress run it through the formal process later....Is that what you’re saying?

A few years later, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the 14th in United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

No, it didn't. Not even remotely. Wong Kim Ark was about immigrants legally residing in the U.S and ineligable for citizenship.

The Supreme Court has never adjudicated whether the birthright citizenship clause covers children born to illegal immigrants.

It's gonna be adjudicated now, though. Guaranteed. And it's about time, too.

As a bonus, that swamp judge Kavanaugh owes Trump one. lol.

Last edited:
Not only that, but "subject to the jurisdiction of" does not apply to undocumented immigrants since the U.S. never authorized their entry in the first place.

So, if an illegal aliens commit a crime are they subject to our laws?

That is the question. There are multiple scholarly described avenues to interpreting the Const and amendments. The pertinent part of the 14th states:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

It doesn't say born to people legally here, and for a good reason. Nothing prevented illegal aliens being imported to replace slave labor. So contrary to some posters' views, the amendment was intended to apply to people who came here and were born to people not citizens. That was decided in Wong Kim Ark. The parents were not employed by a foreign govt, and were privately employed, and were not eligible for citizenship. Essentially, the Supreme Court did not say Congress couldn't exclude Asians from immigrating, but once here, there children could not become some king of "underclass" of cheap labor. So on the face of it, birthright citizenship is the const unless its amended.

There is a view, and a minority view, that Wong Kim Ark should not apply because in that case the parents were here LEGALLY, but barred from becoming citizens. Conversely, illegal immigrants are NOT here But as your post implies, illegal immigrants are subject to our jurisdiction and laws. So the Sup Ct has held children of illegal immigrants must be provided public services, like education.

But SOME illegal immigrants do not want to give up allegiance to their native country. They send remittances and would like to return from time to time. But others do voluntarily submit to US jurisdiction and law.

Forum List

Back