Trump Threatens to Close Border Next Week

He should do it now. The BP is overwhelmed with illegals coming in all the while congress does nothing but obstruct.

Those that are coming through entry centers are not the problem. It's those who run across the border anywhere that is causing havoc. Build The Wall!

Those that are coming through entry centers are not the problem. It's those who run across the border anywhere that is causing havoc. Build The Wall!
And they are caught and released never to be seen again. And thus is an national emergency but it will take more than a wall to stop them. To many to process. Complete stop all at the border until we have it under control. Deport deport and deport. This is going to put a strain on our natural resources and we m as y not see it immediately but it will become a national tragedy

Sounds like a plan
But a senior administration official undermined the president's threat, saying the Department of Homeland Security has no plans to close the border next week.

How do you shut down a border that long, anyway? Just close the customs stations?

Sounds like a plan
But a senior administration official undermined the president's threat, saying the Department of Homeland Security has no plans to close the border next week.

How do you shut down a border that long, anyway? Just close the customs stations?
I assumed thats what was meant.
I saw on tv some high up border patrol agent said 6000 detained is considered a crisis. at the time he was speaking, they had 13500.. crazy..

Sounds like a plan

Trump have a problem articulating what he mean. You really have to read between the lines. Like Mexico will pay for the fence. Not literally but in money lost from illegals sending back to Mexico when he secure the border. Illegal immigration into US is a lucrative business for Mexico's economy. We take care of anchor babies that are Mexican citizens also. Money we save by securing the border will pay for a wall and pay down the deficit

Yea Trump. Do it.

What would actually happen if Trump actually closed the border?

The southern border is incredibly important to the US economy, especially since Trump is set to sign his NAFTA update, the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) on the sidelines of a meeting with the world's 20 largest economies this week. In September, the most recent month for which data is available, $34.7 billion in freight crossed in both directions on the border with Mexico, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

Yea Trump. Do it.

What would actually happen if Trump actually closed the border?

The southern border is incredibly important to the US economy, especially since Trump is set to sign his NAFTA update, the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) on the sidelines of a meeting with the world's 20 largest economies this week. In September, the most recent month for which data is available, $34.7 billion in freight crossed in both directions on the border with Mexico, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
And illegal immigration cost us more in anchor babies social services, crime, drugs and gangs. Medical care, processing mass illegal immigration lice the caravans, strain on natural resources and incarceration,

I'd rather he shut down the welfare state....Then any and all immigrants coming here would have to pull their own weight.

Foreigners DO pull their own weight. The reason they come here is job openings exist because half of the American people are living off the government.

I'd rather he shut down the welfare state....Then any and all immigrants coming here would have to pull their own weight.

Foreigners DO pull their own weight. The reason they come here is job openings exist because half of the American people are living off the government.
Then why are illegal aliens costing this country billions each year for anchor babies tax breaks medical education subsidized housing drugs gangs crimes and incarcerations? Because they are low wage earners. And because business are addicted to cheap foreign labor instead of a fair wages for Americans. Democrats in bed with corporations

Sounds like a plan

I saw on tv some high up border patrol agent said 6000 detained is considered a crisis. at the time he was speaking, they had 13500.. crazy..
I agree they're in deep shit down there. The articles I've read said the numbers are almost as high as a decade ago. That would have been around 2008, that there were even more.
What Trump needs to do is figure out what is causing this; apparently Bush or Obama managed to get it under control somehow. The tap needs to be turned off at the source. And of course, as you've said before, we need to focus on prosecuting the employers on this side of the border who hire illegals.

There is apparently panic south of us; whether they are afraid the Wall will get built before they can sneak over, or things are happening at home that make the risks worth it, I don't know. That is for the administration to figure out. I don't see how threatening Mexico like this is going to solve our problem.

Sounds like a plan

I agree they're in deep shit down there. The articles I've read said the numbers are almost as high as a decade ago. That would have been around 2008, that there were even more.
What Trump needs to do is figure out what is causing this; apparently Bush or Obama managed to get it under control somehow. The tap needs to be turned off at the source. And of course, as you've said before, we need to focus on prosecuting the employers on this side of the border who hire illegals.

There is apparently panic south of us; whether they are afraid the Wall will get built before they can sneak over, or things are happening at home that make the risks worth it, I don't know. That is for the administration to figure out. I don't see how threatening Mexico like this is going to solve our problem.
It is because of Bush Clinton and Obama did not do that is causing this national emergency on the border.

Forum List

Back