🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.

I get your point, but in my mind the only thing better than a dog is an elephant:beer:

Don't get me wrong, i would never harm an elephant. In fact when i was working in Africa my company funded anti poaching patrols in our area, but, the simple reality is that where hunting of them is allowed there are elephants. Where hunting is outlawed there are few elephant, and the poachers run rampant. There is simply no money to fight them.

Tho I think the "eco-tourism" aspect CAN BE more than equal to the hunting revenues. Problem is -- SMART tourists don't GO to Zimbabwe. Even if all amenities are included. :badgrin: There's the problem.

Not even close. Eco tourists spend about 10,000 to 12,000 on a photo safari. A real hunt will bring in over 250,000 to the local economy. There is no comparison.

That's just 25 eco-tourists. Or one dead elephant. The numbers in GOOD, clean, welcoming countries can make up for it. Just NOT in Zimbabwe or Zambia. Or any number of elephant ranging countries where there's war raging now.

The hunt regulators are very careful about which animals can be killed, they will frequently have them kill the old bulls so that the younger ones can breed with the females to get a healthier strain. There is a tremendous amount of thought given to it in most areas. But i do agree it is a terrible thing to see one of them killed. They are truly magnificent creatures. When I was working there the poachers were going berserk and the government offered a bounty of 5,000 a head for them (that's for a dead poacher)
and we helped fund that program for five years.

open a market, demand increases,

demand increases on elephant souvenirs, black market poaching increases

poaching increases elephant herds dwindle down.

there wont be enough trophies left to satisfy safari hunters who pay the big bucks to hunt..

thats the reason ivory was outlawed.

of course properly managed herds do well, its a proven fact - but proper management goes out the window.

closing the ivory trade WAS MANAGEMENT.

BTW

FUCK TRUMP

there wont be enough trophies left to satisfy safari hunters who pay the big bucks to hunt..

of course properly managed herds do well, its a proven fact - but proper management goes out the window.

BTW

FUCK TRUMP

That's a sure fire way to gain some sympathy for your views! Lol

BTW

FUCK TRUMP

That's a sure fire way to gain some sympathy for your views! Lol

just paying tribute to Goldielocks. :wink_2:

Hopefully the ivory trade is made legal again. Hussaine closing it down hurt local communities with talented craftsmen and artists and those of us who own amazing Asian ivory carvings. But as folks have indicated, black governments are inherently corrupt. Intelligent folks should be assigned to regions in African to insure elephants and rhinos, which possibly contribute to global climate change, are farmed and harvested in an ecological manner.

Last edited:
As usual the hysterical leftists cry babies only report a portion of the facts.

FWS currently allows elephant heads that were killed in LEGAL HUNTS to be imported from every other African country- this simply adds Zimbabwe and Zambia back on the list.

Sorry LWNJ's. You're a bunch of cry babies. Tissue?
Zander, it's not nice to kill animals for fun and trophies.

If one has a pressing impulse to kill there are a lot of really rotten sonofabitch humans walking around (at 500 yards, or less). Talk about satisfaction. . .
Especially endangered ones.

Republicans seem hell bent on destroying everything they touch. No animals will be left after they are through. Allow the importation of endangered species. Get rid of the endangered species act. Trump will be defeated in 2020 but you wonder how much damage they will do.

I would NEVER import an African game trophy ....

... I go over and get my own.

trafrica42.jpg

Cause nothing says rich like large animal game hunting trophies...
Well True but nothing says CORRECT like a freezer full of politico heads nicely removed by guillotine !
Oh fuck. Back to the no fly list. I wasn't planning any trips to the great Satan Inc*NLC"so fuggit.

I would NEVER import an African game trophy ....

... I go over and get my own.

trafrica42.jpg
A republican, too.

And coolest President, evah...

teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_by_sharpwriter-d3a72w4-e1331353963511.jpg
Teddy Roosevelt was famous as an environmentalist.

Theodore Roosevelt, often called "the conservation president," impacted the National Park System well beyond his term in office. He doubled the number of sites within the National Park system.

Theodore Roosevelt and the National Park System - Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service)

Theodore Roosevelt, often called "the conservation president," impacted the National Park System well beyond his term in office. He doubled the number of sites within the National Park system.

And like the coolest kind of conservationist ... he hunted in all of them.

Theodore-Roosevelt-Death-of-the-Grizzly.jpg

And like the coolest kind of conservationist ... he hunted in all of them.

Theodore-Roosevelt-Death-of-the-Grizzly.jpg
He would have disliked the "canned" hunts that many do.

The Story of the Teddy Bear - Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service)

Did you know that the Teddy Bear was invented in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt? It all began when Theodore Roosevelt was on a bear hunting trip near Onward, Mississippi on November 14, 1902. He had been invited by Mississippi Governor Andrew H. Longino, and unlike other hunters in the group, had not located a single bear.

Roosevelt's assistants, led by Holt Collier, a born slave and former Confederate cavalryman, cornered and tied a black bear to a willow tree. They summoned Roosevelt and suggested that he shoot it. Viewing this as extremely unsportsmanlike, Roosevelt refused to shoot the bear. The news of this event spread quickly through newspaper articles across the country. The articles recounted the story of the president who refused to shoot a bear. However, it was not just any president, it was Theodore Roosevelt the big game hunter!

CANNED HUNT FOOLISHNESS , from what i understand canned hunts are held on private land and hunters hunt animals on that fenced private land . ------------- Bear tied to a tree , i wouldn't shoot it either unless as a meat hunter i needed the meat or the skin PJ .

Excellent decision by President Donald Trump. The NRA is a great organization
So the NRA wants to kill more animals & pretend it is sport. Much how they treat our children.

The NRA is the most disgusting organization in this country. Never vote for any candidate that the NRA supports.

Forum List

Back