🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

Excellent decision by President Donald Trump. The NRA is a great organization
So the NRA wants to kill more animals & pretend it is sport. Much how they treat our children.

The NRA is the most disgusting organization in this country. Never vote for any candidate that the NRA supports.
------------------------------------------------------------ i think these elephants come from some third world area in Africa . The Countries like the revenue money brought in by the hunts and the villagers like the meat from the carcass . Elephant kill means that the country makes money , the buzzards eat and the hunter gets his trophy , the Ivory is sold for money and the third world villagers have a big party and elephant meat feast RDave .

The left whining about killing wild animals and don't bat an eye at aborting precious human babies.

Sad

Contrary to popular belief, trophy hunting is not a threat to African elephants and never has been. The local villages receive money for selling a license for a limited hunt, which is done responsibly to manage the elephant populations.

Trophy safaris hire Africans at high rates of pay as beaters, scouts, guides, and gun bearers. The trophy hunter pays the tribe for a license to hunt, The tribe then defends game animals against poachers, and manages the elephants so they continue to bring revenue to the tribe for generations. ... :cool:

Here is the criteria -
Whether or not a trophy can be imported into the U.S. depends on the conservation status of the country’s elephants. For trophies from CITES Appendix I elephants (populations in danger of extinction, such as in Tanzania and Zambia), FWS must issue a CITES import permit and “make the additional finding that the import is not detrimental to the survival of the species in the wild.” (Although there are now limitations on trophy imports, there are no limitations on hunting elephants).

Elephants in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa fall under Appendix II, meaning that those populations are not currently considered in danger of extinction. For Appendix II elephant trophies, only a CITES export permit is required. Controversy Swirls Around the Recent U.S. Suspension of Sport-Hunted Elephant Trophies

Personally, I don't like the idea of killing these majestic, beautiful creatures for sport. I don't like abortion either......

it sucks, but as long as it is part of a properly maintained management strategy it 1) makes tons of $$ for more conservation and 2) culls older non-breeding elephants who are no longer useful for further conservation efforts.

Republicans seem hell bent on destroying everything they touch. No animals will be left after they are through. Allow the importation of endangered species. Get rid of the endangered species act. Trump will be defeated in 2020 but you wonder how much damage they will do.

You ignore the fact that this only allows importation by the person doing the hunting, and the hunting has to be part of a verified conservation program.

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.

"er Dad, they wouldn't let me bring in a dead elephant"
"no probs son, I'm the president, i can do what the fuck I like, no one will care".
"Thanks dad"

I would NEVER import an African game trophy ....

... I go over and get my own.

trafrica42.jpg
A republican, too.

And coolest President, evah...

teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_by_sharpwriter-d3a72w4-e1331353963511.jpg
Teddy Roosevelt was famous as an environmentalist.

Theodore Roosevelt, often called "the conservation president," impacted the National Park System well beyond his term in office. He doubled the number of sites within the National Park system.

Theodore Roosevelt and the National Park System - Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service)

he was also a huge big game hunter.

Contrary to popular belief, trophy hunting is not a threat to African elephants and never has been. The local villages receive money for selling a license for a limited hunt, which is done responsibly to manage the elephant populations.

Trophy safaris hire Africans at high rates of pay as beaters, scouts, guides, and gun bearers. The trophy hunter pays the tribe for a license to hunt, The tribe then defends game animals against poachers, and manages the elephants so they continue to bring revenue to the tribe for generations. ... :cool:

Do they eat elephant steaks?

Do they eat elephant steaks?
Elephant meat is usually not something people will eat unless they have to. It's tough and not very tasty.

and i think that dried . smoked elephant meat similar to 'jerky' is BILTONG .

Excellent decision by President Donald Trump. The NRA is a great organization
So the NRA wants to kill more animals & pretend it is sport. Much how they treat our children.

The NRA is the most disgusting organization in this country. Never vote for any candidate that the NRA supports.
------------------------------------------------------------ i think these elephants come from some third world area in Africa . The Countries like the revenue money brought in by the hunts and the villagers like the meat from the carcass . Elephant kill means that the country makes money , the buzzards eat and the hunter gets his trophy , the Ivory is sold for money and the third world villagers have a big party and elephant meat feast RDave .

I get it.

Jr dresses up in safari gear, pays a lot of money for a guide to point our an elephant, Jr kills it. takes a piece to be hid trophy, they give the meat to the locals, and all is fine in lala land.

But hey, they are a third world country & it is OK for us to rape their land. Typical Trumpette view.

Forum List

Back