Trump to Apple: make your products in America to avoid tariffs!

and the last thing i care about is some added cost due to Tariffs . To me the goal is FREE Trade and it only makes sense to me to charge tariffs if others charge the USA tariffs . --------------- American First and Always .

The term should be Fair Trade. Free Trade only works if both sides are honest. It hasn't been that way for many,many decades if even if it ever was.

----------------------------------------------------- why can't they be produced anywhere else DUDM ??
The primary chip is made by TSMC, and even samsung isnt ready. so you can be sure nobody in usa is remotely capable.
I disagree. If can be done, it can be done in America. No doubt, it can be done better.

Yeah, it can be done here for 3 to 5 times the price. Fuck that shit. Keep your big government away from my wallet.

Fuck, I hate you statist some days
Yeah, fuck that American worker. Why we should stop supporting them making good wages so your fucking wallet won't suffer.

I love it when you liberals have your own words tossed back in your face.
After WWII, America became the greatest proponent of the global economy because due to the war, we were the greatest producer of food, steel, oil, and just about everything else. However, Europe and Japan both recovered from the war within 20 years and became completion for the US. Then 3rd world countries began offering the only thing they had to the world, cheap labor.

Today, US labor has to be more productive than the completion abroad; that is if a US worker is to make $40/hr and the competition abroad is making $4/hr then the US worker has to be something of an order of 10 times more productive to justify that wage. The company also has to increase it's revenue substantially to maintain the same level of employment. And that's a big problem.
I don't disagree. However, the purpose of the entire 'tariff' issue isn't to really impose tariff on other countries, but to get them to drop barriers to fair trade around the world.

I get the arguments for why other nations don't want to flood their markets with American goods. It is reasonable.

Just as it is equally reasonable for us to want the same thing. In the end, what it really is about is open and honest competition.

Does America have an advantage? Yes.

Would that be an incentive for others to work to beat that advantage? You betcha.

and the last thing i care about is some added cost due to Tariffs . To me the goal is FREE Trade and it only makes sense to me to charge tariffs if others charge the USA tariffs . --------------- American First and Always .

The term should be Fair Trade. Free Trade only works if both sides are honest. It hasn't been that way for many,many decades if even if it ever was.
Fair to who?
Free trade is when buyers and sellers from different economies trade without government applying tariffs, quotas, subsidies or prohibitions on goods and services. So the ideal free trade agreement would be no agreement at all, no government interference in trade. However, all countries want something. It maybe a certain industry must be protected for national security reasons, border security issues, immigration, human rights, protection against currency manipulation, copyright protection, restrictions on what products can enter the country, etc, etc..

Fair to who?
Free trade is when buyers and sellers from different economies trade without government applying tariffs, quotas, subsidies or prohibitions on goods and services. So the ideal free trade agreement would be no agreement at all, no government interference in trade. However, all countries want something. It maybe a certain industry must be protected for national security reasons, border security issues, immigration, human rights, protection against currency manipulation, copyright protection, restrictions on what products can enter the country, etc, etc..

One of the first things a government does is subsidize exports. I looked into importing from China. It was a complete wakeup call. The amount of graft and kickback to the Chinese Government was astounding. Then the Government would take part of that and kick it back to the manufacturer. It is a totally corrupt system and anything but fair to anyone inside or or outside of china except to the Chinese Government or the upper Management of the Manufacturers. This isn't fair trade nor is it free trade. It's corrupt trade. And it's done on just about anything that leaves the shores of China headed to the US.

The primary chip is made by TSMC, and even samsung isnt ready. so you can be sure nobody in usa is remotely capable.
I disagree. If can be done, it can be done in America. No doubt, it can be done better.

Yeah, it can be done here for 3 to 5 times the price. Fuck that shit. Keep your big government away from my wallet.

Yeah, fuck that American worker. Why we should stop supporting them making good wages so your fucking wallet won't suffer.

After WWII, America became the greatest proponent of the global economy because due to the war, we were the greatest producer of food, steel, oil, and just about everything else. However, Europe and Japan both recovered from the war within 20 years and became completion for the US. Then 3rd world countries began offering the only thing they had to the world, cheap labor.

Today, US labor has to be more productive than the completion abroad; that is if a US worker is to make $40/hr and the competition abroad is making $4/hr then the US worker has to be something of an order of 10 times more productive to justify that wage. The company also has to increase it's revenue substantially to maintain the same level of employment. And that's a big problem.
I don't disagree. However, the purpose of the entire 'tariff' issue isn't to really impose tariff on other countries, but to get them to drop barriers to fair trade around the world.

I get the arguments for why other nations don't want to flood their markets with American goods. It is reasonable.

Just as it is equally reasonable for us to want the same thing. In the end, what it really is about is open and honest competition.

Would that be an incentive for others to work to beat that advantage? You betcha.

I did a fast check on the difference it would take to even out the Chinese products shipped here and the same products produced here. Yes, the cost in China was much less. But when you added in the graft the Chinese Government does at the border and then the shipping costs, it ended up only saving about 20% to have it made in China and chances are the quality will be crap. That's right, the various companies moved overseas to save a whopping 20% and wrecked entire economies in the United States in the Process. Some moved to other countries for a lot less. I made the statement years ago that we should place a 25% tariff on China and others and the Manufacturers would return. Well, it's happening now. It's too early to see the manufacturers return. They are trying to invest millions into shaming you into thinking that they should be felt sorry for. Nope, they need to get their butts back to the US, create the jobs again and put our folks back to work. It just takes time.

Trump to Apple: 'Make your products' in the US to avoid tariffs

Yep! pretty simple. Hire American workers and build it here...I still won't buy apple products but it does help Americans if that was done.

I wonder do you feel the same about Rump having his products made here? You know since they aren't, do you think he should or will tariff himself?

Yes dumbass, it will affect all manufacturing. The Trump companies that do manufacturing have to do so overseas just like everyone else because it’s the only way to stay in business. Changing the law will allow them to manufacture here and be competitive.

So dumbass, he should lead by example and move his shit here first before he does what he does best and blowhard about someone else. How is that dumbass?

We all know that doesn’t work. Moving manufacturing here would just put them out of business since they have to unfairly compete with the slave labor Chinese market. I know people with a small business that have to do their production overseas in order to even try to compete in the market. Not because they want to, because they have to. They would rather manufacture here but it’s too expensive and the laws don’t reward you for doing so, in fact they punish you. That is exactly why President Trump is trying to change that.

Fair to who?

One of the first things a government does is subsidize exports. I looked into importing from China. It was a complete wakeup call. The amount of graft and kickback to the Chinese Government was astounding. Then the Government would take part of that and kick it back to the manufacturer. It is a totally corrupt system and anything but fair to anyone inside or or outside of china except to the Chinese Government or the upper Management of the Manufacturers. This isn't fair trade nor is it free trade. It's corrupt trade. And it's done on just about anything that leaves the shores of China headed to the US.
I have also had dealings in China and yes there's tons of corruption at all levels at least from the western point of view. However, that is the way business is done in China and no trade agreement is going to change that. Tributes are given to public officials just as they were in the tribute system thousands of years ago. If you want a permit approved you did something nice for some official which often did not involve the passing of money such as hiring a family member, giving a gift in the name of the official, or writing a letter of praise. As with everything in China what is legally required or forbidden is not what is commonly practiced. In 2013, there was some anti-corruption laws passed which may have some effect.

Last edited:

I did a fast check on the difference it would take to even out the Chinese products shipped here and the same products produced here. Yes, the cost in China was much less. But when you added in the graft the Chinese Government does at the border and then the shipping costs, it ended up only saving about 20% to have it made in China and chances are the quality will be crap. That's right, the various companies moved overseas to save a whopping 20% and wrecked entire economies in the United States in the Process. Some moved to other countries for a lot less. I made the statement years ago that we should place a 25% tariff on China and others and the Manufacturers would return. Well, it's happening now. It's too early to see the manufacturers return. They are trying to invest millions into shaming you into thinking that they should be felt sorry for. Nope, they need to get their butts back to the US, create the jobs again and put our folks back to work. It just takes time.
Doing business in China can be very profitable for large operations but not for small business. South Korea is a much more friendly place for a small business importing products or supplies.

In many cases, you have no choice but to buy abroad if you want to sell your product. The market you're selling into sets limits on your price.

Trump to Apple: 'Make your products' in the US to avoid tariffs

Yep! pretty simple. Hire American workers and build it here...I still won't buy apple products but it does help Americans if that was done.

I wonder do you feel the same about Rump having his products made here? You know since they aren't, do you think he should or will tariff himself?

Yes dumbass, it will affect all manufacturing. The Trump companies that do manufacturing have to do so overseas just like everyone else because it’s the only way to stay in business. Changing the law will allow them to manufacture here and be competitive.

So dumbass, he should lead by example and move his shit here first before he does what he does best and blowhard about someone else. How is that dumbass?

We all know that doesn’t work. Moving manufacturing here would just put them out of business since they have to unfairly compete with the slave labor Chinese market. I know people with a small business that have to do their production overseas in order to even try to compete in the market. Not because they want to, because they have to. They would rather manufacture here but it’s too expensive and the laws don’t reward you for doing so, in fact they punish you. That is exactly why President Trump is trying to change that.

He doesn't want to lead by example either. It didn't help Ivanka either, she like her dad is a bad business person as well. Thus the reason she had to shut one of her businesses down, slave labor and all.

MAGA!

I suppose thats why they support labor unions.

But whats even better is how republicans used to be for free trade. Moving final manufacturing doesnt do shit when key components are made in asia, and cant be produced anywhere else.
----------------------------------------------------- why can't they be produced anywhere else DUDM ??

I love when you left wingnuts who want more governmental control of our lives and our economy call someone else a liberal.

You are Stalin compared to me.

we will see what TRUMP thinks and does , he is the boss but he has got you guys in a dither and i back him with my vote Gentlemen.
He's got you swallowing. Rather you than me.
------------------------------------------- yer just a foreigner so whats up with that as you try to influence us YANKS to do trade in a way that you foreigners approve of ?? Well , looks like its the President Trump thats in charge and he will Steer the USA in the direction that he thinks best for US in the USA . Looks like he may also break some foreign arms as he fecks with YOU foreigners on trade . See my post number 99 or the Opening Post 'Mr. Foreign Influencer' CNM .

I love when you left wingnuts who want more governmental control of our lives and our economy call someone else a liberal.

---------------------------------------------------------------- things May be changing for you guys that are used to NO Tariffs for the last about 100 years . Keep in mind that it is TRUMPS goal to have Tariff Free Trading world and if that happens it will be the TRUMP that brought it to you GGator .

LOL

You are so far left of Me, I would need a navigation aide to find you.

---------------------------------------------------------------- things May be changing for you guys that are used to NO Tariffs for the last about 100 years . Keep in mind that it is TRUMPS goal to have Tariff Free Trading world and if that happens it will be the TRUMP that brought it to you GGator .

Trump does not have the power to remove the 4000 pages worth of tariffs that the US now has in place on incoming goods, not that he really wants to.

You statist also always ignore the other part of the equation, subsidies. Or at least you ignore them when we do it. Do you think Trump is going to go to the plains states and have a rally where he talks about ending the 20 billion plus Ag subsidies? Or is he going to end the subsides that give the US dairy farmer 70% of their income? Trump will not bite the hand that feeds him

LOL

Funny coming from the socialist supporting tariffs to give the Fed Govt more control over the economy and over us. There is nothing you are to the right of me on.

LOL

Funny coming from the socialist supporting tariffs to give the Fed Govt more control over the economy and over us. There is nothing you are to the right of me on.
Funny you are unable to think strategically, yet whine like the selfish bastard you accuse Republicans of when it hits your own wallet.

but i do remember all the old guys back in the 70s saying that Tariffs were bad and i agreed just because ALL 'republicans' said that and i was 'republican' . Then i got to know 'repubs' over the years on other issues that were important to me . I found the 'repubs' to be scum . See 'reagan' and amnesty . see 'bushes' and immigration . See 'mcstain' and immigration . Anyway , here we have The TRUMP and he may PERHAPS be doing tariffs and it makes sense to me . Perhaps the 'mantra' or brainwashing against tariffs is simply a 'mantra' and brainwashing that tariffs are bad that everyone repeated . Looks like America may find out eh ??

LOL

Funny you are unable to think strategically, yet whine like the selfish bastard you accuse Republicans of when it hits your own wallet.

Funny you want to give the Fed Govt more control over the economy, private businesses and private citizens and then call yourself a conservative.

LOL

Funny you want to give the Fed Govt more control over the economy, private businesses and private citizens and then call yourself a conservative.
Maybe you missed it. I don't know, don't really care. Thinking strategically in order to reduce unfair practices by using a 'TACTIC' in trade negotiation seems to have gone right over your head. Strange that since golfers would consider that a worm-burner on the duff swing.

Forum List

Back